GWT: 2023-24 English Domestic Cups (FA/Carabao)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The best places in the NE are easily New York and Boston, IMO.

Maine is fun too if you're not looking for the big city experience.

If you add in Eastern Canada after that then Toronto and Montreal are cooler than just about anywhere that isn't NYC. Maybe Boston as well but I think I prefer both of Montreal and Toronto.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
People that make fun of New Jersey do it because it caught on through micro pop culture moments that fanned out globally, and 99% of them have no conception of the state itself.

I promise you, as someone that grew up in the NYC satellite area, no one would (or would even want to) claim the city as our own beyond acknowledging it as a perk.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The best places in the NE are easily New York and Boston, IMO.

Maine is fun too if you're not looking for the big city experience.

If you add in Eastern Canada after that then Toronto and Montreal are cooler than just about anywhere that isn't NYC. Maybe Boston as well but I think I prefer both of Montreal and Toronto.
I liked DC and North Carolina a lot, but I thought there were a LOT of old people in NC. Never seen so many old people anywhere in my life.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm thinking Seattle, California, Missouri, Minnesota, Texas, Campton and Long Island.
Today I learned Evilo’s favorite song is Country Grammar

I liked DC and North Carolina a lot, but I thought there were a LOT of old people in NC. Never seen so many old people anywhere in my life.
Oh yeah. That checks out. Got to watch out for the Grey Dawn on Sundays after church gets out

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Nirvana, Hendrix, Metallica, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan, Janis, Dre+Kendrick and Wu Tang.
"Country Grammar"
All fine choices. I guess I'm getting old though, I don't *get* Kendrick.

Gaslight Anthem, Trophy Scars, Titus Andronicus, Front Bottoms, Springsteen, Misfits, Streetlight Manifesto. All Jersey. All punk rock af in their different way, all good hockey music.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Gaslight Anthem, Trophy Scars, Titus Andronicus, Front Bottoms, Springsteen, Misfits, Streetlight Manifesto. All Jersey. All punk rock af in their different way, all good hockey music.
NJ is great because it’s very diverse state so it covers a lot of genres. I have some very funny Gaslight Anthem stories.

Also everything that you hear positive about Bruce is completely true. Talent speaks for itself and He is incredibly genuine

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
NJ is great because it’s very diverse state so it covers a lot of genres. I have some very funny Gaslight Anthem stories.

Also everything that you hear positive about Bruce is completely true. Talent speaks for itself and He is incredibly genuine
He's truly spectacular. Nothing but love for him.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
People that make fun of New Jersey do it because it caught on through micro pop culture moments that fanned out globally, and 99% of them have no conception of the state itself.

I promise you, as someone that grew up in the NYC satellite area, no one would (or would even want to) claim the city as our own beyond acknowledging it as a perk.

Well, username checks out!

In terms of music, Germany and Japan are rock superpowers as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
And, for good measure, it took going to Germany to fully unlock Bowie!

Krautrock bands like CAN and Neu! are spectacular. Japan has bands like Yura Yura Teikoku and Fishmans that I'd put up against most of anything.

And yeah, Bowie's Berlin trilogy is by far the best stuff he's done, I agree. Low is his best album, IMO. Him and Eno were just on another planet.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Krautrock bands like CAN and Neu! are spectacular. Japan has bands like Yura Yura Teikoku and Fishmans that I'd put up against most of anything.

And yeah, Bowie's Berlin trilogy is by far the best stuff he's done, I agree. Low is his best album, IMO. Him and Eno were just on another planet.
Kraftwerk my favourite of them. Low is definitely his best, but I also have a serious soft spot for Lodger (which never gets its due). He was already doing special stuff before going over there (Station to Station is such an omen of what was to come) but he hit a whole new tier.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I went to Metallica's anniversary shows in SF a few years ago, now that was a weekend! There were a lot of people there who traveled from all over the place, my favorite was this Russian guy I ran into when he was getting a burger and didn't know how to order. The full boat to Alcatraz on Sunday looked like they were bringing prisoners back to the island.

Oh yeah. That checks out. Got to watch out for the Grey Dawn on Sundays after church gets out
Yeah I ran into some at this BBQ place down in Charlotte. I was cursing while talking to the waitress (I was explaining I'm not from around here, so what the f*** should I get?) and this old lady gave me a death stare.

Plus at the UNC game there were tons of old people there too (I spotted Roy Williams early on and was trying not to stare at him), but I guess that's a stereotype about their fans. But well it's a true stereotype.

I've only ever been to the US and Mexico, but I think I'm close to done with traveling in the US for a while because I've seen almost everything I want to see. After I go to NYC and Miami I think that's it.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

If those are your genres, yeah NJ is your mecca. So many of those bands from the ‘80s through to the early ‘00s came out of Jersey.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I went to Metallica's anniversary shows in SF a few years ago, now that was a weekend! There were a lot of people there who traveled from all over the place, my favorite was this Russian guy I ran into when he was getting a burger and didn't know how to order. The full boat to Alcatraz on Sunday looked like they were bringing prisoners back to the island.

Yeah I ran into some at this BBQ place down in Charlotte. I was cursing while talking to the waitress (I was explaining I'm not from around here, so what the f*** should I get?) and this old lady gave me a death stare.

Plus at the UNC game there were tons of old people there too (I spotted Roy Williams early on and was trying not to stare at him), but I guess that's a stereotype about their fans. But well it's a true stereotype.

I've only ever been to the US and Mexico, but I think I'm close to done with traveling in the US for a while because I've seen almost everything I want to see. After I go to NYC and Miami I think that's it.
I just got back from New Orleans. That’s still my favorite city in the USA.

Yeah NC is old people and transplants. My best friend here is from El Paso. Lots of NJ/NY transplants too

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Jackson couldn't even get a shot off, that was a wrong choice drifting wide and then making a slow pass.

De Bruyne has created some nice opportunities, but Petrovic has played well in goal.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad