GDT: 2023-24 season game 22 LA Kings vs Columbus Blue Jackets @4:00pm 12/5/23

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Ohio is the worst of the 34 states I have visited. I've only been to Columbus once and it was not a memorable experience. Cincinatti was worse from my memory. Second on my list of least favorite states is New Jersey.
Cincinnati during the recession was just as bad if not worse than Detroit. Everything seemed abandoned. Nearly a ghost town. Havent been back since though.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Looking forward to watching Fantilli.

Kekäläinen should be fired ASAP.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
As a James Thurber fan who worked on a book biography of his, it's sad to hear all that trashing of Columbus! :laugh: Well, he was essentially a New Yorker (no pun intended), anyway.

Reactions: The Pale King

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I've met at least 15 or so friends and co-workers who grew up in Ohio, namely Columbus and Dayton, but 100% of them left Ohio and would never go back for any amount of $ (unless to visit family).

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
standing in their seats plus 2 standing middle fingers

truly the best ovation
He looks over to the Columbus bench and all he sees is:

giphy.gif

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
... but at least if anyone wants to watch a top-notch Columbus-themed and sports-themed Hollywood comedy-drama, based on a James Thurber play, and starring the legends Henry Fonda and Olivia de Haviland, watch The Male Animal:

It's 81 years old (goodness!), but I think it shows convincingly even today why college football will always be the no. 1 priority for sports fans in Columbus, and why the Blue Jackets can always only aspire to be (at most) the no. 2 favorite local team over there.

(Also, it's astonishingly topical, centered around political correctness and cancel culture, even though those terms didn't even exist back in the 1940s.)

Last edited:

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Johnny Hockey having a rough go of it this year, arguably not even in the top-5 for players with a "John" variation as their first given name. I'd go:

1. John Tavares
2. John-Jason Peterka
3. Jonathan Quick
4. John Marino
5. John Carlsen
6. John Gibson
7. Johnny "Hockey" Gaudreau
8. Johnathan Kovacevic
9. John Beecher
10. John Klingberg
11. John Ludvig

It's a bit like me showing up to a hot-dog eating contest, eating 3 in a minute and vomiting into a planter, then trademarking the moniker "Bobby Hotdogs".

Sure, there were a couple guys who ate less hotdogs, but one of them was a child and the other one was John Klingberg.

Reactions: Bandit

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
We do owe the present intense application of the slashing penalty to johnny goodreau and his crying ass victim whining
So hes got that going for him

Reactions: tny760

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Johnny Hockey having a rough go of it this year, arguably not even in the top-5 for players with a "John" variation as their first given name. I'd go:

1. John Tavares
2. John-Jason Peterka
3. Jonathan Quick
4. John Marino
5. John Carlsen
6. John Gibson
8. Johnathan Kovacevic
9. John Beecher
10. John Klingberg
11. John Ludvig

It's a bit like me showing up to a hot-dog eating contest, eating 3 in a minute and vomiting into a planter, then trademarking the moniker "Bobby Hotdogs".

Sure, there were a couple guys who ate less hotdogs, but one of them was a child and the other one was John Klingberg.
Just another lollipop kid in a man’s league.

And f*** Ohio.

Reactions: chris kontos

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015

1. John Tavares
2. John-Jason Peterka
3. Jonathan Quick
4. John Marino
5. John Carlsen
6. John Gibson
8. Johnathan Kovacevic
9. John Beecher
10. John Klingberg
11. John Ludvig

Completely forgot that guy existed.

Reactions: The Pale King

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland