Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Sounds like MacDonald is considerably more knowledgeable than Billington as a result of spending a lot more time scouting. In theory that's exactly what is needed, hopefully it helps in practice as well.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I was checking the box scores for the Eagles tonight and while perusing the roster I didn't see Meyers on it. I checked the transaction's page, and nothing happened there (thought he might have gotten called up). Is he hurt or was he actually a healthy scratch tonight?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I was checking the box scores for the Eagles tonight and while perusing the roster I didn't see Meyers on it. I checked the transaction's page, and nothing happened there (thought he might have gotten called up). Is he hurt or was he actually a healthy scratch tonight?
Hurt I believe.

Yes, it's "Shit your pants Wednesday, on Friday"
I only poop on Thursdays.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Justus' stats aren't great so far

qvThq2I.png

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Ranta has a goal and assist.. first points this year

OO has 2 goals

Beaucage … how’s he looked to anyone who’s watched

Reactions: Metallo

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Can't find kittens for the Eagles anymore. If anyone has a clue...
The streaming package is worth every penny IMO.

Ranta has a goal and assist.. first points this year

OO has 2 goals

Beaucage … how’s he looked to anyone who’s watched
Beaucage has looked like you’d think. Can fire the puck and can play smart hockey. Not really physical and behind the play. He’s getting decent minutes and put in the right situations he can produce. He’s just limited.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The streaming package is worth every penny IMO.

Beaucage has looked like you’d think. Can fire the puck and can play smart hockey. Not really physical and behind the play. He’s getting decent minutes and put in the right situations he can produce. He’s just limited.
Is it his skating still?

Am I wrong in thinking he might be higher up the list in the organization then ranta?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Is it his skating still?

Am I wrong in thinking he might be higher up the list in the organization then ranta?
Yeah still his skating. It isn't holding him back as much as last season, but it is still a struggle.

I really think that depends on roles... Beaucage and Ranta simply have different skill sets and roles. Beaucage is more of a stationary offensive type and Ranta is a transition and forechecking guy. If Beaucage has a NHL future, he has to mold himself into a Pat Maroon (kinda rare in today's NHL). Ranta meanwhile has a great skill set to be a crash and bang bottom 6 guy. His IQ may never come around, but if you're just looking for energy and forechecking on the 4th line, he likely has a better future.

So how bout that Jean-Luc Foudy, eh?
He's been great... really showing his potential.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Yeah still his skating. It isn't holding him back as much as last season, but it is still a struggle.

I really think that depends on roles... Beaucage and Ranta simply have different skill sets and roles. Beaucage is more of a stationary offensive type and Ranta is a transition and forechecking guy. If Beaucage has a NHL future, he has to mold himself into a Pat Maroon (kinda rare in today's NHL). Ranta meanwhile has a great skill set to be a crash and bang bottom 6 guy. His IQ may never come around, but if you're just looking for energy and forechecking on the 4th line, he likely has a better future.

He's been great... really showing his potential.

He’s off to a great start and obviously has shown some flashes over the years especially last playoffs. What is his absolute ceiling and an okay comparable if he were to hit his ceiling?
And for anyone who catches the Eagles games on a regular, how is JLF’s defensive game and has he started to attack the center of the ice more or is he still struggling to play anything more than the perimeter?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
He’s off to a great start and obviously has shown some flashes over the years especially last playoffs. What is his absolute ceiling and an okay comparable if he were to hit his ceiling?
And for anyone who catches the Eagles games on a regular, how is JLF’s defensive game and has he started to attack the center of the ice more or is he still struggling to play anything more than the perimeter?

His absolute, ultra high end ceiling like likely a Ehlers/Fiala sort of winger. Great transition players with great athleticism an understand how to attack the ice. I think that is incredibly unlikely. To me his realistic ceiling is more of a Haula sort of player, but his defense will have to come around.

His defense is mostly centered around not getting stuck right now. He's an incredibly transition player who can tilt the ice. He's not great at battles or coverage right now. He is getting much better about attacking the middle of the ice with the puck though.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad