Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Hoping Coyle and Zacha show something as top two centers in the playoffs this season. That will go a long way for me to see what they should do in the summer. Coyle hasn't exactly tore it up play-off wise since that fantastic 2019 run and Zacha's next play-off goal will be his first.
They were up 3-1 without Bergeron last year. And Krejci only played game 5.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Coyle's 1 goal and Zacha's 4 assists were going to carry them to a win in 5 if those old useless veterans didn't come back? Krejci did play game 4 and led the forwards in ice time. These two are firmly entrenched as big time play-off performers now?

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Seriously though of course, and they played fine. Are they the solution, way too early to tell imo. Hopefully they are

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
What are the odds Drai makes it to FA? You have to think Edmonton will go all in to resign him, and if they can't they almost have to deal him this summer (and Boston does not have the players to trade for him)

There are a handful of other potential UFA in 2025 (ie Marner, Rantannen) , but most will resign. Sure some of the guys in their mid 30s will make it to FA in 2025, but I don't want to make 24 plans in hope I can get Tavares in 2025
That shows your hockey knowledge right there . I think I just choke on some of my vomit from reading that.

His analytics said if Grizz was in the line up they would win.

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
That shows your hockey knowledge right there . I think I just choke on some of my vomit from reading that.

His analytics said if Grizz was in the line up they would win.
Just not sure how you can say Coyle and Zacha are a fine 1-2 play-off caliber center combo until they do it for more than 3 games in a series they lost.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
what i would give to never talk about last yrs playoffs and the 2015 draft ever again...

Can I interest you with the 2019 Finals and David Backes?

smile-lamorne-morris.gif

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Would people rather they sign Lindholm this summer or if Ullmark waives his NTC and go to a rumored destination that came up like Ottawa or LA for Kempe/Pinto type return ?

Reactions: Blowfish

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Bruins centers will be alright, especially if Poitras levels up next season with his progression. What the Bruins need are top 6 wingers. That's where the focus should be.
Is it smart though going into next season with that much reliance on Poitras developing at a rate to fill the need at C?

Reactions: Gordoff

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Is it smart though going into next season with that much reliance on Poitras developing at a rate to fill the need at C?

I don't think it's a reliance on Poitras, he's more of an extra layer to Bruins center depth. As is, the Bruins can count on guys to fill top 6 roles for center and do an admirably job. Bruins just have Pasta on the wings as a guaranteed top 6 player. DeBrusk might walk, Marchand has slowed down and entering his final years as an NHL player. Guys like Heinen and JVR were plug in fillers. The Bruins are going to need at least two top 6 wingers, either internally or via free agency. I say they'll need 3, which pushes Marchand down to the third line next season.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I don't think it's a reliance on Poitras, he's more of an extra layer to Bruins center depth. As is, the Bruins can count on guys to fill top 6 roles for center and do an admirably job. Bruins just have Pasta on the wings as a guaranteed top 6 player. DeBrusk might walk, Marchand has slowed down and entering his final years as an NHL player. Guys like Heinen and JVR were plug in fillers. The Bruins are going to need at least two top 6 wingers, either internally or via free agency. I say they'll need 3, which pushes Marchand down to the third line next season.
Both would be nice but they do need another faceoff guy.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
People saying w need a #1 Center, I completely get their argument. Coyle nor Zacha are the sexy name in the league that traditionally looks like your 1C. I don't agree or disagree, I'd be happy to get a legit #1C or I'd be happy to run it back with Coyle/Zacha/Geekie/Poitras/Merk/Beecher down the middle, committee approach.

My target, not focusing on any of the UFA C's would be Hanifin. Would love to see him and McAvoy pairing for a long long time. Give him Gryz + Forbort's money on a long term deal. Love Peeke as the #3 RD. I'd give Lohrei a look next to him on the 3rd pair. Lindholm-Carlo obviously on the 2nd pair.

I'm not going to comment on keeping/trading Ullmark or Swayman until we see how the remainder of this year + playoffs go. It almost works out better if Ullmark is the guy and takes us deep into the playoffs. His value should go up for a playoff run and Swayman has less bargaining chips riding pine in the playoffs.

Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Ullmark versus Swayman will be a debate this offseason especially should Ullmark outshine Sway this playoffs. IMO Bruins are fortunate they could trade one or the other with the likes of Bussi, Deipetro, Dyck lurking. Add the fact Swayman will be looking for equal to or bigger pay vs Ullmark... I say go with whatever nets you the best return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad