Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Not sure how much value he has but I think Merkulov is the best chip we could use this TDL…unfortunately he’s just blocked here and we don’t have the luxury to use any picks

He’s an AHL all star and one of the leaders in points…could be a good opportunity to ‘sell high’ I think it’s gunna a tough road for him here with Poitras getting every opportunity to develop as a middle six center and Beecher will be back up at 4C eventually

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Whatever you think, I know Crouse would probably not get traded but he is a legitimate power forward who can take care of business when need be. Someone to keep the likes of Matt Tkachuk and Sam Benett in line.
Crouse has 2 fights this year. One last year. He has 15 since 2018-19.

Frederic has 5 fights this year. 8 last year. He has 34 since 2018-19.

Frederic is the guy everyone thinks Lawson Crouse is.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Crouse has 2 fights this year. One last year. He has 15 since 2018-19.

Frederic has 5 fights this year. 8 last year. He has 34 since 2018-19.

Frederic is the guy everyone thinks Lawson Crouse is.
Well you can keep Frederick if you want but his fighting skills are subpar and why did he not look after the two Panthers last playoffs. It is not just the amount of fights it is the respect others give due to your size and reputation. In my opinion Crouse is more of a power forward any day.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Well you can keep Frederick if you want but his fighting skills are subpar and why did he not look after the two Panthers last playoffs. It is not just the amount of fights it is the respect others give due to your size and reputation. In my opinion Crouse is more of a power forward any day.
I think you would be surprised at what Freddy's value and opinion is around the League

I like Crouse but you are foolish to think Freddy is all about fighting.

Reactions: HustleB

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I think you would be surprised at what Freddy's value and opinion is around the League

I like Crouse but you are foolish to think Freddy is all about fighting.
Well look at Crouse and he is not all about fighting but he is a presence. His stats are as good as Frederick's and he plays on a much less talented team.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Well look at Crouse and he is not all about fighting but he is a presence. His stats are as good as Frederick's and he plays on a much less talented team.
Crouse also gets over 3 more minutes a game, plus power play time. Yet has the same number of hits and his production is about equal. I think if Freddy got 3 more minutes a game and PP time the numbers would look a lot different.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Giving up DeBrusk, Merkulov, Lohrei, and Gryz for a future UFA who the whole league seems to believe wants to sign in Boston in the offseason seems insane to me. Calgary has very little leverage, and Hanifin does have a modified NTC

I hate Toffoli so trading Ullmark for him is definitely vomit inducing; although at least he'd be gone in the offseason.

I feel your pain. That proposal wasn't so much to make fans happy...but rather illustrate the potential shitstorm that would ensue if the Bruins really decided to go after Hanifin this season. In order to get Hanifin, you need to acquire a 2024 1st...most likely by moving Debrusk (or possibly Ullmark). If it's Debrusk, then you have a new hole in the top 6...and have to go after a winger, hence the move for Toffoli.

I disagree about CGY's lack of leverage though. There will be suitors for Hanifin and that alone will drive the price through the roof.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I feel your pain. That proposal wasn't so much to make fans happy...but rather illustrate the potential shitstorm that would ensue if the Bruins really decided to go after Hanifin this season. In order to get Hanifin, you need to acquire a 2024 1st...most likely by moving Debrusk (or possibly Ullmark). If it's Debrusk, then you have a new hole in the top 6...and have to go after a winger, hence the move for Toffoli.

I disagree about CGY's lack of leverage though. There will be suitors for Hanifin and that alone will drive the price through the roof.

But Hanifin has leverage in a modified NTC. Depending on when he has to name the teams he could largely put the screws on Calgary and basically say I wont go to the 8 teams most likely to want him

Reactions: Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I think they resign Debrusk and get a tough hombre for the 4th by swapping out someone like Steen.

And I think that's it. They go to war with that. It's all house money anyway. We were supposed to rebuild and struggle this year, and we didn't. The core is pretty young now.

So I expect they think they can put a BETTER team on the ice next year, and this year they get to battle test what they could. I'd expect one very good UFA July 1.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Crouse also gets over 3 more minutes a game, plus power play time. Yet has the same number of hits and his production is about equal. I think if Freddy got 3 more minutes a game and PP time the numbers would look a lot different.
Well look at it this way his numbers should look much different as he plays with more talented players and added ice time should improve his stats. We do need someone to look after those dirty players who take advantage of our top players. Crouse with his size and determination would fill this role quite well.

Freddy should fill the role and not just yap a lot with no action when dealing with teams like the Panthers.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Does he get PP time? The point is we have Freddy, need D and a shut down center

Well look at it this way his numbers should look much different as he plays with more talented players and added ice time should improve his stats. We do need someone to look after those dirty players who take advantage of our top players. Crouse with his size and determination would fill this role quite well.

Freddy should fill the role and not just yap a lot with no action when dealing with teams like the Panthers.
You think Crouse doesn't yap? come on now. Maybe he should drop them more often because I can tell you he "YAPS" a ton.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Does he get PP time? The point is we have Freddy, need D and a shut down center

You think Crouse doesn't yap? come on now. Maybe he should drop them more often because I can tell you he "YAPS" a ton.
Crouse does not have to protect a lot but the Bruins are always having their stars attacked in the playoffs. I seen Crouse play as a junior and people gave him respect which I do not see in Frederick's case. Frederick has to be an enforcer when he is the only one on the team to fill the role.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

Between this season and last season, Freddy has 9 more fights then Crouse does. But he's the one that yaps with no action, and Crouse keeps people accountable. OK, sure.

Reactions: CDJ

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Crouse does not have to protect a lot but the Bruins are always having their stars attacked in the playoffs. I seen Crouse play as a junior and people gave him respect which I do not see in Frederick's case. Frederick has to be an enforcer when he is the only one on the team to fill the role.
Ok you win

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Crouse is not the player he was in Junior. I am not saying he is not physical, but he is and has been a second line wing for a few years now. You are not trading for him to turn back into an enforcer.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Do you know for a fact that Crouse does this over in Arizona? I think you're having a grass is greener on the other side moment.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Nico Sturm would be a solid under the radar acquisition.

Yeah he's the guy I came with weeks ago on the perfect fit front for FO help. With prices right now it's hard to say what he'd cost. Anyone want to hazard a guess? It'a a spot where I think if we can pay them to retain 50%, we try.

That's probably Steen, a decent prospect and a late pick?

Pass on Sturm, 3 goals in 32 games, plays a very soft game. I would rather give Merky or Lysell a chance to play.
They wouldn't be bringing in Sturm to fill the net...

Reactions: kdog82

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Please continue here:

IMG_1087.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events