GDT: 2023-24 season game 42 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @7:00pm 1/18/24

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Would be hilarious considering he's a 35+ contract and he will still count against the cap.
True, but really I don't think it's going to matter. Assuming these clowns are all fired as soon as the season ends, the new guy is going to come in and immediately realize the same thing Lombardi did the last time someone had to clean up the mess created by a Kings legend trying to play GM (and Taylor left the Kings in a way better position than Blake will)

These guys in their late 20's and early 30's are going to be traded because their age and contract doesn't mix with what that person is going to have to do, which is essentially start over completely. We will see guys like Fiala, Kempe and Danault traded.

They won't be worried about being up against the cap for probably another 5 years, and that's assuming the new guy does a good job drafting and developing.

I think Rob actually cares and just isn't good at his job. Arte is just in it for the money, doesn't care as long as suckers keep going to see Trout and the next big Japanese star, thats ok to him. They are the Cubs of the American league.

Maybe so, but this is a results oriented business, and both these men have absolutely destroyed my two favorite professional sports teams. If Blake really cared about the Kings he would have surrounded himself with people who have a clue, instead we get Nelly, Muzz and Yank.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
This is the same situation as the Oilers earlier in the season. Decent roster tuned out coach...and rightfully tuned out. A guy who never pulls the right lever

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Our GM's bs right there!

All it means is he's not going to be given a 4th coach. And that is to be expected, most GM's with zero playoff wins in seven seasons under 3 different coaches are not given the benefit of the doubt and able to try a 4th coach.

Although this also assumes that somebody is at least there to check Luc Robitaille, and maybe that's not the case.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I wonder if Quick is playing Saturday.. as if it can’t get any worse.
Shesterkin played tonight. He got lit I think. So they might treat Kings as a mini slump buster for him . But I think Quick plays

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The Kings are asking really bad for a setback this season. I'm not talking about missing the playoffs by a point, but 2 to 3 teams that won't make the playoffs will end up finishing ahead of the Kings! Clueless Charmin's system is broken. He's a coach that is awful at mixing up player combo's and matching the opponents lines. The team has no resolve in winning tight games. They either were blowing a team out or losing headscratchers.

have Quick beat us this weekend would be the f***ing cherry on top
Book it bcuz it's gonna happen for sure!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Man, Blake had an opportunity to get his butt saved with Boudreau, Berube, etc, available to get this team out of this giant stinking sink hole that keeps getting bigger and he announces a vote of confidence in Clueless Charmin for the rest of the season. I hope this completely blows up in Blake's face.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Trading away PLD solved all their problems. But does this seem familiar to anyone?

This has been a problem for the Kings since they gave up on Sutter. This team always crumbles when the pressure is on. The pressure was on when they went on that trip through New York and they haven't gotten off the mat since. And it goes waaaaay back to when the players were whining about having fun. They were tired of working hard and wanted to have fun. They should have been shipped out right then and there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad