Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Heard that and thought it sounded reasonable....they said "geographic reason".... everyone assumed LA... Maybe it was Canada
Ontario is close to LA. It is......... Think about it.

So sounds like the Ullmark trade that got shut down wasn't the shitty PLD trade that was rumored, which is great. Friedman was saying he heard it would've sent Ullmark plus a defenseman to an eastern conference team for another defenseman.

To me that sounds like Ullmark + one of Gryz/Forbort for Chychrun considering Sweeney has been interested in him for forever. Wouldn't surprise me to see the bruins circle back in the offseason for that same reason.
You have to remember that our other players had some sort of No Move to certain teams also. So, if more than Ullmark was involved, who's to say it wasn't one of them saying no.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I think him blocking to Ottawa is the most likely scenario. Fact is, that organization's reputation among NHL players isn't good. Ask Del Zotto. Then toss in other negative factors (rink location, etc.).

But I wonder if the D-man wasn't Chabot. He hasn't really lived up to his contract and his modified no-trade kicks in this summer and he's due 10 million in real money next year and the following two years with another 8 million in the final year. The Sens still owe him 60% of his contract.

If I'm the Sens and I'm looking to ship out one of my 3 LD, Chabot is the guy I'd move before Chychrun and obviously Sanderson. They can't be looking at Chabot's deal the next 4 years and think it's good value, especially for a budget team.

No chance the Bruins want anything to do with Chabot's contract, the Sens would love to unload it to some sucker.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I really hope Forbert and Gryz are walking . I really see no place for either on this team going forward . It may not be popular with a lot here but would like to see DeBrusk remain a Bruin. Heinen if he can be signed for around 2mil per year would be great to keep as well.
I’d love to see former Bruin Ryan Lindgren on D

Something about his north nasty that just does it for me

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I’d love to see former Bruin Ryan Lindgren on D

Something about his north nasty that just does it for me

I’d love to have him back too.

To me he’s that perfect mixture of nasty and talent.

Just one of the best defensive defensemen in the league in my eyes, and also IMO what helps enable Fox to be as good as he is.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and we had a defensive log jam for prospects, but we really should’ve dealt Zboril or Vaak instead.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Story book summer 24 & 25 would be:
Sid requests a trade to play with hometown buddy Marchy as both will be in their final year of their contracts. Together they put up 100+ points each and help lead the Bruins to another Stanley Cup. They sign a one year deal in 25-26 to take one last shot at the cup but more importantly, to play on a line together for Team Canada at the Olympics. They win Gold there and come back to Boston and win their 2nd straight Stanley Cup and retire in the summer.

Everyone can dream.......

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Friedman said on 32 Thoughts that things with Ullmark had progressed to the point where he thought he was gone, and that LA thought it was a done deal.

I wonder if those rumors about Ullmark for PLD are true? Feels like kinda huge risk to add a guy like that mid season. Like I get that in theory if you can get the PLD that gives a shit you're getting a 25 year old top 6 center that's 6'4" 225lb, but betting on consistently getting that version of him feels foolish at this point.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Story book summer 24 & 25 would be:
Sid requests a trade to play with hometown buddy Marchy as both will be in their final year of their contracts. Together they put up 100+ points each and help lead the Bruins to another Stanley Cup. They sign a one year deal in 25-26 to take one last shot at the cup but more importantly, to play on a line together for Team Canada at the Olympics. They win Gold there and come back to Boston and win their 2nd straight Stanley Cup and retire in the summer.

Everyone can dream.......
And Bergy unretires to join them :sarcasm:

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Friedman said on 32 Thoughts that things with Ullmark had progressed to the point where he thought he was gone, and that LA thought it was a done deal.

I wonder if those rumors about Ullmark for PLD are true? Feels like kinda huge risk to add a guy like that mid season. Like I get that in theory if you can get the PLD that gives a shit you're getting a 25 year old top 6 center that's 6'4" 225lb, but betting on consistently getting that version of him feels foolish at this point.

I honestly don't think PLD was the target here. Everyone assumes he was but I think Peeke was the player they got instead when the deal went south. I want to say it was a D (Roy) and pick(s). No source

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I honestly don't think PLD was the target here. Everyone assumes he was but I think Peeke was the player they got instead when the deal went south. I want to say it was a D (Roy) and pick(s). No source
My assumption would be the same. If it was the Kings, it's Roy and a pick or two. Then Sweeney would have used cap space and the asset to upgrade the forward group.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

My assumption would be the same. If it was the Kings, it's Roy and a pick or two. Then Sweeney would have used cap space and the asset to upgrade the forward group.

Have to agree with you- PLD seems about as unlikely a player for the Bruins to want in terms of work ethic and character as anyone in the league.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Roy is gonna get like 5+ mil on the market this summer, no way we would've been able to retain him to play behind Carlo and McAvoy. Don't think he was the guy either.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Yeah I don’t think renting Roy makes sense at all.
I honestly think PLD is the only guy that kinda makes sense for both sides. Bruins couldn't accept futures at the deadline given where the team was, and our needs were top 6 center and top 4 LHD. Kings aren't deep enough at LHD to trade away from that position, so I don't think it's that.

And you'd think they Kings probably aren't willing to trade any of the pieces in their top 6 given they're currently in the playoffs, but they do have PLD on the third line. So they trade away from an area of depth and get out of a contract they seem to regret giving to fill their biggest need, Bruins trade away from a position of depth to add what they see as a long term solution at center. Personally don't love the idea of trading for PLD but I see the logic for both sides.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I honestly think PLD is the only guy that kinda makes sense for both sides. Bruins couldn't accept futures at the deadline given where the team was, and our needs were top 6 center and top 4 LHD. Kings aren't deep enough at LHD to trade away from that position, so I don't think it's that.

And you'd think they Kings probably aren't willing to trade any of the pieces in their top 6 given they're currently in the playoffs, but they do have PLD on the third line. So they trade away from an area of depth and get out of a contract they seem to regret giving to fill their biggest need, Bruins trade away from a position of depth to add what they see as a long term solution at center. Personally don't love the idea of trading for PLD but I see the logic for both sides.

Kempe, Danault and Arvidsson (as a dump) also line up salary wise, with Kempe being the obvious interesting name.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Just my imagination... but forget LA if it was known that Hertl was available should have tried sending Ullmark there for him. Hertl goes on ltir and activates for the playoffs and you got a #1 center for the post season and next several years. Plus, the other deadline trades could still have been made. Oh well ...

Side note: no more a gamble than PLD who has been dog crap everywhere he's been.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
An off season swap of Ullmark for Chychryn makes a lot of sense to me. Let Gryz and Forbort walk. You have Chychryn for a year while you bring Lohrei in full time. You can sign him, trade him at the deadline or let him walk after a playoff run because you have Lohrei ready for top 4 minutes.

Reactions: bbfan419

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
An off season swap of Ullmark for Chychryn makes a lot of sense to me. Let Gryz and Forbort walk. You have Chychryn for a year while you bring Lohrei in full time. You can sign him, trade him at the deadline or let him walk after a playoff run because you have Lohrei ready for top 4 minutes.
Does Ullmark still have that no trade clause in the off-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad