GDT: 2023-24 season game 13 LA Kings vs Pittsburgh Penguins @7:30pm 11/9/23

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Craig Button just said on XM that Kings are built the right way. Several guys have said that today.

Craig Button is not known as a Kings fan

Interesting....
hard to ignore the kings record for sure .

Like others i worry this will be a let down game. Going into last night if I'm sure if all of us could only chose one game to win it would have been last night. Losing to an eastern opponent, on the second half of a back to back and the first game from a road trip won't bug me

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If the Kings win tonight they'll be sitting pretty. Tough part of the schedule over, 3pts behind Vegas with a game in hand.

This is our remaining schedule for November:
Flyers
Panthers
Blues
@coyotes
@Ducks
Canadiens
Capitals

Then we get to play the Sharks twice in December.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Reactions: Telos

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Carter has made some serious money in his career and he’s had a really good one with very little bad luck (playing in Ohio). He can be -10 today and I’ll still be happy for him. He’s hitting Mastros with the boys anyways.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Teams coming back from road trips don't usually have great first home games.
In this case, they were at home for 4 days after TO before doing this quick trip to Vegas...i do expect a bit of a letdown after beating the best team in the league tho and it being a back to back.

Reactions: fsanford

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Team is playing pretty well, now Blake just needs to convince Kassian to come out of retirement. We could really use those 2 goals and -18 in 51 games.

Reactions: Trash Panda

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Craig Button just said on XM that Kings are built the right way. Several guys have said that today.

Craig Button is not known as a Kings fan

Interesting....
Wrong, Craig.

Despite the winning, Kings were built the WRONG way. Everyone knows the rules...

Reactions: VILARGOD

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Still would be nice to see someone punch Malkin in his dumb f***ing face but alas.
He's gotta be my least favourite out-of-conference/division player of all time.

Malkin fans still crying about him being left off that dumb "Top 100" list like seven or eight years ago.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Hoping for a strong effort which is all you can really do back-to-back. It will be nice to see Carts again. I haven't watched the Pens much, but just a glance at their board shows that they don't like him very much at all anymore :laugh: King for life anyhow.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It wouldn't surprise me to see the Kings roar out to a big lead, followed by a Penguins comeback, then hang on for the win at the end.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It wouldn't surprise me to see the Kings roar out to a big lead, followed by a Penguins comeback, then hang on for the win at the end.
It seems like this year the Kings have generally been getting better as the game goes on.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It seems like this year the Kings have generally been getting better as the game goes on.
I think so too, but it wouldn't surprise me if they get gassed later in the game after last night then a flight.

The ice time was pretty spread, so that could help

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
This Penguins team has outscored its last two opponents 12-2. Granted one of those opponents was the Sharks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad