Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Proven innocent?

Absolutely false. No. Not even close.
If you are charged in the criminal court and then released what do you call that? Not guilty? Innocent of the crimes you've been charged with? We're talking semantics here. Free to go? What suffices for you?

I hope the mods come in and say "No more Lucic talk" because he's a free man, no one here was there the night in question and we should leave him and his family be.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I just dont see how management allows him to continue his career in Boston. Even if the players all love him- Is management going to stick their neck out for a controversial player especially after the MM situation? And a player that is potentially playing his last year?

I think its safe to say there would be far more people with the view of-

"I CANT BELIEVE THEY'RE (the Bruins) KEEPING THIS GUY!!"

as opposed to-

"I CANT BELIEVE THEY (the Bruins) QUIT ON A GUY WHO JUST LEFT THE PLAYERS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM AFTER A PHYISCAL ALTERCATION WITH HIS WIFE THAT INVOVLED ALCOHOL!!"

Sounds harsh and I want to reiterate what you also made a point of in that we want them to succeed as a family and move forward. But I personally just dont see it with the Bruins.

Good points.

I don’t know the legal aspects though.

If he’s technically “cleared” of the charges through the courts, successfully completed the assistance program and is physically able to play, will they just “cut” him?

Are they setting themselves up for a lawsuit, considering he played every game until he got hurt, so him being cut wouldn't be the result of his play.

They would seem to be cutting him because of the incident.
(Which they may have every right to do)

So many questions that need to be answered.

Reactions: JCRO

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If you are charged in the criminal court and then released what do you call that? Not guilty? Innocent of the crimes you've been charged with? We're talking semantics here. Free to go? What suffices for you?

It's more than semantics. The charges were dropped, which says zero about guilt or innocence. It is not uncommon for abused family members to refuse to testify against their abusers. Just because the prosectution didn't feel they could conduct a trial, the incident still happened and no one that we've seen is denying that it did.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Good points.

I don’t know the legal aspects though.

If he’s technically “cleared” of the charges through the courts, successfully completed the assistance program and is physically able to play, will they just “cut” him?

Are they setting themselves up for a lawsuit, considering he played every game until he got hurt, so him being cut wouldn't be the result of his play.

They would seem to be cutting him because of the incident.
(Which they may have every right to do)

So many questions that need to be answered.
Absolutely. Agree on all parts and a lot of unknowns. Time will tell.

Reactions: sarge88

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
No. Not semantics. "Proven innocent" is not semantics. It implies proof that he did nothing wrong.

Nothing even close to that was what came out of today's events. Has nothing to do with ME or what suffices for ME. It's an entirely incorrect statement.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Waive him who gives a shit.
He's still with the org though, even if it's not in BOS.

I suppose they can tell him to stay away from reporting to PRO, but they're opening themselves up to litigation from the NHLPA if they're waiving him, telling him to stay away, etc when he's healthy, cleared of charges (whether you agree or not), and has cleared the assistance program.

It's not as cut and dry as "waive him". This isnt a case of a player getting waived to hopefully clear and get sent down to PRO to play.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Craig McTavish did something far worse then Lucic and he seemed to do ok after his return to hockey, and coached several years in the NHL.
They did trade him before he ever played another game as a Bruins though.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
He's still with the org though, even if it's not in BOS.

I suppose they can tell him to stay away from reporting to PRO, but they're opening themselves up to litigation from the NHLPA if they're waiving him, telling him to stay away, etc when he's healthy, cleared of charges (whether you agree or not), and has cleared the assistance program.

It's not as cut and dry as "waive him". This isnt a case of a player getting waived to hopefully clear and get sent down to PRO to play.

I genuinely think it is that clear cut. What is the lawsuit? He'll still get paid.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Last edited:
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad