Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 05.07.2024)

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
This is either a 1-0 loss or (less likely) an offensive explosion in the third.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I feel a lot better about our RD prospect pipeline with Mancini playing like he has and Fortescue developing nicely….
Fox and Schneider shouldn’t be going anywhere for a least a half decade…….
FYI all indications are that Fortescue is LHD ...

1714762066104.png

1714761941689.png

Reactions: jay from jersey

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I know there are rumors of a rift between Drury and Gorton, but would anyone do the following trade?
To NYR: Guhle & Montreal's 1st Rd pick 2024
To Mtl: Kakko, Othmann, NYR 1st Rd pick 2024
I’d leave out the 1sts

I’d do Kakko+ small add for Guhle

Or
Othmann + small add for Guhle at the draft/offseason

He’s a great young cheap target, that if he hits his potential could be a real solid big top 4 minute eater.

Guhle-Fox
Miller-Schneider

Would be my ideal top 4 going fwd.
I’d still keep Lindgren around a few more years as an injury safeguard/3rd pair vet presence breaking in jones or any other young D we bring up on 3rd pair.
When Guhle hits his next step, then look into dealing Lindgren down the line.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
After going up 3-0, Oshawa lost game 4 in OT and game 5 in double OT. Roobroeck had a goal in game 4, but nothing in game 5, and only has 2 points in the series. He had plenty of chances last night but is struggling to find the scoresheet.

Game 6 is tomorrow at 2 pm.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I’d leave out the 1sts

I’d do Kakko+ small add for Guhle

Or
Othmann + small add for Guhle at the draft/offseason

He’s a great young cheap target, that if he hits his potential could be a real solid big top 4 minute eater.

Guhle-Fox
Miller-Schneider

Would be my ideal top 4 going fwd.
I’d still keep Lindgren around a few more years as an injury safeguard/3rd pair vet presence breaking in jones or any other young D we bring up on 3rd pair.
When Guhle hits his next step, then look into dealing Lindgren down the line.
I wouldn’t add to Kakko for Guhle. I feel MTL should really do a small add, but I’d probably make this trade straight up due to our positions of strength and need. I feel Kakko is already a small overpay for Guhle.
Othman plus a small add is reasonable.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I wouldn’t add to Kakko for Guhle. I feel MTL should really do a small add, but I’d probably make this trade straight up due to our positions of strength and need. I feel Kakko is already a small overpay for Guhle.
Othman plus a small add is reasonable.
Why do I feel like, with most of these things, if Guhle were a Rangers' prospect/young player and Kakko/Othmann were with Montreal, that we'd be seeing trades suggestions of Guhle for Kakko/Othmann because Guhle "gets caved in/is meh" and Kakko/Othmann "still have potential" and RW is a need for the Rangers...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Why do I feel like, with most of these things, if Guhle were a Rangers' prospect/young player and Kakko/Othmann were with Montreal, that we'd be seeing trades suggestions of Guhle for Kakko/Othmann because Guhle "gets caved in/is meh" and Kakko/Othmann "still have potential" and RW is a need for the Rangers...

The grass is always greener...

Reactions: JCProdigy

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Happy that Mancini is adapting well to the pro game. Fox/Miller/Schneider are most likely the long terms guys here so it would be great if both Fortescue and Mancini can retool the Rangers D in 2-3 years.

Drury's #1 job when becoming GM was to fix the infrastructure/scouting and he seems to have done it in the mold of his personality: no pomp and circumstance but efficient.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Montreal's pick right now is 5th OA...
Going back from '22 so was:
David Jiricek
Kent Johnson
Alex Turcott
Barrett Hayton
Olli Juolevi(!?!?)
Michale Dal Colle (!?!?!)
Ryan Strome
Nino Niederreiter
Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
Karl Alzner

That leaves
Jake Sanderson
Elias Pettersson
Elias Lindhom
Morgan Reilly

As guys most wouldn't want off their team yesterday.

I love Draft picks. People still overrate draft picks.

Also as an aside, "1st round draft pick" is an almost useless descriptor. Historically, a 1-2nd OA is different from a 3-4th OA, which is different from a 5-10th OA...etc on down. A 28th OA first round pick has way more in common with a 40th OA 2nd round pick than the 16th OA pick in the same round.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I don’t know, it’s a tough call. Guhle is playing 20+ min a night against other teams best, but the Habs are a 1 line bottom feeder team dressing a lot of youth.
To me, he’s got the goods. Another big kid that can skate. He’s definitely going to get better as he gets older, just don’t know where he’ll top out in terms of potential. Similar to Kakko in that regard.
Guhle just has more of an opportunity for more min and all situations there because they aren’t a deep/playoff roster.
Kakko is kind of situationally locked in.
Guhle is exactly the type of player I want to pair with Fox….
Adding another big man with Schneider and miller that can skate and play would be ideal…
Big defenseman always cost a ton to acquire, especially come playoff time.
The small add is to compensate Defense ( especially big talented ones) are historically more expensive/valuable then wingers( even big talented ones like Kakko)
When each guy was drafted is pretty much out the window at this point. They are both established young players with room to grow for hitting their full potential.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Going back from '22 so was:
David Jiricek
Kent Johnson
Alex Turcott
Barrett Hayton
Olli Juolevi(!?!?)
Michale Dal Colle (!?!?!)
Ryan Strome
Nino Niederreiter
Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
Karl Alzner

That leaves
Jake Sanderson
Elias Pettersson
Elias Lindhom
Morgan Reilly

As guys most wouldn't want off their team yesterday.

I love Draft picks. People still overrate draft picks.

Also as an aside, "1st round draft pick" is an almost useless descriptor. Historically, a 1-2nd OA is different from a 3-4th OA, which is different from a 5-10th OA...etc on down. A 28th OA first round pick has way more in common with a 40th OA 2nd round pick than the 16th OA pick in the same round.

I mean if the Rangers moved up from potentially #32 to #5, that's a huge jump and they'd likely have their pick of some of the top D in the draft sans Levshunov who will likely be off the board by #5. For a team hurting in the pipeline for D wold be a good start rebuilding with that pick.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I mean if the Rangers moved up from potentially #32 to #5, that's a huge jump and they'd likely have their pick of some of the top D in the draft sans Levshunov who will likely be off the board by #5. For a team hurting in the pipeline for D wold be a good start rebuilding with that pick.
Oh no doubt. I'm just pointing out that while you have dreams of Jake Sanderson dancing around in your head with that pick. It's just as likely (even more so actually) to be Olli f'n Juolevi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad