Prospect Info: 2023-24 Ducks Prospects

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Depends on what he can add to his game. Currently he reminds me a lot to Sprong.
Yep. His scoring also reminds of Steel and Etem.

There's a long way to go to become an offensive weapon in the pros. He will not have the space. He will have way tougher goalies, etc.
Not sure how he plays without the puck but if he will not pay attention, he will not get any playing time, and when he will, it will be a grinding play

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Sprong, really? I thought at worst a Kessel, or is that a wash?

I thought he displayed at least some defensive awareness and compete in the WHL playoffs so far. Sure, he absorbs a power up mushroom every time he picks the puck up and becomes twice the player but he's not completely invisible otherwise. I think with his attitude, he will be getting instructions next summer what to work on and he will bear down on those.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Sprong, really? I thought at worst a Kessel, or is that a wash?

I thought he displayed at least some defensive awareness and compete in the WHL playoffs so far. Sure, he absorbs a power up mushroom every time he picks the puck up and becomes twice the player but he's not completely invisible otherwise. I think with his attitude, he will be getting instructions next summer what to work on and he will bear down on those.
Kessel is just a better, less a-hole version of Sprong. If Sidorov gets anywhere NEAR Kessel's production, it would be a miracle. Heck, getting to Sprong's production would be fantastic. But either way, there will be no defense. There's an "awareness" of defense in the sense that these players know something is happening when they don't have the puck, they're just not sure why. It's sort of a momentary existential crisis.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Kessel is just a better, less a-hole version of Sprong. If Sidorov gets anywhere NEAR Kessel's production, it would be a miracle. Heck, getting to Sprong's production would be fantastic. But either way, there will be no defense. There's an "awareness" of defense in the sense that these players know something is happening when they don't have the puck, they're just not sure why. It's sort of a momentary existential crisis.
I was speaking on the defensive side of things, no one's expecting Sidorov to be that kind of major offensive contributor, he would need a lot of support for that because while he can create scoring chances, it's usually for himself.

I think with Sidorov, either he lacks the speed to backcheck or the motor, doesn't look like it's the sense to do it. Either way, a lot of things need to happen if he was to ever do it at the NHL. But that said, I trust the guy will do whatever is asked of him and if he can pull it off, I think he makes the NHL in some capacity.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Damn I hope this kid makes it. He is going to be fun to watch at the NHL level

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad