GDT: 2023-24 season game 50 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @4:00pm 2/13/24

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I would collect the 10
Million personally lol

I'm sure he will, and hey I don't blame him, it's $14m and athletes usually don't realize when the walls are closing in.

Just absolutely maddening that Blake gave him a 2 year extension the summer before his contract even ended. Players that age should be on year to year deals, especially when you factor in the cap rules with those counting against the cap no matter what. Just more evidence that Blake is completely in-over his head trying to manage an NHL team. But I'm sure two years from now when Kopitar is on his last legs at 38 and making $7m a year the usual "How was Blake supposed to know?", "You guys are Monday Morning QB's" and "Hindsight is 20/20" crowd will be going strong.

And it pains me to say this about Kopitar, because I have such great respect and admiration for him and what he has accomplished here, but to many people in this organization thought he was Benjamin Button or something and were in complete denial about his age. It sure would have been nice for Kopi had he been able to finish up here in a role similar to how Yzerman finished in Detroit, instead he is expected to play massive minutes at age 36 (and probably through his age 38 season)

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Nobody should be surprised at this result. Some of the worst losses have come at the hands on the Sabers. Why, who knows? I think Kopitar and Doughty have seen 3 wins in 14 years vs them. Now they're like what, 3-18 in the last 21 games vs them? This was just as bad as the loss to them in the early 2000's after beating Boston.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Nobody should be surprised at this result. Some of the worst losses have come at the hands on the Sabers. Why, who knows? I think Kopitar and Doughty have seen 3 wins in 14 years vs them. Now they're like what, 3-18 in the last 21 games vs them? This was just as bad as the loss to them in the early 2000's after beating Boston.
That's not how this works. Just because they've had bad losses in Buffalo before does not mean they are fated to continue having bad losses in Buffalo. There many things responsible for what happened last night (about 20 players, a few coaches, and some executives), but fate is not one of them.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kempe will be 28 and Moore 29 when next season starts, and the Kings are years away from legit contention. If you can get good value, both should be available
Wait, they can't do this. Who will mentor the youngsters? Think of where the Kings would be without the invaluable contributions Kopi, Donuts, and their dogs have made as mentors the past few seasons.

If the Kings were to trade Kempe and Moore, wouldn't that make our beloved and overpaid Kopi and Donuts mad?

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Know what this game tells us?

Hiller also a part of the problem.

Blake should be accompanying the team on this trip, carrying a can of gasoline & book of matches to set down on the table in the locker room

Reactions: chris kontos

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Ha

vent bothered watching a game in over 6 weeks. You should be worried Blake, you jumped up farmer.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Know what this game tells us?

Hiller also a part of the problem.

Blake should be accompanying the team on this trip, carrying a can of gasoline & book of matches to set down on the table in the locker room

You know what this game really tells us more than that? Is that it's one f***ing game in the best league in the world, where on one team, the entire team came out fired up, and the other team, everyone was warm dog shit with the exception of two players,

Tell me what did it say for Colorado when they lost 8-2 to St Louis? or TB losing 8-1 to DAL etc?

Point is simple, taking one game and making a conclusion from that, is absolutely idiotic.

Reactions: Vino

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That's not how this works. Just because they've had bad losses in Buffalo before does not mean they are fated to continue having bad losses in Buffalo. There many things responsible for what happened last night (about 20 players, a few coaches, and some executives), but fate is not one of them.

So if a team loses 10 straight games to another team you don't think it will continue? The Kings record vs the Sabers speaks for itself. 12 goals vs 3 goals in the last two games, 20-5 over the last 3. This is way worse than the long ass 20 game losing streak vs the stars. The Stars were a good team.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
So if a team loses 10 straight games to another team you don't think it will continue? The Kings record vs the Sabers speaks for itself. 12 goals vs 3 goals in the last two games, 20-5 over the last 3. This is way worse than the long ass 20 game losing streak vs the stars. The Stars were a good team.
How does what happened in Buffalo ten years ago, nine years ago, eight years ago, etc. have anything at all to do with how each of the twenty players on the ice last night performed? I take it understanding a causal connection or lack thereof isn't your strong suit.

Good to know we can just chalk games up to the greater cosmic beings out there instead of the dopey eyed captain who vomited out a dash-six last night and the $11 million defenseman who threaded a pass onto the tape of one of the least offensively talented players in the NHL for a uninterrupted lane to the net when the game was still close.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
You know what this game really tells us more than that? Is that it's one f***ing game in the best league in the world, where on one team, the entire team came out fired up, and the other team, everyone was warm dog shit with the exception of two players,

Tell me what did it say for Colorado when they lost 8-2 to St Louis? or TB losing 8-1 to DAL etc?

Point is simple, taking one game and making a conclusion from that, is absolutely idiotic.

wow i had no idea LA played in only 1 NHL game since 2017!!!

so all those games were just simulations on my Playstation!?!?!?
1707927237695.png
I gotta change my meds, this is so embarrassing! Now i'm questioning if that dog I own is really a dog

Reactions: Sol

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Were you watching tonight? He was a problem.
Someone posted his stats for January in this thread and I think it was a goal and 5 assists in 15 games for the month. Hes making a big chunk of the cap and is the go to guy in every situation. No coach has the stones to demote him. Love the player but something has to be done.
Just like Quick is one of my all time favorite players but he hit a wall here and it was time to let him go. They didnt extend him a year early like Kopitar and his last year was dicey.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
wow i had no idea LA played in only 1 NHL game since 2017!!!

so all those games were just simulations on my Playstation!?!?!? View attachment 819534I gotta change my meds, this is so embarrassing! Now i'm questioning if that dog I own is really a dog

Well, we see reading comprehension isn't your forte, is it,

Try reading what I was responding to, and then....try again,

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Remember when they tried to promote ticket sales by claiming that this team is ready to compete for the Stanley Cup? I’m sure this is just a minor blip in that direction. Maybe after taking over a month off the soon to be champions will get on a roll, most likely a roll that is headed downhill.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Well, we see reading comprehension isn't your forte, is it,

Try reading what I was responding to, and then....try again,

Hiller is a Blake tentacle

Blake's tentacles go as far back as 2017

but like i said, i'll return whatever thing i think is a Dog, and call my doctor today to boost my meds because i am admitting to you that this whole nightmare i thought was longer than just one game

you convinced me, it's just one game

but now i'm very very worried about myself :(

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Hiller is a Blake tentacle

Blake's tentacles go as far back as 2017

but like i said, i'll return whatever thing i think is a Dog, and call my doctor today to boost my meds because i am admitting to you that this whole nightmare i thought was longer than just one game

you convinced me, it's just one game

but now i'm very very worried about myself :(

Hiller is a Blake tentacle, LMAO what in the hell are you smoking...Oh wait, you are the guy who posted that picture of Blake and Hiller playing on the same team 30 years ago...for 25 games....so therefore Hiller MUST be a Blake plant......

Yea, I'd be worried about you as well....

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I'm sure he will, and hey I don't blame him, it's $14m and athletes usually don't realize when the walls are closing in.

Just absolutely maddening that Blake gave him a 2 year extension the summer before his contract even ended. Players that age should be on year to year deals, especially when you factor in the cap rules with those counting against the cap no matter what. Just more evidence that Blake is completely in-over his head trying to manage an NHL team. But I'm sure two years from now when Kopitar is on his last legs at 38 and making $7m a year the usual "How was Blake supposed to know?", "You guys are Monday Morning QB's" and "Hindsight is 20/20" crowd will be going strong.

And it pains me to say this about Kopitar, because I have such great respect and admiration for him and what he has accomplished here, but to many people in this organization thought he was Benjamin Button or something and were in complete denial about his age. It sure would have been nice for Kopi had he been able to finish up here in a role similar to how Yzerman finished in Detroit, instead he is expected to play massive minutes at age 36 (and probably through his age 38 season)

Longterm contracts are the devil. There is this romanticized ideal of players riding off into the sunset with the same team that drafted them, but there is always that ugly epilogue to the careers that frankly would be better spent with another organization so that the memories shouldn't be tarnished.

I'll save the sentimentality for my family and friends. I am spending my money and time on watching a hockey team, I don't give a shit about flowery nonsense. Make smart decisions so my time is respected, don't waste it on pretending we are a "family". We are not.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Hiller is a Blake tentacle, LMAO what in the hell are you smoking...Oh wait, you are the guy who posted that picture of Blake and Hiller playing on the same team 30 years ago...for 25 games....so therefore Hiller MUST be a Blake plant......

Yea, I'd be worried about you as well....

thank you for all that

guys, it's just one game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad