Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 04.29.2024)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
not yet at decision point w Karpa,
has another year of (Ivy-league) eligibility at Harvard,
and could do a 5th NCAA season, elsewhere, as well

Barbashev's had mixed results since draft day
I'd prefer they not bail too early, his '22-23 was so promising
if he'd agree, rather than ELC, could sign him to AHL deal
or, could be traded before rights expire, as w Grubbe last spring

For a player who has become such a ? mark I think you have to ask how and where Barbashev would fit.

Right now Hartford's forwards for next year---Othmann, Berard, Sykora, Edstrom, Belzile, Nash, McConnell-Barker, Leschyshyn, Blidh, Korczak, Chmelar and Vaisanen all signed. That's 12. Now a couple of them could end up on the Rangers but it won't be more than two....might only be one. I think Edstrom has the best shot. Add two RFA forwards--Henriksson and Trivigno. I think we'll bring back Henriksson anyway. A question still whether we sign Laba or he goes back to college....also whether Roobroeck could make the jump and there's Sahil Panwar who is on an AHL deal but is nearly a point a game player in Cincinnati. Other ?'s whether the Rangers will bring in a vet forward or two to play for the Pack or if they sign any CHL, College or European udfa's.

My guess if we did sign Barbashev he'd be playing ECHL so I don't see any point signing him to an NHL contract.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
devils sign Wendt, a highly ranked F FA. can we get a skilled C prospect in here please?
According to my information Wendt is a right winger. If i'm a young FA winger looking to see what's my best career path to the NHL the Rangers would not be high on my list.

I think the Rangers biggest need now is center and LD.

Reactions: maris

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
not yet at decision point w Karpa,
has another year of (Ivy-league) eligibility at Harvard,
and could do a 5th NCAA season, elsewhere, as well

Barbashev's had mixed results since draft day
I'd prefer they not bail too early, his '22-23 was so promising
if he'd agree, rather than ELC, could sign him to AHL deal
or, could be traded before rights expire, as w Grubbe last spring
He will not have a 5th year of eligibility. He matriculated in 2021-22.

Reactions: cwede

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
According to my information Wendt is a right winger. If i'm a young FA winger looking to see what's my best career path to the NHL the Rangers would not be high on my list.

I think the Rangers biggest need now is center and LD.
not disagreeing just want nothing good to happen to then. so according to my information he sucks ass

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Rangers prospect of the month!

Attachments

• IMG_7460.jpeg
    IMG_7460.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 2

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
almost every OHL series has been a sweep except for 1 seed Gens being down 3-2 to 8 seed colts.

i know roobroeck has been productive but cmon man

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Barker had 8 points in a 4-game sweep of the Guelph Storm. He's tied for 4th in points and tied for 1st in points per game. Only 9 shots in the 4 games though, and half his production is on the PP.

Roobroeck has 6 points in 5 games. Oshawa leads their series 3-2, with game six tomorrow night. He has 28 shots in 5 games, but only 3 goals, so maybe he's a little snake-bit. Only 1 of his 6 points have been on the PP.

It's good to see both players producing. Hopefully they will both have long playoff runs.

Barbashev, on the other hand, had 2 points in a 5-game series loss to Cape Breton. A disappointing end to a disappointing season.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Barbashev blows and is an easy no sign.

I've watched a game and a half of Oshawa Vs. Barrie. The Gens kind of thumped them in game 3 (Barrie's goalie stood on his head and made it seen closer than it really was) and they had to pull out all the stops to come back and win game 4. For a top seed, they haven't looked very good.

Rooboreck has been okay in my viewings. Great play in the NZ to set up the OT GW in game 4 but outside of that he hasn't been overly noticeable in the OZ. On the plus side, he has a clue defensively already so at least thats part of the tool kit.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Barbashev blows and is an easy no sign.

I've watched a game and a half of Oshawa Vs. Barrie. The Gens kind of thumped them in game 3 (Barrie's goalie stood on his head and made it seen closer than it really was) and they had to pull out all the stops to come back and win game 4. For a top seed, they haven't looked very good.

Rooboreck has been okay in my viewings. Great play in the NZ to set up the OT GW in game 4 but outside of that he hasn't been overly noticeable in the OZ. On the plus side, he has a clue defensively already so at least thats part of the tool kit.
Will Roobroeck get signed this summer? If Barbashev gets signed its cause of bloodlines and nothing more. ECHL player at best

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Will Roobroeck get signed this summer? If Barbashev gets signed its cause of bloodlines and nothing more. ECHL player at best

I wouldn't be surprised if he's signed. He's really come on over the last few months and he isn't baked into the AHL even if he does sign coming out of the CHL (can always go back for an overage year though I'm not sure that he would.)

They shouldn't waste a contract on Barbashev. Taking a flier on him in the 5th round was a worthy gamble but he's literally the same player he was in his D-2 season. Sometimes guys just stop improving.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Roobroeck with an assist in a 3-0 win. 7 points in 6 playoff games. Oshawa wins the series 4-2.

Ottawa is winning their game 3-0. If they hold on they will win the series and play Oshawa in the 2nd round.

Soo (Barker) plays Saginaw in the 2nd round starting Thursday night.
Thanks, bud.

Reactions: GAGLine

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... Oshawa wins the series 4-2 ... Ottawa is winning their game 3-0. If they hold on they will win the series and play Oshawa in the 2nd round.
Soo (Barker) plays Saginaw in the 2nd round starting Thursday night.

How did BMB do last night?
FYI - SOO WAS SHUTOUT LAST NIGHT

HERE IS SCHEDULE, FOR OHL ROUND 2, FOR 2 NYR PROSPECTS
ALTERNATE DAYS FOR A WEEK,
THEN 5,6,7 FOR BOTH WILL BE FRI,SUN,TUE

Oshawa(DR) vs OttawaSaginaw vs Soo(BMcCB)
FRI 12 @ OSHTHU 11 @SAG (0-4)
SUN 14 @ OSHSAT 13 @SAG
TUE 16 @ OTTMON 15 @SOO
THU 18 OTTWED 17 @SOO
FRI 19 @ OSHFRI 19 @SAG
SUN 21 @ OTTSUN 21 @SOO
TUE 23 @ OSHTUE 23 @SAG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad