Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd be a bit surprised if he plays the 1st monsters game, Houle didn't put Roy in for the 1st couple of games last year if I recall and these are must wins so I don't know if he trusts him enough or not. I hope he plays all 4 games, kid is a nasty piece of business those games against the Sens would be a ton of fun to see.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Could be a case of too little too late. Laval may have screwed any playoff chances already

We'll have a better idea after this weekend.

Belleville is finally catching up one of their game in hands this week as they play 3 games in 4 to Laval's 2 in 2.

They also play a game on Wednesday before the final back-to-back. Laval has 5 days to prepare for it.

The North division is the only one with realistics battles still happening.

Pacific is all clinched for the 7 teams.
Central has 4/5 clinched, but 5th has a 9 points lead on 6th with 5 or 6 games remaining.

Atlantic has 4/6 clinched, but 6th has a 4 points lead with 5 games. Still possible but very unlikely especially as Lehigh Valley and Springfield don't face each other.

North only has 1/5 clinched, but Cleveland and Rochester clinch this weekend in pretty much every scenario I can see. Marlies could also clinch if they get most of their points this weekend and beat Belleville.

To stay alive, Laval (2 games this weekend) needs to stay within 4 points of Belleville (3 games)/Utica (2 games) this weekend. Currently tied with Belleville and 1 point ahead of Utica.

Laval has the "easiest schedule" left with a 2 in 3 this week and a back-to-back next weekend.
Marlies have a 3 in 4 this week and a game on wednesday plus a b2b Saturday/Sunday next week.
Bellevile has a 3 in 4 this week and a b2b next week.
Utica has a b2b this weekend and 3 in a row the last weekend.

Reactions: schwang26

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tony was saying that on Lapierre's French podcast, Laval's coach said Mailloux is the best dman there and Bouillon said the same.

Bouillon has been talking about Mailloux being the closest to the NHL from those in Laval since before the new year. Even last year when Mailloux was still in junior, Bouillon has been signing his praises.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bouillon has been talking about Mailloux being the closest to the NHL from those in Laval since before the new year. Even last year when Mailloux was still in junior, Bouillon has been signing his praises.

Which might be an indictment on Bouillons abilities. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of defense could see his defensive game was and is years away

Reactions: morhilane

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Which might be an indictment on Bouillons abilities. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of defense could see his defensive game was and is years away
To be fair, no one in the ahl plays well defensively. At least from the teams I’ve seen

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's looking like Laval might have to win out their last 4 games to have a chance.

It's the only way, if they lose tomorrow it's pretty much over.

As long as they are within 4 points and hold the tiebreaker (currently RW 28 Laval vs 26 Belleville) going into the final weekend, they can do it.

The one consolation side of Belleville winning in OT is that it doesn't influence the first tiebreaker.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Laval has been lackluster in the last few weeks apart from that 3 wins in 3 days weekend which was great.

At this point, even if they squeak through for the playoffs, I doubt they have what it takes to make any noise.

Hopefully next year's squad will be plain better.

Still hope they make it, but we would need some offensive players to find their groove quick.

Reactions: montreal

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Worst case scenario was both Belleville and Toronto got points. I really don’t know how Belleville wins games.

Reactions: jrom

skidcells

May 11, 2023
We need to clean house on the forwards side. When it has mattered this team has shown nothing offensively. It’s been abysmal

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We need to clean house on the forwards side. When it has mattered this team has shown nothing offensively. It’s been abysmal
I didn't watch the game last night but I did watch Dobes steal a handful of games down the stretch.
I struggled to find chemistry on any line for any length of time. The defense was average but they managed to keep the puck out of their net.
Barron had been their best defenseman in a couple of those games but I wasn't expecting we'd give up 6 goals to that Cleveland team.
All in all not a heck of a lot was clicking except for goaltending.

Reactions: skidcells

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad