GDT: 2023-24 season game 18 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @12:30pm 11/24/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
i'm not really seeing that personally, he just looks more frustrated to me. hard to say what's causing what but i think it's a bit of a waste having him down there. grundstrom looks like a boat anchor on that PLD line so it's a move that neuters 2 lines imo. just seems a bit square-peggy to me
That's fair. Ultimately, I think the move was more about getting PLD going than Kaliyev. Which I'm getting increasingly concerned about - how many more wingers do you have to give your $8.5 million center before he gets going? Almost like, say, there were cheaper and better options.

I'm fine with Kaliyev getting more time away from the fourth line, but I'm going to pay attention to his intensity levels as he moves around the lineup.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Guess this team finally shook the playing down to opponents' level crap they perfected. Most of the time they just go out there against average teams and smack them around.

Best team in the conference right now. The only reason Vegas is ahead of them is they've won their shootouts.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
That's fair. Ultimately, I think the move was more about getting PLD going than Kaliyev. Which I'm getting increasingly concerned about - how many more wingers do you have to give your $8.5 million center before he gets going? Almost like, say, there were cheaper and better options.

I'm fine with Kaliyev getting more time away from the fourth line, but I'm going to pay attention to his intensity levels as he moves around the lineup.
I think PLD needs to do just one thing, and that's up his work rate. He looks like Kessel on the peleton out there a lot of the time. He's not keeping his feet moving.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

i'm gettin concerned too, he's pretty much run through the lot already.. you don't break up kopi's line for him. if this is the level of effort expected, then yeah, better be producing. that said, he's on a 24 goal, 43pt pace right now which is fine and all but yeah, for $8.5M maybe not so much. better be the clearcut #1 player on the ice in the playoffs.

Reactions: King'sPawn

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Spence has really come around and he's only going to get better...When he faced that 2 on1 he played it perfectly without hesitation and of course he's great as the PP2 QB!!!
What I love about the guy is that at every level he’d barely make the cut then continue to improve until he becomes a star at that level. His mindset is perfect and he’s going to keep getting better IMO.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
The scheduling the last couple years is absurd.

Glad they won but was looking forward to watching a game this evening. No games yesterday, noon game on a Friday? **** off.

Reactions: YAYSAY

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I think PLD needs to do just one thing, and that's up his work rate. He looks like Kessel on the peleton out there a lot of the time. He's not keeping his feet moving.
I noticed this too while I was at the game. Guy plays in bursts. He chases the puck then slows down, he battles on the boards then coasts. One thing I noticed though, at least in this game, while he is idle on the ice, his head is on a swivel.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Englund has been a huge surprise this year and an excellent pairing with Spence.
The Shepherd.

puzzles me they dont slot in Turcotte - similar motor to Lizotte, a natural center and is putting up points
I'm not that puzzled - they want him to get a significant amount of time in without an injury and build his confidence being a 1C. He will get his chance.

i'm gettin concerned too, he's pretty much run through the lot already.. you don't break up kopi's line for him. if this is the level of effort expected, then yeah, better be producing. that said, he's on a 24 goal, 43pt pace right now which is fine and all but yeah, for $8.5M maybe not so much. better be the clearcut #1 player on the ice in the playoffs.
He will start racking up points. Even if he's 50-60 pts this year it's not the end of the world. Can't believe he didn't score that goal today.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

bland

Jul 1, 2004
PLD will go on a heater at some point, but its the general disconnect from the game that has plagued his career. He is a player with a lot, almost too much to prove to be worth anywhere near his contract. You just shouldn't give guys with his motivational issues 8 year deals, especially before he ever sets foot in your organization.

5 years at $30 million, sure, but 8 at $68 mil?

Still think he is best used on the wing. Never found puck handling between the bluelines to be a strength of his game.

how do the ducks not wear those colors full time
I thought it was pretty cool to see the ol' eggplant again.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
PLD will go on a heater at some point, but its the general disconnect from the game that has plagued his career. He is a player with a lot, almost too much to prove to be worth anywhere near his contract. You just shouldn't give guys with his motivational issues 8 year deals, especially before he ever sets foot in your organization.

5 years at $30 million, sure, but 8 at $68 mil?

Still think he is best used on the wing. Never found puck handling between the bluelines to be a strength of his game.

I thought it was pretty cool to see the ol' eggplant again.
There are a lot of intangibles with a team/chemistry and all that. He will get sorted out. Seems like his teammates really like him and he's done pretty well overall in the playoffs. I'm not ready to cast him off the island just yet.

Told everyone about Englund this summer and no one listened….
I'm sure you were grinning ear to ear after that fight, JU :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad