Confirmed with Link: 2023-24 Sabres schedule is out

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Little Ceasar's is a nice arena but the sightlines are much better at KeyBank. It all depends on what means more - how nice it is, or how good is it to watch the game?

Of course, I'm not a season ticket holder in Buffalo, but I would be good if they just put a bunch of money into refurbishing instead of building a brand-new one.
Yeah sightlin3s are definitely important but my God KBA is such a blight on the outside.. outdated and ugly

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Sounds like we should do an HFboards meetup!

I have only been there for one Sabres win out of like...15?

Usually it's just an awesome time tailgating before and then a shitty time leaving. My dad is a totally gentle person and some Caniac lady just started screaming in his face and she got shutdown pretty quick by other Canes fans. IDK if I can get him to go back after that but I'll toss down some Red Oak drafts by myself.
Last game I sat down with the wife and told the 60+ year old people next to us how we aren't rowdy Sabres fans. Then once Carolina cinched the game in the 3rd and the guy had 3-4 beers, he starts trash talking me like a 20 yr old. Imagine a guy 20 yrs younger having to tell a 60 some yr old guy to be mature...

Reactions: buffalowing88

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Last game I sat down with the wife and told the 60+ year old people next to us how we aren't rowdy Sabres fans. Then once Carolina cinched the game in the 3rd and the guy had 3-4 beers, he starts trash talking me like a 20 yr old. Imagine a guy 20 yrs younger having to tell a 60 some yr old guy to be mature...

That's crappy. I don't see that behavior too often when I'm there these days but that should be addressed.

On the other hand, as a Bills fan who moved to Carolina at a young age, going back to games at the Ralph normally ended in my teenage self and my dad being pelted by beers after the games because we had a license plate that they thought was wrong.

Moral of the story, bad fans exist everywhere. But we should all be better and try to set an example. Hope you guys come out to a game again!

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
That's crappy. I don't see that behavior too often when I'm there these days but that should be addressed.

On the other hand, as a Bills fan who moved to Carolina at a young age, going back to games at the Ralph normally ended in my teenage self and my dad being pelted by beers after the games because we had a license plate that they thought was wrong.

Moral of the story, bad fans exist everywhere. But we should all be better and try to set an example. Hope you guys come out to a game again!
Oh it was definitely small potatoes compared to other things I've seen, I was just surprised that of all the scenarios, I even got crap from 60-70 yr olds.

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
are these Monday holiday matinee games some sort of attraction to somebody I have never heard of? Those are a waste of home games. I need to work on those holidays. The atmosphere at those games is non-existent.

Also, matinee games in general are garbage and dont understand the Sabres' obsession with hosting them. This is Buffalo, where the Sabres are the main (only attraction) on Saturday nights in the winter. Boston, NYC, they can do matinee games because there are millions of people and hundreds of options Saturday nights.

Reactions: beerme1

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Yep, bad behavior knows no regional exemptions. I had a beer bottle hurled within inches of my head after a Bills' win back in the '80's despite wearing my Bills' toque and giant Bills' logo'd sweatshirt. But as the guy hurling said bottle said - I looked like a Cowboys fan (my winter jacket on over the sweatshirt but unzipped had some grey in it... go figure). I've also been asked to step outside because I was using an umbrella at a pre-season game by some guy who didn't like that I had an umbrella. I've set foot in the stadium for a game once since then. Considering I went to almost every game from '78-'86 and then a bunch up through '94 and have only been to part of one since... *shrug* Bad behavior.

are these Monday holiday matinee games some sort of attraction to somebody I have never heard of? Those are a waste of home games. I need to work on those holidays. The atmosphere at those games is non-existent.

Also, matinee games in general are garbage and dont understand the Sabres' obsession with hosting them. This is Buffalo, where the Sabres are the main (only attraction) on Saturday nights in the winter. Boston, NYC, they can do matinee games because there are millions of people and hundreds of options Saturday nights.

Probably hoping to get the kids in for games since they are off on those holidays.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
National TV schedules are out:

ESPN/ABC/ESPN+:

10/17 vs Tampa (ESPN)
12/5 vs Detroit (ESPN+/Hulu)
2/10 vs St Louis (ABC)
2/27 @ Florida (ESPN+/Hulu)
3/2 vs Vegas (ESPN+/Hulu)
3/9 vs Edmonton (ESPN+/Hulu)
3/14 vs NY Islanders (ESPN+/Hulu)
3/30 vs Toronto (ESPN+/Hulu)

TNT:

11/1 @ Philadelphia (NOTE: Will be on MSG in Buffalo TV market)
11/24 vs Pittsburgh
12/13 @ Colorado
12/27 vs Boston
1/17 vs Chicago (NOTE: Will be on MSG in Buffalo TV market)
3/6 @ Toronto
4/7 @ Detroit

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
National TV schedules are out:

ESPN/ABC/ESPN+:

10/17 vs Tampa (ESPN)
12/5 vs Detroit (ESPN+/Hulu)
2/10 vs St Louis (ABC)
2/27 @ Florida (ESPN+/Hulu)
3/2 vs Vegas (ESPN+/Hulu)
3/9 vs Edmonton (ESPN+/Hulu)
3/14 vs NY Islanders (ESPN+/Hulu)
3/30 vs Toronto (ESPN+/Hulu)

TNT:

11/1 @ Philadelphia (NOTE: Will be on MSG in Buffalo TV market)
11/24 vs Pittsburgh
12/13 @ Colorado
12/27 vs Boston
1/17 vs Chicago (NOTE: Will be on MSG in Buffalo TV market)
3/6 @ Toronto
4/7 @ Detroit
Tampa game is great opportunity to 'serve notice '.

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20230830_181725_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: jd1970

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I guess the 4 canadian teams dont have one since this is just technically US national broadcast

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The thing that stands out like a sore thumb is Edmonton, the freaking Canadian Edmonton Oilers, with the most national games broadcast in the US. Some Canadian teams have zero games so it seems clear to me a decision was made to improve the visibility of McDavid and Draisaitl. It probably helps that they can be the late game of a double header so the number of eyes are less than a 7pm or 8pm start however at least they are being given an opportunity.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Hopefully I can keep myself from watching more than 13 games this year. 69 games that starts from 1 am onward :help:

Pretty ironic if I finish my insomnia/sleep cbt just in time for the season to start. Waste of money there...
same time zone, watched all 82 games, even the 4am ones, cant do that anymore.

Reactions: HaNotsri

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
same time zone, watched all 82 games, even the 4am ones, cant do that anymore.
Yeah, I've considered going to the states and work from there if they ever make the playoffs. My so is very understanding.

Worst thing is that my body has an internal alarm for Sabres games so I keep waking up in the middle of the night when they play.

Reactions: debaser66

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

15 AGH games!

Back in Black and Red
Saturday, Oct. 21 vs. New York Islanders (7 p.m.)​

Black and red is back - and better than ever. The Sabres will make their first of 15 appearances in their black and red third jerseys against the Islanders on Oct. 21. The experience will be sure to leave you feeling evil.

Reactions: LaxSabre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad