GDT: 2023-24 season game 11 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @4:30pm 11/4/23

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
If this is the version of QB we're going to get I think we should all be pretty happy. I think his style of game could be a real x factor in the playoffs if he can maintain his health and confidence into spring.

What to do with the goalies.... Nobody seems super confident that Talbot can take on a big load of games and stay fresh for the playoffs but when he's putting out games like this it's tough to not give him the majority of starts.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
tell me how you did that
1699163013581.gif

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
It's nice getting to play AGAINST Cal for a change.

QB putting together full games now and starting to really impact the game. He's doing much differently than before, it's just now it's not in spurts...consistently now impacting the game. Confidence seems so much higher now. It's now resulting in points. Eventually the goals/snipes will come (maybe not for another 1-2+ season). If/when that happens, it's a whole different level. I can't wait.

Talbot has been great. But it's the same concern as off-season.....can he make it thru the season and throughout the playoffs. If so, we're good to go there. If not, we're toast as is goalie wise.

PLD is quite a boring expensive acquisition so far. It's early though. His size and presence has helped depth wise. Ultimately, what he does in the playoffs will matter. Invisible and we got a problem -- hopefully he shows up and is truly impactful when it matters.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
While I think PLD could be doing A LOT more than he is, other teams still have to respect his skill (along with Fiala and Laf), so they have another line they need to worry about. With the way the 4th line has been playing, they can roll 4 lines without really having to worry about matchups (for the most part). Also, it's good to see Tmac finally spreading out the ice time.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
While I think PLD could be doing A LOT more than he is, other teams still have to respect his skill (along with Fiala and Laf), so they have another line they need to worry about. With the way the 4th line has been playing, they can roll 4 lines without really having to worry about matchups (for the most part). Also, it's good to see Tmac finally spreading out the ice time.

Exactly, I think many gloss over his impact while not being overly noticeable. He gives me Frolov vibes where he looks lazy and in the background, but he is doing a bit for his teammates and when he is active he is really active. He straight-up is the reason he Kings are scoring at such a high spread and rolling all four lines. If the other team eases up even a little, I guarantee that Fiala and PLD will start burying them in the back of the net.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
If the trade deadline was today what would we even be looking to acquire?

A back-up goalie and a better #7D over BJ?

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
If the trade deadline was today what would we even be looking to acquire?

A back-up goalie and a better #7D over BJ?
Zero wiggle room on salary for a deadline acquisition, outside of the LTIR relief for Arvidsson grenading his back again.

The shopping list starts and ends with a goaltender at this point, though.

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
love how it's just unlimited free cheapshots when the hands in the air
Went to the Blackhawks-NJ game last night. While on a delayed penalty, a non-offending Devils player blatantly grabbed and dragged Connor Bedard (I call him Jesus Bedard) down from behind. I told my wife they NEVER call the second penalty once there’s a delayed call…told her you could murder a guy and it wouldn’t be two men down for 2 min. More idiotic NHL unwritten rules.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Something is off with the Fiala line though. I love Laffy, but maybe give Turcotte or even Hodgson a shot (against tougher teams)?
I'll tell you what's wrong with the Fiala line: Fiala 3.5% shooting percentage. That and PLD producing at a 45 point pace (the same pace Blake Lizotte is on currently).

With Fiala - He's a consistent 20+ goal scorer and a VERY skilled forward. He's getting chances and hitting a lot of posts / getting robbed quite a bit. The goals will come. That alone will increase the productivity of that line pretty significantly.

With PLD - There's more concern IMO but I believe he'll get it going.

Laferriere is not the problem on that line. In fact, there's been quite a few nights where he's been the best player on that line in terms of 5 on 5 play. Also, Hodgson?????? Come on now.... The guy is barely an AHL player let alone an NHL player. Loved the hit on Stone but let's be serious.

Ultimately though in general, just keep it rolling. This team is consistently dominating opponents and scoring more than nearly every other team in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad