Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Running the Eagles was the only thing Billington cared about, that would be the last thing he’d let go of if it was personally motivated. The Eagles are better than the previous versions because their org is better, they have a great home ice advantage and they finally do not have a lame duck head coach. Spending 300-500k on vets helps that product too but those guys turn over every 2 years or so.
I’m sure Billington cares about more than that, but purely speculation on both sides there.

Billington is a big part of building the Eagles as an AHL franchise. That should be acknowledged.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Just out of curiosity, but for anyone who is watching why is Ranta on the fourth line? Didn’t he have a decent camp?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just out of curiosity, but for anyone who is watching why is Ranta on the fourth line? Didn’t he have a decent camp?
They have decided his lot in life is as a forechecker so he will not be put in offensive situations. He’s not even on pp2. So any production he musters will be a miracle. They had him in this position in preseason too.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
They have decided his lot in life is as a forechecker so he will not be put in offensive situations. He’s not even on pp2. So any production he musters will be a miracle. They had him in this position in preseason too.

So the Avs are actually having a prospect play a role in the AHL that mirrors their projected role in the NHL? That's new.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Foudy has 1G4A in four games so far, I wonder if he's going to force his way up onto the big club soon. After his stellar playoffs last year he seems to be picking up right where he left off.

If I recall correctly, by most accounts from pre-season he was very much playing to the perimeter and easily over powered. Not sure if he’s finding a bit more of a nose for the net or if he’s got linemates that address that for him. I think Newhook and Meyers are significantly better players and both of them are struggling to meet the demands of the NHL grind in our system. I’d rather he get slow cooked, be taught and learn in the lower league how to go to the areas he needs to.

That’s why we’re seeing Maltsev (4 assists in 4 games) he’s more NHL ready, older and I don’t think the Avs are as concerned about impacting his development.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
Maltsev makes a lot of sense. Let Myers get some more games down there, Maltsev is a guy you don't intend on playing on the second line, but can probably bounce third and 4th line fine.

A guy like Foudy I think you would only do if you felt like he could be a 2nd and 3rd liner, he would never be a fit for the 4th line.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't have much faith in Maltsev being a full time NHLer despite obvious talent and hockey sense. Dude just strikes me as Grigorenko 2.0. But hey, anything to keep guys like MacDermid from having a regular role in the lineup.

Reactions: Alienblood

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Foudy.png

Foudy 100 point season let's go bitches

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad