GDT: 2023-24 season game 49 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 2/10/24

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I watched the first half of last nights game between the ducks and oilers. Kane and Perry clowned Gibson several times. Looking at the box score, that was enough for the win once the really talented players woke up.

Kings are gonna need to lull the competition and fans into sleep tonight to pull out the W.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Fire the coach to shake things up & run back the same mess. Could make things interesting by targeting 97 & putting him on his ass constantly, but probably better to go down by Two & run the 131 the rest of the night.

Edit: Feel the team is a couple of small adjustments away & a bump in goaltending from making a push & being entertaining to watch. They're just going to double down on what hasn't been working.

Last edited:

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Does this mean Hiller hates Kaliyev too?

if Hiller is McLellan's former assistant
if Hiller is Blake's former teammate
If Hiller states he'll keep the roster as is
Then yes, Hiller hates Kaliyev as well

Your argument is the equivalent of saying Karl Marx is now replaced with Lenin, does this mean Lenin is a communist too?

Yes, yes it does

but try harder, no bashing here, but your last few arguments are very basic

here let me help, if the Kings get back to their winning ways with the exact same lineup, does that make Kaliyev expendable at the trade deadline? Also what does that say about McLellan and why was he even fired in the first place?

This is a bit more interesting and deep, and harder to answer

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
I’m very interested to see if these guys come out with their hair on fire tonight. Clean slate for 5 games. If they shit the bed though than Hiller gets all of Todd’s bags!

Poor roster construction and long term Cap is still FUBAR so Blake gets no mercy from me!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Guys this is worse than I could have ever imagined… John Stevens took the Kings out to ice cream when they got their backs blown out…

Now the Kings are making ice cream instead! Hiller is John Stevens 2.0. We are doomed.
IMG_8236.png

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
if Hiller is McLellan's former assistant
if Hiller is Blake's former teammate
If Hiller states he'll keep the roster as is
Then yes, Hiller hates Kaliyev as well
OR...I mean call me crazy....maybe NOBODY hates Kaliyev and he's not in the lineup cause he's kinda sucked when he has been in. I know, nutty concept!
but try harder, no bashing here, but your last few arguments are very basic.
Ouch

here let me help, if the Kings get back to their winning ways with the exact same lineup, does that make Kaliyev expendable at the trade deadline? Also what does that say about McLellan and why was he even fired in the first place?
If Hiller can stop the current roster from making bonehead plays and get them back to playing the way they were the first 25 games of the season, then all that says about TM is the players cost him his job. Not sure how you can look at it any other way unless you are hellbent on dogging TM which I know this group is...so there's that.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
OR...I mean call me crazy....maybe NOBODY hates Kaliyev and he's not in the lineup cause he's kinda sucked when he has been in. I know, nutty concept!

Ouch

If Hiller can stop the current roster from making bonehead plays and get them back to playing the way they were the first 25 games of the season, then all that says about TM is the players cost him his job. Not sure how you can look at it any other way unless you are hellbent on dogging TM which I know this group is...so there's that.
Or you could say TMac couldn’t keep them playing consistently. It cannot all be on the players any more than it is all on the coach.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita

Ouch

Yea JAD, PL and Grundstrom haven’t struggled either huh? Yet they are still in the lineup every game.

This organization has something against Kaliyev and you’re blind if you don’t see it.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
don't even know what to expect at this point, hard to feel like it's even part of the same season its' been so long heh

also I'm sick as all hell right now, just trying to fight thru it and hopefully watch the game
Hope you get feeling better soon. I cant stand being sick

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Does anybody know if this game will be on ESPN+? Seems like games that are shown on the NHL Network don't get broadcast on ESPN+ sometimes, even though Bally's is showing it. I have "other" ways to watch it, but I'd prefer to not watch through my browser.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
don't even know what to expect at this point, hard to feel like it's even part of the same season its' been so long heh

also I'm sick as all hell right now, just trying to fight thru it and hopefully watch the game
Hope you feel better. Do you have a bad head cold? We've been dealing with that in our house for the last week.

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
I'm excited to watch tonight---new coach, gotta shake things up, right? Let's see the new lines, maybe a surprise or two...honey, we're definitely watching the Kings tonight...gotta see the new stuff.
[checks lines online]
The same f'ing lineup, same lines????
No Clarke? No Kaliyev?
Are you f'ing kidding me???
Honey, let's pick-up where we are in Breaking Bad for our 3rd time through...

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I'm excited to watch tonight---new coach, gotta shake things up, right? Let's see the new lines, maybe a surprise or two...honey, we're definitely watching the Kings tonight...gotta see the new stuff.
[checks lines online]
The same f'ing lineup, same lines????
No Clarke? No Kaliyev?
Are you f'ing kidding me???
Honey, let's pick-up where we are in Breaking Bad for our 3rd time through...
Crazy to think that the coaches the org is paying millions of dollars to have different opinions on who should be in the lineup and what the lines should be than a bunch of fans on an internet message board.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Hoping the coaching change will change the direction of this team, A win would be a great start, but they are playing the Oilers and the Kings haven't had success against the Oilers.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm feeling good about this game. Byfield's gonna have some wind in his sails. Kopitar and Doughty are going to lead by example. Rittich is going to play well. Our second line will be clicking and Dubois will be putting forth a little extra energy!

Calling it now, Oilers win 5-3

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I'm feeling good about this game. Byfield's gonna have some wind in his sails. Kopitar and Doughty are going to lead by example. Rittich is going to play well. Our second line will be clicking and Dubois will be putting forth a little extra energy!

Calling it now, Oilers win 5-3
Has it been confirmed that Rittich is the starter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad