Chicagoland
Best hockey game ever made.

R.c36b5c967986ef0a3dc1bc9221a4ddd0

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Injury updates: Zaitsev skating on his own, expected back soon.

Murphy still battling a lower body injury no return date as of yet.

Anthanasiou also skating on his own and full participant in practice no timetable for return yet.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
The best part of NHL 94 and the old NHL games was the player ratings. Roenick was like an 88 and Stu Grimson was in the 30's. Belfour was like fifty points better than Waite haha.
Meanwhile now you have any 4th liner/AHL tweener is a high 70s low 80s basically, with a stupid amount of players rated between 86-88.

The gap between top players and 4th liners is like 20 whole overall levels now which is dumb as hell by EA

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I mean he isn't most of the time

Reality is he is overpaid and you cant tell playing on this mess is effecting him like most players. There is also no structure/coaching so that adds to it

Ideally Hawks continue to see more Vlasic's on blueline in coming years to lesson the weight on Jones and hopefully provide him consistent help

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I'm pretty convinced now that the only reason SJ is not thought of as an elite defenseman is because he's been stuck on terrible teams since Panarin et al left Columbus.

That affects his analytics.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm pretty convinced now that the only reason SJ is not thought of as an elite defenseman is because he's been stuck on terrible teams since Panarin et al left Columbus.

That affects his analytics.
He's a solid D on most most nights. His offense and offensive IQ are an absolute dumpster fire, though, which is what most people complain about. He was supposed to be someone who can provide offense from the back-end, and he hasn't been that really.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
He's a solid D on most most nights. His offense and offensive IQ are an absolute dumpster fire, though, which is what most people complain about. He was supposed to be someone who can provide offense from the back-end, and he hasn't been that really.
He put up 51 pts in his first year with the Hawks, the same argument that holds for Korchinski holds for him. If your forwards suck your defensemen don't put up points.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He put up 51 pts in his first year with the Hawks, the same argument that holds for Korchinski holds for him. If your forwards suck your defensemen don't put up points.

That's fair. It's just obvious, though, that his offensive instincts are kinda shit. We see it game in and game out. It's possible a lot of it is him compensating for shitty forwards, but he still makes a lot of braindead plays offensively, and he's not near the level we expected. He's playing more like a middle pairing D than a top pairing D on his best nights. Except he's paid like a top pairing D, and he's now 29, and will be 30 in October at the start of next season. Nothing we can do about him, anyways, as he's probably not moveable at this point. Which is why I don't complain about him all that much.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I've found Jones to be pretty good this year. Just lacking in point production but lack of forwards play a big role in that. But I get pelted with stones anytime I express Pro-Jones heresy.

Jones has been fine. He's not the reason the team is where it is. He's overpaid by a mil but cap space is not an issue with us.

The team has 1 top 6 forward...of course his point totals are going to be low.

Every team has a whipping boy. It's usually the highest paid player or someone who is overpaid. Jone's is overpaid but he is not mailing it in like PLD.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's not great at offense, and he's above average defensively. Not sure why anyone would think he even deseserves to be mentioned among the elites of dmen.

Reactions: Pez68

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I honestly can see Seth become a Ryan McDonough-like defensive dman later in his career as this team gets better. On this team, he tries to do too much a lot of the time. If/when he can slot in more as a defense-first dman without pressure to produce offensively I think he will thrive.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
He seems to fumble the puck an awful lot....like he's just not concentrating enough.....would like to see a little more creativity to his game too.....seems insanely predictable.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Here’s a list if forwards who have or on pace for 20 points this year. Bedard, Foligno, Dickinson, Kurashev, TyJo, Donato. That’s it.

Barring injuries, it’s totally unacceptable for an NHL player to not be able to put up 20 points. Davidson needs to enter the offseason with this attitude in mind, and flush all the losers who can’t manage that.

And if for whatever reason you desperately need to keep any of the losers who can’t accomplish that, you don’t qualify them, and you tell them it’s either minimum league deals or you can rot in some other teams minor league affiliate. I’m sick of watching guys who couldn’t produce in beer leaguers.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Here’s a list if forwards who have or on pace for 20 points this year. Bedard, Foligno, Dickinson, Kurashev, TyJo, Donato. That’s it.

Barring injuries, it’s totally unacceptable for an NHL player to not be able to put up 20 points. Davidson needs to enter the offseason with this attitude in mind, and flush all the losers who can’t manage that.

And if for whatever reason you desperately need to keep any of the losers who can’t accomplish that, you don’t qualify them, and you tell them it’s either minimum league deals or you can rot in some other teams minor league affiliate. I’m sick of watching guys who couldn’t produce in beer leaguers.
Bad NHL talent would demolish beer leagues. I played a game with Danny Richmond. He was Wayne f***ing Gretzky. Reese Johnson sucks. He'd carve up guys at Johnny's.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Bad NHL talent would demolish beer leagues. I played a game with Danny Richmond. He was Wayne f***ing Gretzky. Reese Johnson sucks. He'd carve up guys at Johnny's.
Reese Johnson is closer to Connor McDavid than [you] (not literally, you, the royal you) are to Reese Johnson.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Wonder if Katchouk has some sort of injury. Scratched 4 games in a row, which is outside of the usual cadence. Wore a non-contact jersey the other day. I don't believe an absolute ghost of a horribly called hooking penalty explains it.

3 games in 4 days Saturday, Monday, Tuesday will probably tell a story there.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
i made this point earlier in the thread actually. i meant to circle back around to it.

if you bet on the hawks this year having fewer 20 point scorers than either the 2013-14 or 2014-15 sabres, looks like you’re eating good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad