6. Oshawa
7. North Bay
8. Brantford
9. Niagara
10. Peterborough

West Winner: Owen Sound over London.
East Winner : Sudbury over Barrie.

League winner: Owen Sound
north bay is interesting, could ya e two of rye best players in the OHL but zero depth around them

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
London
Saginaw
Owen Sound
Guelph
Erie
Soo
Flint
Windsor
Sarnia
Kitchener

North Bay
Ottawa
Barrie
Sudbury
Mississauga
Kingston
Oshawa
Niagara
Brantford
Peterborough

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So some last minute thoughts.
London - Saginaw who is the better team? I personally think it will be a toss up but you have to give the advantage to Saginaw playing in the west division. They should make up ground playing Sarina, Flint and Windsor. London has to face the Midwest. Owen Sound, Guelph and Erie. I see an easier route to first for Saginaw.

Same can be said for the east - Ottawa really only has Kingston and somewhat Brantford to contend with. Should be easy for them to get 1st in their division and second in the conference even though other teams in the conference will likely have more points.

Always fun to post with knowledge even though clearly I have no knowledge!

Reactions: LDN

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
London - Saginaw who is the better team? I personally think it will be a toss up but you have to give the advantage to Saginaw playing in the west division. They should make up ground playing Sarina, Flint and Windsor. London has to face the Midwest. Owen Sound, Guelph and Erie. I see an easier route to first for Saginaw.

Same can be said for the east - Ottawa really only has Kingston and somewhat Brantford to contend with. Should be easy for them to get 1st in their division and second in the conference even though other teams in the conference will likely have more points.

Certainly a fair point. I think LDN is the better team. Best defense in the league & now have Simpson. It's gonna be a battle to score on them.

Their top line is gonna light it up once Cowan returns. Don't love their middle-6, but I didn't last yr and look where they finished & got (still salty)..

Saginaw definitely has an easier division but I worry they'll be playing in a lot of 6-5 type games and u lose some of those vs teams u shouldn't when u play like that.

I genuinely don't see a great roster with Ottawa but everybody has them top 3 so it makes me feel like I'm missing something.. I think there's gonna be a logjam after the top 2 or 3 in the east, but I've been wrong and probably will be wrong lol.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Certainly a fair point. I think LDN is the better team. Best defense in the league & now have Simpson. It's gonna be a battle to score on them.

Their top line is gonna light it up once Cowan returns. Don't love their middle-6, but I didn't last yr and look where they finished & got (still salty)..

Saginaw definitely has an easier division but I worry they'll be playing in a lot of 6-5 type games and u lose some of those vs teams u shouldn't when u play like that.

I genuinely don't see a great roster with Ottawa but everybody has them top 3 so it makes me feel like I'm missing something.. I think there's gonna be a logjam after the top 2 or 3 in the east, but I've been wrong and probably will be wrong lol.
I agree with your sentiment in Ottawa. Every team in the that division (Ottawa, Brantford, Kingston, Oshawa, Peterborough) are either in mid rebuild or at least, worse off then last year. It almost seems like since no one in this division is making a push it could be very close in standings of 1-5 in that division but that is my opinion

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
north bay is interesting, could ya e two of rye best players in the OHL but zero depth around them
Much less support but zero depth is an overstatement. 3 high end overagers. Wakely looking to improve on a 30 goal season, Romani finally has some daylight and will impress.

Having the best defenseman in the league play 30 mins a night and the best goaltender play 75% of the games will take you far in junior hockey.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON

alot of ya'll underestimate what the Sault is bringing to the table...

Reactions: BehindSooNet

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Saginaw's also in a position to spend a ton of picks if needed, too, compared to the Knights. It's going to be a mind game as much as an on-ice one.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Saginaw's also in a position to spend a ton of picks if needed, too, compared to the Knights. It's going to be a mind game as much as an on-ice one.
Saginaw is in a position where they HAVE to spend..they have to blow up their future to go all in this year, there is zero question about that...cupboards will be bare for years to come after this season

Reactions: LDN

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Saginaw is in a position where they HAVE to spend..they have to blow up their future to go all in this year, there is zero question about that...cupboards will be bare for years to come after this season
Parekh & Misa could help fix that lol. They also are absolutely loaded on ammunition. So they can go all in & still not be utterly depleted depending on who they target & how many guys they add.
alot of ya'll underestimate what the Sault is bringing to the table...
I have them 4th. Ill be honest I'd be legitimately surprised if they came top 3. I think they are a tier below OS LDN SAG. Defense should be great. Goaltending is TBD. Offense will be fine. Not great. Not bad. But fine. Certainly see the upside if they go add 2-3 Fs & Schenkel is legit.

You are correct, but we've said that how many times with London lol. They'll somehow get a stud F for next to nothing. Trade a young guy for another one & get a solid middle-6er for a pick or two & they're set. Probably sign some USA kid out of nowhere. At a great position where they don't have touch G, D or top line.

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
You are correct, but we've said that how many times with London lol. They'll somehow get a stud F for next to nothing. Trade a young guy for another one & get a solid middle-6er for a pick or two & they're set. Probably sign some USA kid out of nowhere. At a great position where they don't have touch G, D or top line.

London will figure out how to get some random stud for a pair of mid-round picks haha it's inevitable. That's where part of the mind games come in, though. Saginaw has the assets. London has the ability to navigate weird waters. Which team does it better?

It's actually kind of fun from a Windsor POV now. I don't expect them to compete for the conference title. Heck, home ice is even a stretch. Sitting back and watching London/Saginaw battle off the ice could be very entertaining.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
London will figure out how to get some random stud for a pair of mid-round picks haha it's inevitable. That's where part of the mind games come in, though. Saginaw has the assets. London has the ability to navigate weird waters. Which team does it better?

It's actually kind of fun from a Windsor POV now. I don't expect them to compete for the conference title. Heck, home ice is even a stretch. Sitting back and watching London/Saginaw battle off the ice could be very entertaining.
London has not been able get top players for a low cost for a few years now. There are other teams that these players are willing to be traded to including Hamilton, Peterborough, Oshawa, Kitchener, Windsor, Sarnia and North Bay. The Knights have had to trade their high picks and a few quality players to make trades.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON

Saginaw will be the de facto choice of landing spot for any player, whether they have the players and picks to pull off trades will be the question...the West will be heated this year with probably 4-5 teams in the mix all jockeying for the same players....the Owen Beck sweepstakes will be interesting to see

ColtsNLeafs

Jul 20, 2022
Parekh & Misa could help fix that lol. They also are absolutely loaded on ammunition. So they can go all in & still not be utterly depleted depending on who they target & how many guys they add.

I have them 4th. Ill be honest I'd be legitimately surprised if they came top 3. I think they are a tier below OS LDN SAG. Defense should be great. Goaltending is TBD. Offense will be fine. Not great. Not bad. But fine. Certainly see the upside if they go add 2-3 Fs & Schenkel is legit.

Having Parekh & Misa is all the more reason the Spirit should be buyers but not go all in this year.....They are already hosting the Memorial Cup...They're in. Sure it would be nice to win it all but they already know here they are headed. Next year they should go all in when Parekh & Misa are a year older and in their most likely final years.

I have them 2nd behind the Knights. Offense should be more than fine imo. Misa should push for 45 goals/90 pts this year imo, Haight can put up 35-40 goals, Sapoliv was a 1st rounder for a reason and should take a huge leap this year, Willis, Lokus, Zhugin, are all a pt a game or better players too. Plus you know they will add at least one FW if not 2.

London
Saginaw
Owen Sound
Guelph
Erie

Side note....The Sting are currently (as I type this) on pace for 99922889 goals this year. I say they do it! lol. Windsor really might be in the basement of the west this year

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I think many people have underestimated the Peterborough Petes this season. They are 2-0-0-0 on the season after a 5-2 win against the 67s in Ottawa. The Petes dominated most the of the game. It is early in the season but I think the Petes will be very competitive this year. I would have to think they will crack the OHL top 16 list on Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: StingUpdates

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
I think many people have underestimated the Peterborough Petes this season. They are 2-0-0-0 on the season after a 5-2 win against the 67s in Ottawa. The Petes dominated most the of the game. It is early in the season but I think the Petes will be very competitive this year. I would have to think they will crack the OHL top 16 list on Monday.
I don't disagree that people have put them too low on the list---- but while they may have dominated the 67's game, but we can probably agree they were lucky(and I hate saying lucky but it is what it is) to come out with a win Thursday. Kingston was the better team that night. They likely should be 1-1 but time will tell. I think by game 10 it will be much clearer. Lots of teams still missing a key player at camp or injured while at camp, some still trying to sort out what OA's to keep or release.

Reactions: HF92

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
15-20 in the league is where just about everyone seemed to have them (fringe playoff team once they sell of Mayer/Lockhart). So just cracking the top 16 doesn’t mean a ton

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Having Parekh & Misa is all the more reason the Spirit should be buyers but not go all in this year.....They are already hosting the Memorial Cup...They're in. Sure it would be nice to win it all but they already know here they are headed. Next year they should go all in when Parekh & Misa are a year older and in their most likely final years.

I have them 2nd behind the Knights. Offense should be more than fine imo. Misa should push for 45 goals/90 pts this year imo, Haight can put up 35-40 goals, Sapoliv was a 1st rounder for a reason and should take a huge leap this year, Willis, Lokus, Zhugin, are all a pt a game or better players too. Plus you know they will add at least one FW if not 2.

London
Saginaw
Owen Sound
Guelph
Erie

Side note....The Sting are currently (as I type this) on pace for 99922889 goals this year. I say they do it! lol. Windsor really might be in the basement of the west this year
Be a tough job for all those teams to finish in the top 5 when 4 of them are gonna be fighting each other for points all season. They'll be playing each other a lot and if one or two teams keep winning, the rest aren't getting any points haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad