Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Euphoria-Angus-Cloud-22e887e8eef14762a3260b4d67364791.jpg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hvidston’s junior season is over as he loses to Vojtech Port’s team. Hvidston can come down to San Diego and play for the Gulls this weekend in their final game(s).
IIRC Connor is Gulls youngest goal scorer ever. He should go there.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Clara (Brynas) is playing today in game 4 of the HockeyAllsvenskan finals with Brynas leading the series 3-0. Clara is 9-1-0 in the playoffs thus far.

I thought I saw Clara in net in the pre-game skate, which the game has a start time of 10:30am Pacific time. They love the portrait aspect with their video cameras. I thought it was an EA NHL game pre-game video.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Clara helped seal the Finals sweep today. His playoff performance is 10-1-0 with a 0.931 Sv% and a 1.68 GAA. Damian's performance this season helped Brynas move back up to the first tier in Sweden's men's hockey SHL from the 2nd tier in HockeyAllsvenskan (HA).

On a tangent, Silf gets to play at the SHL level next year than the HA. I have no idea if Brynas has a high end goalie stash around b/c Clara is being recalled to his original SHL team, Farjestad.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I’d actually be surprised if Sidorov doesn’t become an NHL’r. Obviously a lot of his goals in Jr won’t fly, but he can score in so many ways I think he’ll figure it out. He’s not scared of middle ice and thinks the game with the puck at an NHL level. Easily the biggest surprise for me last rookie camp.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I’d actually be surprised if Sidorov doesn’t become an NHL’r. Obviously a lot of his goals in Jr won’t fly, but he can score in so many ways I think he’ll figure it out. He’s not scared of middle ice and thinks the game with the puck at an NHL level. Easily the biggest surprise for me last rookie camp.
For him to get the puck at the pro level, he will have to earn ice time and to do that, he will have to round out his game. Puck will be on his stick waaaaaay less.
So it's not only about the goal scoring, sure some of the goals or skill could translate, but there is so much more that has to go right. I'm not saying he won't, honestly I have no idea, I have not seen him much. Just my 2 cents on what will make him crack the pro lineup

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Unfortunately for Sidorov as often as he scores you don't need to look further than the highlights of last game to see him also stand idle or defend softly as the team gets scored on be it in transition or after extended defensive zone time.

It's not all bad though. He battles at times and he is usually not horribly positioned to defend. That is a nice improvement in his engagement on the defensive side. Also why he is still playing in the playoffs and not having to sit while more responsible players handle the lead defending.

His ability to break games these playoffs have been ridiculous, so hopefully he doesn't lose his identity and start shying about when he ultimately arrives.

Reactions: Kalv

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I'm not convinced Sido will make it in the NHL but one thing he has going for him is he clearly wants to be there and wants to put in the work.

As others have said, it's hard not to root for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad