Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Put Brazeau and Coyle together and the other team might not touch the puck for 30 seconds at a time.

Add JDB darting around and hopefully finding soft spots in the offensive zone and that could be a really good playoff line 2.
Problem is the goalie won't need to make any saves either

Reactions: TCB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Well, aside from adding Maroon and/or JVR into the fold, this is the team they’ve got.

Puck possession is important and having a line that controls the puck is better than one that doesn’t.

Reactions: bbfan419 and SPV

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Any ETA on Maroon?

I think he can help but shudder at the idea of him getting no warmup or reps with the 4th liners and just getting thrust into the playoffs after back surgery.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It's been great these past few years. Last night's game was one of those ones where getting Zacha for Haula looks truly absurd, cause Zacha was one of the best players on the ice IMO.
Not too blow my own horn, I loved that deal when it was made..........I am hoping and I am sure it will not be as impactful , but I loved getting Boqvist , both players young and can play the game......

Really ! what goalie.........

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I believe the bruins are cap restricted and only options to call up P Bruins are:
- Injuries
- Transfer waiver eligible players (Beacher? Brazeau?)
- Risk losing player(s)to waiver (Lauko)

My concern is the lack of production from Lauko. At one time he was using his speed to draw penalties, creating opportunities to score...he appears tentative. I like Lauko but he needs to produce. Nerves are hitting him.

The other concern is sitting key players before playoffs begin. Rest and bubble wrap is needed.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I blame it on this truly awful website that has become a chaotic mess to post on with mobile. Works great on computer though! Like I am using now. Ironically, I reckon more older folks use their computer versus mobile to post :D
I saw you talking about getting old -- what with you being into your fourth decade and all.

My heart feels for you. Then again I post on these boards by scraping some soot off the cave walls and rubbing it on the end of my stick. Then I grunt and wave the stick at things in a lame effort to do what you kids call "write".. A bit unorthodox and certainly not pretty to the eyes, but somehow it works I guess. :laugh:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Any ETA on Maroon?

I think he can help but shudder at the idea of him getting no warmup or reps with the 4th liners and just getting thrust into the playoffs after back surgery.
panger said "couple of weeks". gonna say that's about 2. only leaves him maybe 2-3 games before playoffs.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I believe the bruins are cap restricted and only options to call up P Bruins are:
- Injuries
- Transfer waiver eligible players (Beacher? Brazeau?)
- Risk losing player(s)to waiver (Lauko)

My concern is the lack of production from Lauko. At one time he was using his speed to draw penalties, creating opportunities to score...he appears tentative. I like Lauko but he needs to produce. Nerves are hitting him.

The other concern is sitting key players before playoffs begin. Rest and bubble wrap is needed.

Thoughts?
I am not a Lauko fan, due the fact he cannot score, or create scoring chances.
All four lines need to contribute for us to be successful in the playoffs. Its too bad Lysell suffered an injury. I would have liked to see him called up this year to see how he plays.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I think we might be reaching a point with JVR where you need to start thinking about getting some other guys some looks on the third line. Ideal world he gets going, but it's been a solid month of him just being bad at this point, and Lauko isn't the answer there either.

I'd like to see them maybe move Beecher back to 4C and see what Boqvist can do at third line wing, or if they just really like the look of Boqvist at 4C try Beecher at 3LW.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hasn't stopped them from playing Patrick Brown once in a blue!

Seems like a long time since Brown played (I could be wrong), And Brown while not great has shown time and again in his career that he is good enough to play a little bit on the 4th like . He rarely if ever stands out as not belonging there

Reactions: HustleB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad