2023-2024 standings prediction:

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
Agreed. But, NorthernVoice did make a reasonable comment in regards to the Petes. No matter what they do, it is unlikely they will be competitive next Year. The question for them is how long they want to extend next years struggles. What they do this year will help determine how long it will take for them to recover.

Ottawa isn’t good enough next year, IMO. I see three teams ahead of them (Eastern Conference) if everything remains status quo. If they choose to sell this year, it will likely assist them in 2025-2026.

Missy has to be the odds on favourite next year in the Eastern Conference. They are the team that needs to be disciplined and not do much this year and ride it out.
As a 67's fan, the Petes can push again this year and they become a non factor for the next 7-8 season, I'm ok with that. The Petes GM is smarter than that.

I think Brantford and Kingston to a lesser degree are in a similar position to Missy this year. Brantford is quietly creeping into the picture, if they ever got some goaltending they will be dangerous.

Completely agree with you on Ottawa next year which is why a spend crazy this year somehow makes sense to me. They will have assets to replace it next year if they do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad