GDT: 2023-24 season game 11 LA Kings vs Philadelphia Flyers @4:30pm 11/4/23

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Laf is the one thing not off with that line, and Hodgson isn't an NHL player
Agreed, and as much as I'd love to find a way to get Fiala and Dubois going (even though Fiala leads the team in points scored...), every other line is playing out of their minds.

I would be interested in seeing what Byfield can do at center though. Not saying we should make these moves now, but I'd like to see it some day if lines stop working:

Dubois - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Laferriere
Moore - Danault - Kaliyev
Grundstrom (or Turcotte?) - Lizotte - Lewis

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
PLD and Fiala just don't mesh. They almost never enter the zone together. Most of the passes PLD sends to Fiala bounce off his stick. PLD thrives on controlled play, while Fiala thrives on chaotic play. It's why he looks good with Lizzo, it's like releasing the hounds.

They might eventually get it, it's not going to hurt to wait a while. At least they aren't terrible, they were the 2nd best line tonight - but they just don't finish. They aren't giving up a lot of high danger chances and they always create a good amount of those. Fiala should have finished his breakaway, and Kopitar missed an easy tap in from Dubois, so they are a little snakebit as well.

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Sponsor
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
Agreed, and as much as I'd love to find a way to get Fiala and Dubois going (even though Fiala leads the team in points scored...), every other line is playing out of their minds.

Kaliyev, Dubois, Fiala were clicking during the preseason. Just switch Kaliyev and Laferriere. Laferriere is a right shot like Arvy and should mesh with PD an TM. He has similar energy as Arvy. Laffy just doesn't have the finish that Kaliyev has yet.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Kaliyev, Dubois, Fiala were clicking during the preseason. Just switch Kaliyev and Laferriere. Laferriere is a right shot like Arvy and should mesh with PD an TM. He has similar energy as Arvy. Laffy just doesn't have the finish that Kaliyev has yet.
And it's just someone else moving at a different speed on that line, they are never moving as a unit. Kaliyev is the type of player that PLD plays well with, Arty just gets open and plays at a similar tempo. Having one guy faster than the others isn't a problem, but three playing at different speeds is.

Reactions: Nickster

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Sponsor
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
Anybody else think Faust would have been highlighting the first shutout for Cam as a King during the third period? He has a nice voice.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Eye test was QB outstanding, Dubois mid

1699155339379.png

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
And it's just someone else moving at a different speed on that line, they are never moving as a unit. Kaliyev is the type of player that PLD plays well with, Arty just gets open and plays at a similar tempo. Having one guy faster than the others isn't a problem, but three playing at different speeds is.
Can we give PLD back to WPG? (jk) Fiala is a unicorn.. he needs the puck and doesnt need another play maker on his line.. he could make anyone in the bottom 6 get 20 goals... I think Kaliyev would be good for him since he draws opponents to him in the O-zone and Kaliyev could hide out near the dot and do one timers

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I just want to see PLD play a simpler game. Get a little more north/south. Have more of a grind mentality.

I don't think the lines need to be scrambled, but if one change was to be made, I would swap Fiala and Moore.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2