GDT: 2023-24 season game 28 LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @7:30pm 12/19/23

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
A friend of mine said they are pairing 3rd pair w Kopi line a lot more than before.. i looked for that but saw 8 and 44 with them at least half the time. If it is true it could mean TM is trying to shore up the overall team D... Both QB and Kempe havent gotten as many dangerous chances lately. I noticed Kempe looking to shoot more but he was getting off shots from the far boards or contested.. could just be a normal cycle lines go through but def something isnt the same.

I don't think there is a connect between 1-4 F lines and 1-3D I think they are just going via rotation, unless its after A PP/PK or near end of game stuff etc, which is good...imo.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I don't think there is a connect between 1-4 F lines and 1-3D I think they are just going via rotation, unless its after A PP/PK or near end of game stuff etc, which is good...imo.
It does seem unlikely and I never have bothered to look for that... Im going to watch that closer tonite. They have tightened things up since earlier in the season and brought down GF and GA quite a bit. So there is something going on - not sure what... the style they're playing now is def more playoff worthy.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
this chart confuses me. does this mean Movaerare is our second best player?

Think it is good nothing is negative for PLD
its just some stats for a single game that people post a lot after a game.. it usually aligns with the eye test but not always

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
If Rittich turns in a Scrivens-like performance for the Kings this season, take it and be happy.
He's got a bit of Robb Stauber in him. I like his fire and how aggressive he is when he plays the puck.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If Rittich turns in a Scrivens-like performance for the Kings this season, take it and be happy.

I didn't mean to sound un-enthusiastic because I was certainly happy with his performance and it goes a long way to feeling better re: talbot's workload

I'm just saying it feels like we've been spoiled with Quick so long that many Kings fans haven't been exposed to these guys that the league is littered with--1B dudes that can give you a high level of play for 20-40 games then turn into a f***ing bike tire

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't know the injury sustained so I don't have an idea how he will be coming back from injury, but there is one thing about him that an eye test, advanced stats, etc. can't deny him, which is The IT FACTOR! With Copley in net, this team doesn't lose a lot of games! In 43 game decisions with Copley in net, the Kings are 28-7-5! There is no way to measure that other than Copley has the IT FACTOR! It might be one of the strangest things in sports, but it exist.

Reactions: lumbergh

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I didn't mean to sound un-enthusiastic because I was certainly happy with his performance and it goes a long way to feeling better re: talbot's workload

I'm just saying it feels like we've been spoiled with Quick so long that many Kings fans haven't been exposed to these guys that the league is littered with--1B dudes that can give you a high level of play for 20-40 games then turn into a f***ing bike tire
I think you gave a fair assessment. Scrivens started out like a house on fire for the Kings and then faded.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Pleased with Kaliyev's development so far. He's slowly working himself into being a regular in the lineup. Currently ranked 7th on the team in points per 60 minutes in all situations and at even strength, so his production as a middle-six forward is right on. The +7 is 5th amongst Kings forwards. Also 5th in Goals For % and PDO at even strength.

That play he made on Kopitar's power play goal was assertive. Steals a loose puck and finds Kopi from the back of the net.

A big reason the Kings have moved themselves into contender status is the simultaneous development of three young players, Byfield, Kaliyev, and Spence, as regulars and big contributors.
I'm glad Kaliyev is getting noticed more. He's doing things this year that he just simply didn't seem capable of in his previous years. His skating is soooo much better. He's been carrying the puck out of his zone and through the neutral zone with really good speed and form. I've had to double check the number on his back because it didn't mesh with past Kaliyev. And, as you mentioned, his board work in the offensive zone is lightyears better. He's not just floating to open ice looking for a one-timer, he's creating turnovers. It just feels like he's really close to putting it all together and breaking out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad