GDT: 2023-24 season game 62 LA Kings vs Ottawa Senators @7:30pm 3/7/24

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Front office gonna break their arms patting themselves on the back for beating a lottery team on a b2b across the country at home in OT. Mission accomplished! Now let's trade Kaliyev Clarke and a 1st for Toffoli

Really though I'm starting to be convinced they're only dressing those guys so some people can go "look how many pro games this guy has played, bust" when they get traded

Why do I have to keep reminding you to shut your whore mouth?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That was pure will lol. I was also LMFAO at Roy trying to figure out what to do offensively and in front of the net, lol.

These were the 3 dmen used in OT. 🤦

Gav...slow AF trying to lead the rush
Doughty-nice job shooting it into the defender
Roy-surprised
Yet somehow Roy found a way to keep it alive and Fiala did the rest.

this team. :laugh:

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005

Pretty spot on and so were the people saying that with time and patience, Byfield could become the more dominant of the 2.

Byfield's progression has been nothing short of insane this season... and now he's starting to use his size which was one of the criticisms against him. The guy is a beast and if Blake could do only 1 thing right in his tenure as GM, it was taking QB over Stutzle

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
For the love of God stop playing Kopi and Doughty together in OT. We look decent 3 on 3 with anyone else out there but their shifts are like a side quest that we need to survive before getting back to trying to actually win the game.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I hope we keep Roy long term, f the haters
Nobody hates Roy. People want him traded because they dont have the cap to sign him and will lose him for nothing.
There is merit to treating him like your own rental but thats really if you think you are a contender.
There is also merit in dealing him because he is worth a lot in trade.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I've been critical of Fiala since he came to LA, but I have to tip my hat on that game winner. The skill, determination, strength, and second effort was something that few players can do and it's why we have him.

Also very happy with Talbot and QB (goes without saying at this point). Probably win in regulation without our defensive stalwart Roy turning it over in his own end.

Last edited:

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I was just about done with PL after the Tkachuk goal then he came back and played some of the best hockey I have seen him play in a Kings uniform.

If we get that effort or close to that effort out of him it is a whole new ballgame. When he plays with a bit of edge and commitment it changes the whole complexion of this team.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Who were you more impressed with in OT- PLD or Fiala?

Fiala, another excellent individual effort, as seen many times and will be seen many more times
-OR-
PLD showing what could be possible when he wants it bad enough?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Who were you more impressed with in OT- PLD or Fiala?

Fiala, another excellent individual effort, as seen many times and will be seen many more times
-OR-
PLD showing what could be possible when he wants it bad enough?

TBF Fiala has shown that before...but it's been a long way since his knee injury. That's what's been missing this year till recently, the reverse hits, the powerful edgework, the shielding, dude can get 'under' and leverage almost anyone when he's feeling it. So hopefully he's feeling 100% this time.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
interesting ice times last night:

Arty 5:07
Roy 26:42 (more than Doughty)
Turcotte 9:21
Arty does not look like he is fast enough for the new NHL. Love the shot but if you can’t constantly get in position to take it then you’re useless. It makes me sad as I was hoping he would overcome this. I am not just talking about foot speed he just seems a split second behind in everything.

I loved Turcotte game last night I think he deserves more time going forward. If we could only stack 15 more pounds on that guy.

We are really gonna miss Roy next year. He is just a solid Mr. everything defenseman.

Byfield is starting to look like a young star. Turcotte is turning the corner and Clarke is just dipping his toes in the ocean. At least our future is looking a lot better than it was last year.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
made it back in time for the 3rd period. Was an entertaining period and end to the game. Sounds like the first two periods were crap. Saw that save by Talbot...holy shit

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

Refs should have called a 5 minute major on that. It was 100% targeting Englund's head.

Refs sometimes just defer to the league after the game when they should just make the right call in the first place.

Since they now have the ability to use replay, there is no excuse for not calling that.

Didn't know Parker Kelly was such a little bitch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00