NCAA 2023 - 24 NCAA Thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I guess every year there's a "snub" but I'm seeing a lot of dislike for Virginia and Michigan State getting in over Indiana State and Seton Hall.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I guess every year there's a "snub" but I'm seeing a lot of dislike for Virginia and Michigan State getting in over Indiana State and Seton Hall.

Sparty was shit this year. Feels like an Izzo participation trophy.

Also, giving Diebler a 5yr deal seems incredibly short sighted. Not a fan at all.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
my jayhawks dont look great this year but would love a kansas gonzaga 2nd round match up

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A couple of things really stood out to me.

Not only Iowa State as a 2 seed but as the lowest 2 seed is totally bogus. They put so much stock into a non-conference schedule that happened 4-5 months ago and ignored that this team (which was already a 2 seed on most brackets coming into Championship week) decimated Baylor and Houston while North Carolina who plays in a joke of a conference and lost to an average NC State team in the tournament gets a 1 seed. I know the whole body of work should be taken into account but when two teams are fairly closely bunched and one team has a MUCH better conference champ week than the other and it doesn't make a difference, that's a problem.

UConn gets the top overall seed and deservedly so since they are the best team in the country yet they get saddled with the toughest bracket with Big 12 Champ Iowa State as the 2, Big 10 Champ Illinois as the 3, SEC Champ Auburn (who got hosed as a 4) and the runner up last season San Diego St. as a 5. Make that make sense.

North Carolina, Kentucky and Michigan St. were all seeded too high. Notice a pattern with those 3 teams? All bluebloods. No bias there, right?
Virginia getting in at all with 2 Quad 1 wins while a bunch of Mountain West teams with clearly better resumes barely getting in and New Mexico getting an 11 as Conference Champ in one of the tougher conferences in the league is just more bias towards the big schools.

There's always beefs every year but this year seemed especially egregious.

Reactions: HisIceness

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Feeling good about Illinois's placement for at least two rounds, so the Illini should get to the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2005. Will be pretty damn bitter if the team ****s the bed in March, comma, again.

Getting past that is a damn tall order that I'm not expecting, though.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Illini have been starting out damn slow as of late. While I'm sure it'll eventually bite us, maybe even today, but I'll take being up by one at half given the team's tendency to turn it on in the second.

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
IL is too big, strong, and athletic to lose to these guys. It's men vs boys. I picked Samford over KS in my bracket. The women have all the star power this year.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Wait, that was only the tenth triple double in tourney history? I have no clue how many I would've guessed had happened, but it definitely wouldn't have been single digits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad