2023-24 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - Playoffs!

Draft time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
For forwards, I am hoping to move E.Kane, Toffoli, Kuznetsov, and Rust for picks.

If someone wants a goalie, I am open to a keeper trade for Rask. Can include any of the above forwards as sweeteners.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Hi all, just making sure we're on the same page. This year our trade deadline will be before the NHL's trade deadline. NHL's trade deadline is on April 12th, 2021.

Our regular season ends on April 18th, and I think our trade deadline is usually a week and a half before the end of the Yahoo regular season. So I'm thinking of extending the trade deadline to April 8th, 2021 (currently pre-set to April 1st).

Feel free to send in your thoughts!

@VanillaCoke @FacepalmBenning @archangel2 @Canucker @BrockH @StrictlyCommercial @donut @Lucbourdon @CaptainBo @ahmon @nameless1

Reactions: VanillaCoke

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Hi all, just making sure we're on the same page. This year our trade deadline will be before the NHL's trade deadline. NHL's trade deadline is on April 12th, 2021.

Our regular season ends on April 18th, and I think our trade deadline is usually a week and a half before the end of the Yahoo regular season. So I'm thinking of extending the trade deadline to April 8th, 2021 (currently pre-set to April 1st).

Feel free to send in your thoughts!

@VanillaCoke @FacepalmBenning @archangel2 @Canucker @BrockH @StrictlyCommercial @donut @Lucbourdon @CaptainBo @ahmon @nameless1

I am okay with either date.
Let us know a week before the date you decide.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I am still trying to trade Toffoli (51st) and Rust (81st). Looking for a 4th or 5th for Toff and a 5th or 6th for Rust A 4th gets you both.

To be clear I am not trading Hamilton or Scheifele.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
How did we phrase the rule exception this year regarding keepers? Was it that last year didn't count? Or was it just a one year stay, which would allow us to keep "3rd year" players one extra time (into this year), but have no effect beyond that season? E.g. Wondering, if I had someone at 2 years last year, are they now at 3 years and need to be moved/lost? Or are they still eligible one more year?

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
How did we phrase the rule exception this year regarding keepers? Was it that last year didn't count? Or was it just a one year stay, which would allow us to keep "3rd year" players one extra time (into this year), but have no effect beyond that season? E.g. Wondering, if I had someone at 2 years last year, are they now at 3 years and need to be moved/lost? Or are they still eligible one more year?

If they were year 2 last season, they'd be year 2 this season. No keeper years added last offseason.

Year 3 players last season will require franchise to keep this offseason.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
If they were year 2 last season, they'd be year 2 this season. No keeper years added last offseason.

Year 3 players last season will require franchise to keep this offseason.

Perfect, thanks. Here's my current situation (keeper years are # entering this off season):

Locked In Keepers:
  1. Point (1)
  2. MacKinnon (2)
  3. Kane (2)
  4. Marchand (Franchised)
Next Tier (Need to Pick 3 - current ranking is below, but subject to change by season end):
  1. Nurse (0)
  2. Barzal (0)
  3. Varlamov (0)
  4. Merzlikins (0)
  5. Saros (0)
  6. Girard (0)
  7. Burns (1)
  8. Karlsson (Requires Franchise)
Rookies:
  1. Necas
  2. Hintz
  3. Dach
Everyone is available, but obviously I'm not looking to move locked in keepers. Ideally I would like to move "next tier" guys ranked 5-8 for picks, but it needs to be something decent since they're potential keepers for me. The 1-4 guys have a very strong chance of being keepers for me. I'm also open to packaging several guys for someone elite.

Also available on the cheap (any pick upgrade will do for these two; great fillers because of positional eligibility):
Kempe (C/LW/RW eligible)
Bjorkstrand (LW/RW eligible)

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I think MacKinnon loses regular keeper eligibility after this year.
I would like a clarification...
Because that would affect my keeper list too...
As I made the trade with BrackH a couple of years back.

Thanks.

Last edited:

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think MacKinnon loses regular keeper eligibility after this year.
I would like a clarification...
Because that would affect my keeper list too...
As I made the trade with BrackH a couple of years back.

Thanks.

Pretty sure I just got the clarification?

No keeper years added last offseason.

We made our trade March 5, 2018 (labelled "2017" season on Yahoo, because they mark by the start of the year). I kept MacKinnon 2018 offseason (1), 2019 offseason (2), and 2020 offseason (doesn't count, so still 2). You can keep players 3 times before you need to franchise them. Seems clear to me?

Reactions: CRDragon

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Every goalie I picked up in the last two weeks immediately gets injured.
This is a little ridiculous now.
:laugh:

I also might not get enough starts now that Montreal got this week's schedule wiped...
And I have one more pickup left.
Damn Covid.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille