2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It’s really hard to say. His production/path to NHL is very unique. I would be more confident if he did this for multiple years in a row.

From what I have seen, when the puck is on his stick he’s NHL ready. But not quite sure his whole game is there.

I would start him in AHL and see how it goes.
as would I get him acclimated with the pro game. unless he really stands out in camp and pre-season.

then again will he want to come here? wonder what brink tells him?

Lappy is Tortorella's replacement once he moves into a cushy advisory role
one can hope

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
as would I get him acclimated with the pro game. unless he really stands out in camp and pre-season.

then again will he want to come here? wonder what brink tells him?
Who knows. The only thing the flyers can offer him that no other team can offer him is one game in the NHL this year, and burning a year off the ELC… but I don’t know if they’re going to do that or not. I just can’t see torts agreeing to playing Him in the lineup if the game matters as much as I anticipate it will…

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Desnoyers had a pretty sizable drop in production this year.
Forget if I mentioned it last year but he shot 18% last year which was well above even his Q averages. It wasn't sustainable. He's shooting 4% this year. Also not sustainable. :laugh:

Looks like they took him off the PP too which is right out of the Laughton playbook. I don't think these guys understand what ripping away PP time from prospects who have played on the PP their whole life, does to their confidence.

Kinda weird they never called up Laczynski for a 4th line cameo. Seems like he was one of the few guys that produced without premium PP time. Also +11 on a team with a -30 goal differential if that's your thing.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Who knows. The only thing the flyers can offer him that no other team can offer him is one game in the NHL this year, and burning a year off the ELC… but I don’t know if they’re going to do that or not. I just can’t see towards agreeing to playing Him in the lineup if the game matters as much as I anticipate it will…
well if torts has a say no way he gets in the game unless the are already eliminated.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Just looking at the makeup of their roster this year. I guess it’s possible he could be a trade candidate in the WHL after this season?
Maybe. Historically they have never really done a full rebuild though. Cagnoni is probably too good to play as an overager but they did get Jugnauth mid year from Wisconsin who I was figuring would stick around for another year. That would at least give them a great top pair while my prediction that Sotheran would have a full breakout in his D+2 takes a bit of a hit.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Maybe. Historically they have never really done a full rebuild though. Cagnoni is probably too good to play as an overager but they did get Jugnauth mid year from Wisconsin who I was figuring would stick around for another year. That would at least give them a great top pair while my prediction that Sotheran would have a full breakout in his D+2 takes a bit of a hit.

Don’t worry.... he will breakout so I have to eat crow aha

Reactions: FLYguy3911

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Is this good? Are we happy with this?
Seems a low risk, high ceiling acquisition. By many accounts, he has good perception, a well-rounded skill set, leadership, and few flaws. Whether that transfers to the next level is the obvious question. But the team needs an infusion and maybe he is a diamond in the rough.

Reactions: BernieParent

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Nope. He is Jason Akeson 2.0 :naughty:
You are probably right, but, at least, it is something to get excited about even if it is only for a fleeting moment. This is life as a Flyers fan..hoping that some day our team could be as exciting as watching paint dry.

Reactions: Pantokrator

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Another player that Laperriere gets to sink his claws into. What's the over/under that Rizzo will start on the 3rd or 4th line in Lehigh Valley because "checking" and "defense" will be the priority and skill development takes a back seat?

Reactions: Pantokrator

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Another player that Laperriere gets to sink his claws into. What's the over/under that Rizzo will start on the 3rd or 4th line in Lehigh Valley because "checking" and "defense" will be the priority and skill development takes a back seat?
They have to at least be considering moving on from him at this point right?

I feel like he’s been down there accomplishing nothing for a long time. It’s wild how exciting the phantoms used to be when they were in Philly. Since the move it feels like they aren’t a priority at all.

I miss hitting an early flyers game and getting a free ticket to the phantoms game that night with the ticket stub.

Also going to the game where they won the championship in 2005. Most likely the only time I’ll see a Philly team win a championship in person hahaha.

Would be nice to revamp the team from top to bottom.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad