Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Development Tracker

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I haven't seen anything.

At this point there are 3 possibilities:

1) The org has monitored his game and aren't interested in offering a contract (find this very difficult to believe the way they've been passing out deals to anyone with a pulse)

2) Martino is going back for his senior season. Personally I think this is nearly always a mistake for a legitimate prospect as there's not much left to learn at the NCAA level by year 4 and you actually often see backsliding in a player's senior year. If you want to get your degree (which you should) that can be done in the following summers after you turn pro. The Stars will continue to hold his rights until next summer if this is the case.

3) Martino isn't interested in the Stars organization and views the path to the NHL as too difficult i.e. Tufte

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I haven't seen anything.

At this point there are 3 possibilities:

1) The org has monitored his game and aren't interested in offering a contract (find this very difficult to believe the way they've been passing out deals to anyone with a pulse)

2) Martino is going back for his senior season. Personally I think this is nearly always a mistake for a legitimate prospect as there's not much left to learn at the NCAA level by year 4 and you actually often see backsliding in a player's senior year. If you want to get your degree (which you should) that can be done in the following summers after you turn pro. The Stars will continue to hold his rights until next summer if this is the case.

3) Martino isn't interested in the Stars organization and views the path to the NHL as too difficult i.e. Tufte
Tufte wasn't qualified, he didn't have a say in that decision

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He's going to win the league championship all to avoid having to play in the AHL, and he'll then go right to the World Championship where he can spend May in beautiful Prague. This dude is having the best 2024.

Bichsel won't play the World Championships as his feud with the SIHF continues but I guess the Dallas Stars wouldn't have released him anyway. I don't know why they would. They granted him a Europe out clause when negociating his ELC but they don't really owe him anything beyond that.

Also, Rögle lost game 1 of the SHL finals away at Skelleftea 0-1 due to a goal in the 56th minute when Bichsel was not on the ice. Game 2 is today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic Mittens

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Bichsel won't play the World Championships as his feud with the SIHF continues but I guess the Dallas Stars wouldn't have released him anyway. I don't know why they would. They granted him a Europe out clause when negociating his ELC but they don't really owe him anything beyond that.

Also, Rögle lost game 1 of the SHL finals away at Skelleftea 0-1 due to a goal in the 56th minute when Bichsel was not on the ice. Game 2 is today.
The last quote I saw from him recently said he was open to playing for the national team, but I don't pretend to follow this stuff closely.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The last quote I saw from him recently said he was open to playing for the national team, but I don't pretend to follow this stuff closely.

Bichsel said that, yeah. But in response, the idiot headcoach in yet another one of his salty interviews said that Bichsel can get lost because he turned the SIHF down twice.

That all started when Bichsel asked to join WJC camp late after a busy offseason with draft etc. The SIHF turned down his reasonable request and since then it just turned into a back and forth shit show with salty statements from both sides. Also, everytime Bichsel says he wants to play the SIHF turns him down and everytime the SIHF wants him Bichsel turns them down. If it wasn't so sad it would be really funny. Bichsel isn't the only player unhappy with the SIHF though. They have and had similar feuds with other players as well.

Those SIHF clowns won't ever grow up I guess. I'll never understand why they'd want tired, injured or simply unwilling players on their rosters anyway. Players health should be paramount if they say they can't play or need more time to join your team then you should appreciate the honesty. And even if you can't understand that you should at the very least understand that those pissing contests via media aren't a good look.

This newest episode of the pissing contest is particularly dumb because Bichsel was likely never gonna be available for the tournament anyway. Unless both the Dallas and Texas Stars lose their playoff series, the Stars would never release Bichsel for the World Championships. At least I don't see why they would. So bashing Bichsel via media one more time at this point was really unnecessary.

Last edited:

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Bichsel said that, yeah. But in response, the idiot headcoach in yet another one of his salty interviews said that Bichsel can get lost because he turned the SIHF down twice.

That all started when Bichsel asked to join WJC camp late after a busy offseason with draft etc. The SIHF turned down his reasonable request and since then it just turned into a back and forth shit show with salty statements from both sides. Also, everytime Bichsel says he wants to play the SIHF turns him down and everytime the SIHF wants him Bichsel turns them down. If it wasn't so sad it would be really funny. Bichsel isn't the only player unhappy with the SIHF though. They have and had similar feuds with other players as well.

Those SIHF clowns won't ever grow up I guess. I'll never understand why they'd want tired, injured or simply unwilling players on their rosters anyway. Players health should be paramount if they say they can't play or need more time to join your team then you should appreciate the honesty. And even if you can't understand that you should at the very least understand that those pissing contests via media aren't a good look.
Yep. Just to provide a source to this: Lian Bichsel sanctionné par Patrick Fischer

Rough Google translation:

"Lian Bichsel confirmed that he would undoubtedly accept an invitation from Patrick Fischer (read here), but the latter apparently has a completely different vision: "We communicated with him about the consequences after he let us down for the second time at under-20 world championship: he will therefore not join us" declared the coach this weekend."

Reactions: Satan

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yep. Just to provide a source to this: Lian Bichsel sanctionné par Patrick Fischer

Rough Google translation:

"Lian Bichsel confirmed that he would undoubtedly accept an invitation from Patrick Fischer (read here), but the latter apparently has a completely different vision: "We communicated with him about the consequences after he let us down for the second time at under-20 world championship: he will therefore not join us" declared the coach this weekend."

Yeah. Unnecessary statement. Childish behavior. This clown has to finally grow up. That's never gonna happen though.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
@Satan wrote this quote and you can't convince me otherwise
f*** around and find out Bitchsel - quitters don't get rewarded

Yeah. Unnecessary statement. Childish behavior. This clown has to finally grow up. That's never gonna happen though.
the only one that needs to grow up is Bitchsel - he's a serial quitter and needs to mature. He's finding out the hard way that there's no i in team

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
f*** around and find out Bitchsel - quitters don't get rewarded

the only one that needs to grow up is Bitchsel - he's a serial quitter and needs to mature. He's finding out the hard way that there's no i in team

I disagree. His request for more off ice training after a busy offseason was perfectly reasonable. He was willing to play, just asked to join camp a few days later. Yet still the SIHF turned him down just to this winter beg him to do exactly that...join their WJC camp later.

Now, I understand that him turning them down this winter may have been a bit childish especially considering he was basically sharing locker rooms with the Swiss WJC camp in Ängelholm. However, it was the SIHF that started this pissing contest, not Bichsel. Also, him sticking with Rögle kinda paid off. They needed him to even qualify for pre playoffs.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I disagree. His request for more off ice training after a busy offseason was perfectly reasonable. He was willing to play, just asked to join camp a few days later. Yet still the SIHF turned him down just to this winter beg him to do exactly that...join their WJC camp later.

Now, I understand that him turning them down this winter may have been a bit childish especially considering he was basically sharing locker rooms with the Swiss WJC camp in Ängelholm. However, it was the SIHF that started this pissing contest, not Bichsel. Also, him sticking with Rögle kinda paid off. They needed him to even qualify for pre playoffs.

They're meming

You are correct about all of this

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He planned to go to Sweden the whole time. This is him absolutely finishing what he started.

This. He joined Rögle for their camp in the summer so I was actually surprised he came over to NA at all.

I also still think it was a reasonable decision. The Dallas Stars didn't need Bichsel this season, likely wouldn't have played him anyway. The Texas Stars kinda missed him I guess but they still qualified for playoffs without him. Also, Bichsel sticking with the Texas would have meant less ice time for other prospects. Bichsel would have made the team better but it's not like they were lacking signed defense prospects this season.

Reactions: LT

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
He planned to go to Sweden the whole time. This is him absolutely finishing what he started.
did he start the regular season in sweden nope

couldnt finish a regular season in the AHL

couldnt be flexible with Swiss WJC team on several occasions

good riddance

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
All I got from this is that Bischel wants to be Swedish. No probs we'll take him off your hands SIHF.

I don't know if he'd go that far but the SIHF is surely pissing him the f*** of.
Also, he definitely enjoyed life in Sweden a lot during his time in Leksands. His girlfriend is Swedish, too. So yeah. You got a point.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Klockis

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

good riddance

You can be sure he would have played the entire season in Sweden if the Stars allowed him to. However, after signing his ELC his options were kinda limited. He's probably lucky the Stars granted him that Winter Europe out clause.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Just like how Stankoven quit on the Texas Stars
And Bourque really wanted to quit the Texas Stars.

good riddance
He could have finished the regular season in the AHL, but he didn't because he had negotiated a better option.

Reactions: Hinterland and LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad