GWT: 2023-24 English Domestic Cups (FA/Carabao)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
With the ball, he's playing very centrally and having a lot of touches. Seems to fit very well with Casemiro. Looking forward to actually seeing him in the midfield with him. In general, could this be close to the ideal set up against low block teams for United?

Ipswich leading Wolves 3-2.

Lindelöf came in for Mount, who's probably eased back in and Amrabat has moved to midfield.

Copied from RedCafe:

Out of possession:

Onana
Dalot Varane Maguire Amrabat
Casemiro
Hannibal Mount
Pellistri Martial Garnacho

In possession:

Onana
Varane Amrabat Maguire
Casemiro
Pellistri Hannibal Mount Garnacho
Martial

Yea I didn't mean that as a negative at all. It was very clear the ETHs plan had him moving all around as opposed to simply playing LB. Even the in/out of possession marks you have discount how much he's been around the pitch.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The thing I like the most about this game is that they're actually putting in effort off the ball. A ton of times I've seen a guy busting it to track back or close a player down.

That's something that was rarely seen so far in the season and lack of intensity has been one of their biggest causes of issues.

Hopefully the B squad showing that level of effort will make the first XI pick it up too.

Feels like Haninbal is trying to get himself sent off for the dumbest second yellow ever.

Committing dumb little fouls for no reason. Gently kicking the ball away after giving one up, etc.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The thing I like the most about this game is that they're actually putting in effort off the ball. A ton of times I've seen a guy busting it to track back or close a player down.

That's something that was rarely seen so far in the season and lack of intensity has been one of their biggest causes of issues.

Hopefully the B squad showing that level of effort will make the first XI pick it up too.

Feels like Haninbal is trying to get himself sent off for the dumbest second yellow ever.

Committing dumb little fouls for no reason. Gently kicking the ball away after giving one up, etc.
Yeah, this has been the first solid overall effort this season so far, offensively and defensively.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
From Statman Dave:

Sofyan Amrabat’s half by numbers vs. Palace:
100% duels won
100% tackles won
97% pass accuracy
65/67 passes completed
5/6 long passes completed

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What didn't show in the stats was his awareness without the ball, constantly checking the whereabouts of other players near him, making himself playable to Onana and thus allowing to pass the opponents press.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Amrabat looked good. Casemiro too, hope he can play like that in league games. Palace didn't really look interested though.

Ipswich made 10 changes and still beat PL opposition. Ex United coach Kieran McKenna doing a great job there.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ipswich made 10 changes and still beat PL opposition. Ex United coach Kieran McKenna doing a great job there.

Ex-Spurs coach McKenna will be a good one. :)

They won League 1 last year and are 2nd in the Championship this season, would look great on his CV

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
My prediction for the PL teams tonight:
Aston Villa - Everton 2-0
Brentford - Arsenal 1-2
Chelsea - Brighton 1-1 Penalty win Chelsea
Fulham - Norwich 3-0
Lincoln - West Ham 0-1
Liverpool - Leicester 4-2
Newcastle - City 2-2 Penalty win City

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Poch listened and is starting all 3 LBs, granted one is playing RB. Palmer also in the 10 role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad