Proposal: 2023-24 Roster Talk 2

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
A clean slate eh? OK, since I can't remember what I put in the last one - I'll start this one with this:

Hall-Bedard-Raddysh
Athanasiou-Reichel-Kurashev
Danato-Guttman-T.Johnson
Foligno-Dickenson-Perry
Entwistle

Korchinski-Jones
Kaiser-Murphy
Vlassic-Zaitsev
Tinordi

Mrazec
Soderblom

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Reichel-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Athanasiou-Raddysh
Foligno-Johnson-Perry
Donato-Dickenson-Guttman

D gets harder

You've got 5 lefties and 2 righties. Kaiser makes it and plays RD. Not sure how they pair it.

Soderblom
Pete Mrazek

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
A clean slate eh? OK, since I can't remember what I put in the last one - I'll start this one with this:

Hall-Bedard-Raddysh
Athanasiou-Reichel-Kurashev
Danato-Guttman-T.Johnson
Foligno-Dickenson-Perry
Entwistle

Korchinski-Jones
Kaiser-Murphy
Vlassic-Zaitsev
Tinordi

Mrazec
Soderblom
Vlasic over Phillips? Be serious

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I’ll take a stab at this:

Hall-Bedard-Johnson
Reichel-Kurashev-Athanasiou
Donato-Dickinson-Raddysh
Foligno-Guttman-Perry

Vlasic-Jones
Phillips-Murphy
Kaiser-Zaitsev

Mrazek
Soderblom

Kind of a combination of what I want and what I think will actually happen

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Do you guys think we will actually start 3 rookie LDs at the same time?

I have a hard time seeing it, I think you need Tinordi for if anyone gets tired or needs benching. Two is fine, but you need a shelter option.

And another thing I want to bring up is Katchouk. I see most everyone excluding him but the way he ended the season, I think that's actually a third line (at least on this team). We need to see what's there this year with him, so I hope he kept his form.

My expected lines:

Hall - Bedard - Raddysh
Reichel - Kurashev - Athanasiou
Katchouk - Johnson - Donato
Foligno - Dickinson - Perry
Blackwell (Guttman to start in Rock)

Kaiser - Jones
Tinordi - Murphy
Korchinski (Phillips) - Zaitsev
Roos

Mrazek
Soderblom

Reactions: d rake

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Do you guys think we will actually start 3 rookie LDs at the same time?

I hope so. There are 4 rookie d-men that should get games this season - I'd love to see a 4-man rotation for the 3 LD spots.

Besides - since winning games this season isn't as important as getting the young guys NHL game experience - why not?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Vlasic over Phillips? Be serious

I think Korchinski, Kaiser and Allan are all better than Vlassic and Philipps, and since Allan is going to be learning how to play RD I think it's better that he play in Rockford.

If I had to choose between Vlassic and Phillips - I'd flip a coin which is virtually what I did when I put Vlassic in the lineup. I think both probably make a career as NHL d-men but I don't have top-4 expectations for either of them. I hope I'm underrating them and they prove me wrong.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Reichel-Bedard-Kurashev
Hall-Athanasiou-Raddysh
Foligno-Johnson-Perry
Donato-Dickenson-Guttman

D gets harder

You've got 5 lefties and 2 righties. Kaiser makes it and plays RD. Not sure how they pair it.

Soderblom
Pete Mrazek
There’s no way Hall isn’t stapled to Bedard.

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yea you can't put Reichel and Bedard on the same line YET. On the 1st powerplay? Absolutely, but not on 5 v 5. Reichel himself is still developing and him basically deferring to Bedard all game will hinder his development. Let the kid carry his own line THEN you can put those two together down the road.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
no way kurashev is on the top line, imo they want somebody physical. I think there is chance we even send him down if we pick up anymore forwards. no one is claiming him at that salary and im sure if he did get claimed KD would be happy to get out of that contract. that is why RFA's with ARB rights have very little value. donato AVG 15 goals a game and got $2 mil kurashev avg 7.5 and got 2.25.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
daliwal who I think is a Vancouver reporter said yesterday that the canucks are aggressively trying to make a trade. if the move meyers out the can start the year not LTIR and then put poolman on after the season starts. my guess is that is what he is trying to do. or some hybrid of that.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Myers and a 27’ 2rd pick to the hawks for Mike Hardman
murphy for myers, tanner pearson and 2024 1st. they upgrade RD and get under the cap. probably top 14 protected or something like that. I just dont see how murph fits our window. he also is slow and is only going to slow down the next 3 years.

assuming we keep adding draft capital we really need to focus on what ever we can do to get 1sts even if its slightly a over pay. over the next 3 drafts we have 5 1sts, 8 2nds 4 3rds and 4 4ths. in our prospect pool I think we have a min of 20 guys that project as NHL players and another 5 or so that May. we are going to run out of roster spots and contracts slots.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
murphy for myers, tanner pearson and 2024 1st. they upgrade RD and get under the cap. probably top 14 protected or something like that. I just dont see how murph fits our window. he also is slow and is only going to slow down the next 3 years.
Still a leader on the team. Whatever that means to everyone. Also a partial no trade clause.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014

I dont agree with all his ratings but in any pool when a 6-5 19 year old RD that skates well is 24 it is keeping deep. I think he has DACH, Hayes to high, Gajan, Rinsel, kantersov, savoie to low.

Reactions: hawksrule

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Still a leader on the team. Whatever that means to everyone. Also a partial no trade clause.
you brought in perry, foligno, Hall this year. I think when you add mzark and tyler Johnson to that list that is enough VET presence IMO. he does have a 10 team NTC. bedard is going to get the C next year, Jones will keep the A.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
you brought in perry, foligno, Hall this year. I think when you add mzark and tyler Johnson to that list that is enough VET presence IMO. he does have a 10 team NTC. bedard is going to get the C next year, Jones will keep the A.
I understand that. Just saying they like him as a leader. Doesn’t mean they won’t trade him though.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Unless they trade Zaitsev the questiion is who else can play 3RD best?

Vlasic Phillips and Ross all shooters Left..

Kaiser it seems can play RD best due to his skatibg and agility...but he may earn 1LD to play with Jones since he probably has capacity to play large minutes to match Jones in big ice time..

So if Zaitsev is 7th D on the bench then:

Kaiser Jones
Tinordi Murphy
Vkasic and Ross or Phillips as RD...the Kaiser of Roos /Phillips is sent to Rockford
And Zaitsev is 7th D on the bench..

Allen and Del Mastro and Crevier in Rockford..

They will send Korchinski back to juniors ...If he was to make The Showvthen he has to be better than Kaiser to play 1D with Jones
...Right now I zsill think he needs more development on his defensive game...

Next season he could replace Tinordi with the Murphy pairing as a 2nd pair dman.

Del Mastro can play RD as he sonetines did in juniors...so after a year iRockford he may be a 3RD with the Hawks until they trade Murphy in whiccase he then may be a 2 RD. With Korchinski as 2LD then(next season).

Murphy must show a better performance than last season ...else he gone by TDL ..But for now he starts as 2RD....but he is a big MEH..unless he shows me a lit better than the pylon of last seadonto be fair he was probably never fully healthy ladt season).

Zaitsev sits as 7th D but they may trade him by mid-season if a mother team runs into dman injuries and gets desperate .At least that us a hope they can trade hom.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Myers Vancouver is RD. they also had kaiser play some RD.

I understand that. Just saying they like him as a leader. Doesn’t mean they won’t trade him though.
I think he is a better leader then he is a player (I think he is a bottom pairing on a good team) and would like to get some return on him before he slows down anymore or gets hurt.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'll continue on with @kmwtrucks post about Joseph.

So it sounds like OTT wants to move, Joseph who has 3 years left on his deal. at 2.95 AAV what do you think KD asks is. sounds like a good PK and plays with speed but not much OFF ability. a 2nd? how about OTT 1st and then we give back OTT 3rd in 2024 and there 4th in 2026. they would probably want some protection. maybe top 16? in 2024 and top10 in 2025

I noticed @Hattrick Kane mentioned Pinto. I like Pinto alot but I highly doubt Ottawa would part with a current NHL player. I would love a pick added from them even if it's a future 1st in 2026 or something (Davidson has a plan in that regard with futures) or if that's too much, a 2nd in 2024 which should be pretty high.

I personally would take a chance on Tyler Boucher. He was drafted too high as the #10 overall pick in 2021 (we know all too well with the Allan pick and you can argue the C. Dach pick as well, although they both look like they will be solid NHL'ers in the future) and he's had alot of injuries already stunting his development because of how he plays, but that kid is a power forward throwback. Literally hits EVERYTHING that moves like a mac truck and is a solid skater with good hands. Davidson wants to have this team be hard to play against... this kid does that in spades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad