GDT: 2023-24 season game 42 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @7:00pm 1/18/24

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I actually feel for Kopitar right now, being the first one out saying I need to be better

like bro 23 minutes is an elite #1 dman's playing time, we know you've got more to give
There's no one in the organization that deserves more right now. The dude has given everything to the Kings. TMac and Blake are failing him so hard right now. He may not be the greatest or most vocal captain in King's history, but he isn't hiding and he is the team's biggest warrior. I bet Quick is so happy to be out of this shitstorm now after the fact, and Brown got out at just the perfect time - I don't blame for running back to the east coast and not wanting a role in the organization right now (but I do hope that eventually he has an ambassador/advisor/Jarret Stoll-type roll in the future).

Kopitar and Doughty's ending legacy looks bleak right now.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Loss stings even more considering how great RoR looked, Ferraro gushed about him and their 1st line the whole night. Imagine this team with O'Reilly and still having Vilardi right about now. Although with our luck lately, Gabe would've had a season ending injury already....
Nick and Darryl were giving it up for RoR in the radio broadcast as well. Predators radio broadcast sucks lol.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Vilardi is sorely missed on the PP. Looks like Drew is fired up after the twitter fiasco, he's actually scoring. He plays best when he's pissed off. Todd is riding the vets into the ground, he HAS to f***ing go.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Vilardi is sorely missed on the PP. Looks like Drew is fired up after the twitter fiasco, he's actually scoring. He plays best when he's pissed off. Todd is riding the vets into the ground, he HAS to f***ing go.
Pretty much, with as much as you can criticize Doughty for, he is also still holding up while being forced to be the ironman of the league and shoulder the most minutes in the NHL year after year by far. He has more goals than Danault and PLD despite most of his shots ending up in the stratosphere :P

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
He was drafted in 2014 , 10 years ago, and like most 7th, didn't make the team out of camp. He bounced around the sharks org for 9 years, playing only 59 pro games. That's not good. Now he found a spot in Minn, and he's doing ok.
Nobody is crying about him not being a King. He's a dime a dozen 7th rounder as someone said, who took 10 years to develop . I had no idea he who he was, or even was drafted by us.

I do hear what you're saying. But you might be off just a bit.

Yes he was drafted in 2014 (last pick of the draft btw, just adding this).

He went Unsigned by the Kings, and attended Sharks camp in Sept of 2016 on a tryout, and then signed a 1 year AHL deal (16/17) with the Sharks AHL affiliate. Then in Sept of 2017 he signed a 3 year entry level deal with the Sharks, and played in the AHL for those 3 seasons, for a total of 4 full years mostly played with the Sharks AHL team. So he bounced around between the 2 leagues for roughly 4 full seasons.

So add in a few AHL games in his 5th season, however most of that season was spent playing for the Sharks(45) and Wild(21). During that season the Sharks sent Kaapo Kahkonen and a 5th for him. Ok, I'll give you that 5th season =_)

He played full time for the Wild last season (79 games) and is also playing full time this year (44 of 45 games). That's pretty regular.

And this year he hasn't been a dime a dozen 7th rounder. He is easily playing 3rd/4th defense pairing minutes; only following Faber's 24+ mins per game and a combined two players (23+ mins, injuries, for a total of 43 games played between the two). He is though a -7; fourth worse on the team. But my guess is it's because he gets a lot more defensive zone starts than the others. He's a minute muncher to boot. He is playing 20+ mins a game, 4th most on the team. And again, he hits (opposing players) and stands up for his teammates. He's not afraid of contact. He'll duke it out when needed. Something sorely covered now, even with England.

Copied from Google/CBS Sports website: He's added 68 hits, 95 blocked shots and 39 PIM in a top-four role, providing some bite on the blue line for the Wild.

I, as a litfe long Kings fan (since around 1970), am crying over this spilled milk. This case is frustrating to me because he was a real find! And they just let him go. I know the Kings could of used him the last 3 seasons.

Thanks for your input earlier!

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I do hear what you're saying. But you are off just a bit.

Yes he was drafted in 2014 (last pick of the draft btw, just adding this).

He went Unsigned by the Kings, and attended Sharks camp in Sept of 2016 on a tryout, and then signed a 1 year AHL deal (16/17) with the Sharks AHL affiliate. Then in Sept of 2017 he signed a 3 year entry level deal with the Sharks, and played in the AHL for those 3 seasons, for a total of 4 full years mostly played with the Sharks AHL team. So he bounced around between the 2 leagues for roughly 4 full seasons.

So add in a few AHL games in his 5th season, however most of that season was spent playing for the Sharks(45) and Wild(21). During that season the Sharks sent Kaapo Kahkonen and a 5th for him. Ok, I'll give you that 5th season =_)

He played full time for the Wild last season (79 games) and is also playing full time this year (44 of 45 games). That's pretty regular.

And this year he hasn't been a dime a dozen 7th rounder. He is easily playing 3rd/4th defense pairing minutes; only following Faber's 24+ mins per game and a combined two players (23+ mins, injuries, for a total of 43 games played between the two). He is though a -7; fourth worse on the team. But my guess is it's because he gets a lot more defensive zone starts than the others. He's a minute muncher to boot. He is playing 23+ mins a game, 4th most on the team. And again, he hits (opposing players) and stands up for his teammates. He's not afraid of contact. He'll duke it out when needed. Something sorely covered now, even with England.

Copied from Google/CBS Sports website: He's added 68 hits, 95 blocked shots and 39 PIM in a top-four role, providing some bite on the blue line for the Wild.

I, as a litfe long Kings fan (since around 1970), am crying over this spilled milk. This case is frustrating to me because he was a real find! And they just let him go. I know the Kings could of used him the last 3 seasons.

Thanks for your input earlier!

So...he showed so much promise in SJ, that they traded him for a bag of pucks....? I mean, I get it with some players, but this one? Took him 5-6 years to show anything and two teams gave up on him.....

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I think there's a difference between giving up on a player prematurely and a player figuring shit out when they're faced with losing their job.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
This is ugly.

Possible total points decline with each loss. Already can’t match last year.

Still a couple games in hand but they look cooked.

Who they trading away at the deadline?
The TDL will be late for team to salvage the season they have to make moves now...Lets see we need a top 4 D-man to replace Roy cause he's not it,a LWinger cause Kaliyev is a RWinger and maybe a goaltender but it seems Rittich has been pretty good since being called up even if the Kings haven't been...hello Chychrun how would you like to come to LA,Blake will give tonnes of cash and playing time while giving Ottawa Senators LA's first rounder in 2024,2025,2026! Please send Tarasenko and Kubalik,also...but you have to take "Lucien" Dublois and MRoy and a Partridge in a Pear tree...

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I don't know, i probably would have saved my timeout at the 1:57 mark to give my top guys a rest of there is a whistle with less than a minute.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
When everyone begs Todd to call a timeout.

e4834f1b-5bb7-46da-9b6e-dc55eff0f75a_text.gif

Reactions: Maynard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad