GDT: 2023-24 season game 40 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @12:00pm 1/15/24

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Had a brain fart and forgot the Kings were playing the Hurricanes...and what a surprise the Kings hammer the 'Canes 5-2 and Thousand Oaks darling Moore scores 2...his 20th into an empty net no less...The Kings clan must be happy or should be happy about this one and "Lucien Deblois" scores also with a helper...OMG the sky is caving in

Happy about breaking the losing streak. Not happy that TM lives to coach another day
Be Happy the Kings won

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
And everyone was worried for nothing. Knew all along they were gonna snap out of this L streak. Gonna enjoy the 1 game winning streak while it last until tomorrow. But in all seriousness it was good to see a W. It's been awhile it seems.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
As much as we all get on Jim and his yammering, he does truly love this team and org and wants the best for them.
I’ll say it — Jim Fox is great and a lot of people will only realize what they had when he does retire one day and someone tries to fill his shoes.

Reactions: Sausages

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Ive always had a problem following his content and simply understanding alot of what he is saying. There are ALOT worse hockey color guys but i'll take mickey redmond, joe micheletti or edzo olczyk anyday

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Ive always had a problem following his content and simply understanding alot of what he is saying. There are ALOT worse hockey color guys but i'll take mickey redmond, joe micheletti or edzo olczyk anyday

Listened to Mickey Redmond on Saturday.....that was painful.....

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
I’m glad PLD has gotten a couple goals, hopefully he can turn it on the second half of the season. Going 1/8 in the dot is rough. Team needs another center and move him to wing.

I don’t want Q to move to center yet, but if that’s is whats needed it can’t be that much worse than what’s already going on.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not going to involve myself in the conversation of whether we should keep losing so Todd and friends get canned or not, but what I WILL do is crack a drink and enjoy the Bally re-air of the game at 6pm because by god a Kings W! It's been too long. Long day and I'm going to enjoy it in the moment

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There’s a whole hell of a lot more that needs to happen from here on out. Sure, celebrate tonight. Less than 24 hours to prove the ugly win wasn’t a fluke. 10 games under .500 across the last stretch means you don’t get to f***in fist pump because the law of averages was finally kind to you.

That being said—use it for what it is. A possible slump buster. And the silver lining should be lessons learned weee going hard to the net can get you ugly goals no matter where the flow of play is going.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Can't believe they scheduled a back to back in Raleigh and Dallas, that is a pretty long flight for a b2b. But that's another reason why winning tonight was important, tomorrow is going to be very difficult.

I think those 4 home games between these two big road trips are going to tell us a lot about this team. If they can go 3-1 or 4-0 they can hopefully right it, something like 1-3 and then hitting the road again could put them into some really dangerous territory.

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Can't believe they scheduled a back to back in Raleigh and Dallas, that is a pretty long flight for a b2b. But that's another reason why winning tonight was important, tomorrow is going to be very difficult.

I think those 4 home games between these two big road trips are going to tell us a lot about this team. If they can go 3-1 or 4-0 they can hopefully right it, something like 1-3 and then hitting the road again could put them into some really dangerous territory.
Kings started in DC, then south Florida to freakin Detroit all the way back to North Carolina and next night to Dallas. Not complaining or anything just looking at this road trip and that's some crazy milage indeed.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
And the shitty road trip was counterbalanced by the pillowsoft home games with 5 day breaks but they found a way to shit the bed during those

That's why you need to bank the points when you have them, eventually you're going to get a crappy flight b2b vs. a true contender and it would be an ok 'scheduled loss' but in this case it's getting close to must-win territory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad