2023-24 New Goalie Equipment and Mask Sightings

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Dude. Hunters wear orange for visibility so other hunters can see them and don't shoot them...
Weird hill to die on dude but as an actual hunter allow me to educate you...

First, deer are colorblind, so the aren't spooked by orange. Second, deer hunters hunt in the woods and there are often other hunters within shooting range. Third, deer hunters use rifles with ranges of hundreds of yards. Thus there is a real risk of getting shot by another hunter if you aren't wearing orange(and sometimes even if you are).

Ducks can see color and are spooked by orange. Ducks are hunted with shotguns with a range of maybe 30 yards. Ducks are hunted on the edge of a body of water, Thus the chance of there being another hunter in front of you within that 30 yard range is zero. So duck hunters wear camo.

No (successful/knowledgable) duck hunter wears orange

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

First, deer are colorblind, so the aren't spooked by orange. Second, deer hunters hunt in the woods and there are often other hunters within shooting range. Third, deer hunters use rifles with ranges of hundreds of yards. Thus there is a real risk of getting shot by another hunter if you aren't wearing orange(and sometimes even if you are).

Ducks can see color and are spooked by orange. Ducks are hunted with shotguns with a range of maybe 30 yards. Ducks are hunted on the edge of a body of water, Thus the chance of there being another hunter in front of you within that 30 yard range is zero. So duck hunters wear camo.

I mean wearing orange didn't hurt me when playing Duck Hunt on the original NES

😛

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Think this was missed before, but looks like Campbell has a new mask:
CP168529082.jpg

sep-29-2023-calgary-alberta-edmonton-oilers.jpg

Still no sightings of Skinner's new mask (assuming he'll have a new one).

Reactions: SaltNPeca

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Lol at the lens flares.. like jesus chill out on them.. a huge percentage of them dont make sense, they are definitely his addiction

Reactions: Kevinsane

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
He used to have a nice Vaughn set and now he's wearing this awful Bauer stuff.

Huge downgrade.

Agreed. More goalies wearing shitty generic Bauer gear taking over.

And unfortunately it seems even if goalies start with another brand like Vaughn or Brians, as time goes on, Bauer gets their hold.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Lol at the lens flares.. like jesus chill out on them.. a huge percentage of them dont make sense, they are definitely his addiction
It reminds me of this Video (1:00 min Mark):

He should really Turn of the lensflare Generators.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
I've always thought it was weird seeing orange being used on the jersey and the crowd waving bright orange towels considering that's the colours hunters wear when they shoot and kill ducks :dunno:

Dude... deer hunters wear orange because deer are colorblind. Duck hunters weaamo.
Dude. Hunters wear orange for visibility so other hunters can see them and don't shoot them...

Dudes, only six days left until we can talk about hockey and don't have to discuss duck hunting colors anymore.

Hang in there!

Until then, I'm sure there's some ongoing thread about the best pure sniper of all time to participate in and let off some steam. There always is.

• Haha
Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA

What about penguins?

Obviously warm shoes and layers of merino wool, but can I wear my Crosby jersey on top when I go after them?

• Haha
Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad