2023-24 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - Playoffs!

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
There's been more trades earlier in the season than in the past, probably why there were less deals on deadline day. Activity has picked up this year! Lots of movements.

All 6 playoff teams are set! No race to the finish, good luck to all the contenders!

Reactions: Canucks LB

archangel2

May 19, 2019
There's been more trades earlier in the season than in the past, probably why there were less deals on deadline day. Activity has picked up this year! Lots of movements.

All 6 playoff teams are set! No race to the finish, good luck to all the contenders!
you can blame me for the earlier trades

I chuckled at the Tyler Benson typo
rookie? He is more of a cougar than Reba McEntire

• Haha
Reactions: Kuzmenkshow

archangel2

May 19, 2019
We would thank you for increasing the activity in the league!
the two month break killed me but I knew it would. You guys now my philosophy, if I am going down and will go down like the titanic. Since I knew that for a good part of the season when teams played lots of games, I decided to send out the good players I had a do a full rebuild again. But, you guys know I am the king of crazy and love doing trades. Keeps things interesting

archangel2

May 19, 2019
a few years ago I posted about a midway research project I was involved in. Here is a link to give you an idea of what the unis were looking into. I was involved mostly with studying the water current systems that has lead to so much being attracted to certain areas of the different oceans.

The doc that was filmed in still in post production due to "differences" from certain organizations that donate to different unis and their questioning of some of the math used.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
First round byes: Kuzmenkshow, CRDragon

#3 Vanilla vs #6 Fedz Tiebreaker goes to Fedz
#4 Canucker vs #5 nameless1 Tiebreaker goes to nameless1

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Quick question about the CBA. Just to clarify with the CBA. A few years ago there was a discussion about rookies who were called up after the deadline. The question is about Josh Doan, he spent all year on the farm and was called up on the 25th. The deadline was the 8th. Now I am not questioning Doan being picked up, I was on line when I saw that he was called up and thought oooh rookie pick up.. but remembered the rule. Is the rookie rule just for guys signing contracts after the deadline or any rookie called up after the deadline. Sorry for the bad wording. I remember a few posters making it clear that any rookie added after the deadline can not be keepers--but I am looking for a clarification on the how we describe rookies and who is or who is not allowed to be kept as keepers after the deadline. Doan was in the AHL but spent no time on an the NHL roster and was recalled after the deadline. I ask this because it look a few guys classified as rookies will be getting called up for the last week of the season from the AHL. Guys that had valid contracts prior to the deadline and I just need clarity as to know if I can grab them and consider them for my rookie keeper spots. I like options

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Quick question about the CBA. Just to clarify with the CBA. A few years ago there was a discussion about rookies who were called up after the deadline. The question is about Josh Doan, he spent all year on the farm and was called up on the 25th. The deadline was the 8th. Now I am not questioning Doan being picked up, I was on line when I saw that he was called up and thought oooh rookie pick up.. but remembered the rule. Is the rookie rule just for guys signing contracts after the deadline or any rookie called up after the deadline. Sorry for the bad wording. I remember a few posters making it clear that any rookie added after the deadline can not be keepers--but I am looking for a clarification on the how we describe rookies and who is or who is not allowed to be kept as keepers after the deadline. Doan was in the AHL but spent no time on an the NHL roster and was recalled after the deadline. I ask this because it look a few guys classified as rookies will be getting called up for the last week of the season from the AHL. Guys that had valid contracts prior to the deadline and I just need clarity as to know if I can grab them and consider them for my rookie keeper spots. I like options
Thats a good and interesting question

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Can add, but can't keep. Contract doesn't matter in how it is written.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Can add, but can't keep. Contract doesn't matter in how it is written.
Okay thanks for the clarification. Just wanted to make sure we are all on the same page when it comes to rookies. There are a few good rookies in the AHL that I think could get a look at the nhl shortly

Last edited:

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
We can still keep rookies we add at this point of the season if they were called up and playing before the deadline, correct?

Kuzmenkshow

Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Haha f*** sakes was deciding whether to drop Larsson or Dillon last night and picked the latter. Now Larsson isn't playing tonight

and now Svechnikov out with an illness.

This is great o_O

Last edited:

archangel2

May 19, 2019
We can still keep rookies we add at this point of the season if they were called up and playing before the deadline, correct?
Check with the commissions response to my question. I believe he responded any rookie picked up after the deadline can not be kept

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Any player that meets rookie eligibility that gets picked up after the trade deadline would be ineligible to be a keeper.

Kuzmenkshow

Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I know it was a bit of a weird process with the changing of the rookie post-deadline rules, but I don't see why rookies that were playing in the NHL before the deadline shouldn't be keepable if they're picked up after. I figured that rule was to prevent people from getting guys who made their NHL debuts or were called up post deadline, no? Either way, it is what it is.

Fedz, congrats man! Hell of a team you got there. My squad started the week slow and just couldn't catch up. Goalie cats were a big factor too, impressive week in between the pipe for your guys.

Good luck in the finals. Same to you CRD!

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I know it was a bit of a weird process with the changing of the rookie post-deadline rules, but I don't see why rookies that were playing in the NHL before the deadline shouldn't be keepable if they're picked up after. I figured that rule was to prevent people from getting guys who made their NHL debuts or were called up post deadline, no? Either way, it is what it is.

Fedz, congrats man! Hell of a team you got there. My squad started the week slow and just couldn't catch up. Goalie cats were a big factor too, impressive week in between the pipe for your guys.

Good luck in the finals. Same to you CRD!
There was a rule change proposed to fix that. I think it had to pass unanimously before the season though. I would vote for it again if proposed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3