GDT: 2023-24 season Game 5 LA Kings vs Boston Bruins @7:30pm 10/21/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I mean, sure, even Doughty made bonehead plays and still built a Hall of Fame career out of those years. Voynov was in years 1-3 of his career, playing top four minutes, on a defensive, Darryl Sutter coached two time Stanley Cup winning team. He had a lot going for him.
“Even Doughty made bonehead plays and still built a HHOC career.”

That’s like me saying the USSR deserved to be attacked by the Nazi’s in 1941 because Stalin wasn’t very nice either. Ironically enough Doughty played a flawless game in 2012. Unbelievable he didn’t win the Conn Smyth actually.

Long story short…. age/rookie/potential does not matter. We have to analyze the on ice product and Voynov was quite often a turnover machine, something Drew is not.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Dany Heatley killed teammate Dan Snyder and didn't miss a single game. But yet Voynov gets banished for life...seems fair.
Can'r have negative publicity in NHL circles cause well that's a fate worse than Death what a crock of shit right...Voynov served his time and did all asked of him and then Lombardi the coward scrambles to cover his own ass! In the End Lombardi got canned for his shortsightedness and bad deals..thinking Cernak for Bishop...Sekera for a first rounder and we got all of how many games for the Carolina D-man 16?Pancakes helped solidify and gave the 2nd line more even for only parts of 3 seasons before he fell off the Earth...and Voynov gets dealt the Death sentence because his Wife went ballastic...sure seems fair... the Honeymoon was over before it practically began,nice...but they're still together and he's still playing...hope he banked all the money he made from the Kings too bad it couldn't have been for a 10-15 year career and Top 4 minutes cause the Kings still after all these Years have not replaced him but there's hope...

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Can'r have negative publicity in NHL circles cause well that's a fate worse than Death what a crock of shit right...Voynov served his time and did all asked of him and then Lombardi the coward scrambles to cover his own ass! In the End Lombardi got canned for his shortsightedness and bad deals..thinking Cernak for Bishop...Sekera for a first rounder and we got all of how many games for the Carolina D-man 16?Pancakes helped solidify and gave the 2nd line more even for only parts of 3 seasons before he fell off the Earth...and Voynov gets dealt the Death sentence because his Wife went ballastic...sure seems fair... the Honeymoon was over before it practically began,nice...but they're still together and he's still playing...hope he banked all the money he made from the Kings too bad it couldn't have been for a 10-15 year career and Top 4 minutes cause the Kings still after all these Years have not replaced him but there's hope...
Lombardi got canned because he wouldn't fire Sutter.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Voynov was on his way to being one of LA's better young D-men...GSargent,JWells, RBlake,DDoughty,AZhitnik,VVoynov and I must have forgotten some other Home grown Products...maybe DSydor,AMartinez,LVishnovsky...MHardy...MAnderson has a chance

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I believe in second chances, I believe in the concept of paying for your mistakes - be punished and given the opportunity to right the ship. You go ahead and stand on your soapbox and pretend you’ve never made a mistake in life…that’s cool.

The guy had no history of abuse or criminal history (that I can remember). He got screwed, end of story.
From what i understand, he was/is free to sign with any NHL team (not just the Kings). Not one has done so. Maybe that tells you something. Or maybe he's being screwed by all teams and the NHL. IDK...but neither do you. Seems like teams know and they want nothing to do with him.

While i agree that his punishment compared to some others was odd...more so those others should have been punished more. Kinda odd/random.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I wasn‘t comparing Voynov to Doughty except to say everyone makes turnovers, especially rookie defensemen. And with those turnovers, Voynov was very good at recovering for his mistakes. Roy, who is entering his prime, has never proven to be as good as Voynov was.
And I never said you were comparing him and i have specified this. You bring Doughty into the mix for whatever reason. Everybody sometimes drive to hard too, but my neighbor is far worse because he does not have his drivers license anymore.

Its a non-argument that Doughty makes mistakes too. The quantity is from importance.

Being a rookie doesnt matter either because Voynov was mister turn-over during his whole tenure here.

Last edited:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
From what i understand, he was/is free to sign with any NHL team (not just the Kings). Not one has done so. Maybe that tells you something. Or maybe he's being screwed by all teams and the NHL. IDK...but neither do you. Seems like teams know and they want nothing to do with him.

While i agree that his punishment compared to some others was odd...more so those others should have been punished more. Kinda odd/random.
Sure, whatever, doesn't change the fact that he wasn't reinstated to the league unitl 20-21 season (that's almost 6 seasons)...already losing his prime years in the league.

Again, Dany Heatley KILLED A TEAMMATE.....and didn't miss a single game.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just put themon ignore and enjoy. I was able to tolerate them until I began getting PMs from them because they couldn't post. That was it.
I’ve done that, but then full threads are just incoherent arguments.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just put themon ignore and enjoy. I was able to tolerate them until I began getting PMs from them because they couldn't post. That was it.

Ya, that was the final straw for me, becasue there's no way to patrol that. And then they started PMing other posters asking them to PM me.

lifes been 100% better since.

I know a lot of people see it as appreciating all viewpoints but when the viewpoint is to just shit all over the chessboard no matter what it's just not worth the air. I'm convinced you could tell any number of these guys you're a huge fan and totally agree with them and they'd still find a way to fight it. Hell the posts in which i tried to be nice ended up with angrier retorts than the ones where I was being an equal dick right back.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Biggest troll of any message board i ever read. Appearently his goal is not to discuss rationally but just be oppositional to all viewpoints

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Biggest troll of any message board i ever read. Appearently his goal is not to discuss rationally but just be oppositional to all viewpoints
Don’t you think that’s a bit unfair? Sol isn’t THAT bad….besides, he uses really big words so that’s fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad