Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Any word on injured players yet? I can’t imagine Gignacand Stephens missing this weekend if it’s at all possible for them to play

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I remember many years ago I was attending game 7 between Texas and Hamilton. The Stars had sent down a young Jamie Benn to help them very early in their playoff run. The Habs right before game 7 sent down Ben Maxwell which at the time was really exciting! Reinforcements! Texas won and Maxwell was no factor.

What's my point? Just because you send 4 players down for Laval's next game don't be surprised if that has zero affect.

Reactions: morhilane

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
I remember many years ago I was attending game 7 between Texas and Hamilton. The Stars had sent down a young Jamie Benn to help them very early in their playoff run. The Habs right before game 7 sent down Ben Maxwell which at the time was really exciting! Reinforcements! Texas won and Maxwell was no factor.

What's my point? Just because you send 4 players down for Laval's next game don't be surprised if that has zero affect.
Well, there is also the factor that not all reinforcements sent from the big clubs are created equal 😉

Reactions: Rozz and Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Crap. Whatever happened to “freeze it” and play? This is a big weekend! And I am kidding by the way. I’m sure they’d play if they could.

he's looked bad since coming back down plus you have all these new guys and possibly Roy who hasn't played a game in over a month so you wonder how rusty will he be. I saw somewhere on twitter saying Stephens was at practice today so he might be good to go by Friday.

Reactions: Rapala

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Well, there is also the factor that not all reinforcements sent from the big clubs are created equal 😉
Back then getting Maxwell back was huge. I think it's more of quickly establishing chemistry. Mailloux and Barron will slide right in, not sure about Roy and Struble. I would definitely dress Struble though and Roy would replace Gignac.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Back then getting Maxwell back was huge. I think it's more of quickly establishing chemistry. Mailloux and Barron will slide right in, not sure about Roy and Struble. I would definitely dress Struble though and Roy would replace Gignac.

Roy is ten times the player Maxwell was. Struble stepped right in last year with no adaptation time and was also excellent this year before earning his callup.

Mailloux played last game and is an AHL all-star and Barron played most of the last two months there.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Roy is ten times the player Maxwell was. Struble stepped right in last year with no adaptation time and was also excellent this year before earning his callup.

Mailloux played last game and is an AHL all-star and Barron played most of the last two months there.
Roy definitely is way better than Ben Maxwell was for sure but at the time Maxwell was a welcomed player for game 7...

Roy started very well in Laval but make no mistake for the majority of the AHL season he has been a non factor most games.

What about Tuch, will he be playing and can he have an impact?
With the return of some players I wonder if both Xhekaj and Tuch will both play.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Roy definitely is way better than Ben Maxwell was for sure but at the time Maxwell was a welcomed player for game 7...

Roy started very well in Laval but make no mistake for the majority of the AHL season he has been a non factor most games.

With the return of some players I wonder if both Xhekaj and Tuch will both play.
They’re going to need size. These games will be a battle

Reactions: Tyson

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
How does the playoffs in the AHL work?
To me it seems Laval is already eliminated?
Two games to go and they are six pts back of the Marlies in 8th.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The top 5 teams make it. The 4 and 5 seed play a best of 3 to allow themselves to play in the next round. Laval has a tall order to win these 2 games. Utica is also in the mix if they win all 3 of their remaining games.

Reactions: Rapala and Zam Boni

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

The top 5 teams make it. The 4 and 5 seed play a best of 3 to allow themselves to play in the next round. Laval has a tall order to win these 2 games. Utica is also in the mix if they win all 3 of their remaining games.

To add to that, Laval has to win both in regulation since Belleville won Wednesday.

If Belleville gets any point, Laval is out.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
OK, thanks!

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

We absolutely need Stephens to play and I think both Barron and Mailloux along with Reinbacher can help solidify that right side.
But If I recall correctly RHP was pretty invisible last year as well so it's definitely not an automatic.
I'm hoping getting a game in Montreal will light a fire under Logan's ass he's been anemic at best in many games recently.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
We absolutely need Stephens to play and I think both Barron and Mailloux along with Reinbacher can help solidify that right side.
But If I recall correctly RHP was pretty invisible last year as well so it's definitely not an automatic.
I'm hoping getting a game in Montreal will light a fire under Logan's ass he's been anemic at best in many games recently.

You're absolutely right about Logan, he could be the game changer for Laval in those 2 games, i also think we will see a more involved Flojack now that he's got his 1st game under his belt.....could be the X factor as well.

And obviously Dobes needs to be at his best, not worry about that.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

For me, Kidney should sit. He needs to show a lot more imho.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Syracuse blew it against Belleville but they were probably short players that are up with Tampa. Rochester should have a full roster though. Those are the teams playing Utica.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad