Prospect Info: 2023-24 Kings Prospects in CHL/College/Europe

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Slukynsky lost his first of the season. Tough situation to be in. Team played 3 games in 3 nights, and he played back-to-back days. And with that the game winner was scored in the final minute.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Why would Kenny Conners turn pro after their season? Seems like "just a guy" along with Hughes and Wright. Just bodies to fill out the organization with little to separate themselves from 4th line AHL jobs.
Not sure what the driving force is, whether it's his advisor and/or management pushing things along. I just see him more as a bottom-six player either way, which usually doesn't make the AHL terrible.

I just don't think he's going to develop any skills any further that would make him a bigger impact player. The biggest benefit to staying in college at this point would be to build muscle mass - that's something I'm not sure of with where he's at.

Is it the "best" course of action for him? That's debatable. Is it catastrophic to his career as a hockey player? I don't think so.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just wanted to give a head's up.

I know I just started the draft thread as well as this one at the beginning of the season. After some consideration, I've decided to take a break from these boards for an indefinite period of time. Consequently, I'm not going to update this thread or the draft thread. I am sorry.

I know that I usually write a lot on both of them. I hope those of you still passionate about prospects continue to contribute to both to keep fellow fans up to date.

Take care and thank you.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

I know I just started the draft thread as well as this one at the beginning of the season. After some consideration, I've decided to take a break from these boards for an indefinite period of time. Consequently, I'm not going to update this thread or the draft thread. I am sorry.

I know that I usually write a lot on both of them. I hope those of you still passionate about prospects continue to contribute to both to keep fellow fans up to date.

Take care and thank you.
Take care, KP. I appreciate all your contributions here.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Slukynsky lost his first of the season. Tough situation to be in. Team played 3 games in 3 nights, and he played back-to-back days. And with that the game winner was scored in the final minute.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

Take care and thank you.
goddamnit kaliyev how could you do this

can't blame ya, see you soon hopefully

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago

Take care and thank you.
This is none of my business, but I hope and pray this is for rest and relaxation and not bad physical shit.
I greatly appreciate and am indebted to you for all your time and effort, and especially your wisdom. I have learned a ton from you and been inspired by your intelligence and passion. Thank you for all you have done!

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002

Take care and thank you.
Love your work and all you contribute. I hope you are back sooner than later. Take care of yourself.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Apparently Kirsanov has been injured and is out until the end of the season, which is really unfortunate, as he finally was showing some progress recently.

weird one

holding that right shoulder like someone who popped a collarbone or dislocated it. that sucks.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Hoven made a prospect write-up today:

Sounds like the Kings are letting Meehan and Doyle walk without contracts.

Connors may play college another year and will likely decide in the offseason. Hughes, Wright, and Conmy are expected to play college next year.

Kings are deciding on what to do with Simontaival, Markkanen, and Jamsen as all three have their rights expire this offseason. Sounds like Jamsen is hopeful, Simontaival is a maybe, and Markkanen is unlikely and will walk.

Lastly, Salin is still a ways out but is expected to eventually sign depending on if/when he comes to North America.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Hoven made a prospect write-up today:

Sounds like the Kings are letting Meehan and Doyle walk without contracts.

Connors may play college another year and will likely decide in the offseason. Hughes, Wright, and Conmy are expected to play college next year.

Kings are deciding on what to do with Simontaival, Markkanen, and Jamsen as all three have their rights expire this offseason. Sounds like Jamsen is hopeful, Simontaival is a maybe, and Markkanen is unlikely and will walk.

Lastly, Salin is still a ways out but is expected to eventually sign depending on if/when he comes to North America.
Out of this whole group I think Jamsen is the only one that has potential. Still scratching my head at the Hughes pick.

Reactions: Vote4Lubo

Vote4Lubo

Axl's other other account
Feb 28, 2016
Antarctica
Out of this whole group I think Jamsen is the only one that has potential. Still scratching my head at the Hughes pick.
As someone else mentioned on this board, his own father passed on him 3 times. Seemed like such a vanilla pick at the time and is looking like JAD's replacement(trash)

• Haha
Reactions: ru4reals

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Not an exciting prospect pool when Connors and Salin are in your top 10.

The 2022 draft is looking like rat farts. They'll be lucky to get 100 nhl games from the whole class, which I doubt they will.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Not an exciting prospect pool when Connors and Salin are in your top 10.

The 2022 draft is looking like rat farts. They'll be lucky to get 100 nhl games from the whole class, which I doubt they will.
When it is headlined by Hughes in the 2nd round one knows there is an issue. Wonder if they even scouted a single game that year. IMHO that pick was the worst top 3 round pick made in over a decade, which just foreshadowed how the rest of the draft would go.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah that was a big head scratcher of a draft overall

I'm not one to give the org the benefit of the doubt buuuuuut they HAVE shown they are excellent at drafting JAGs, so these guys could end up being useful filler at least. Look at how well they do relatively in rounds 4-7 to the rest of the league and there could be some good in there.

But I will never, NEVER understand the Hughes pick, what a f***in waste of time, may as well have converted Toby to forward

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Is nobody going to mention that Denver won the Frozen Four, with Jared Wright scoring the GWG?
Seems like people mostly stopped following prospects on here. We wont see him in a Kings sweater until 2028 after he reaches his 5 concussion and 4 surgery AHL quota. If we ever see him at all.

• Haha
Reactions: ru4reals

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino