2023-2024 Preseason

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Nice assist by Antony. Garnacho looking good. Probably the team that starts until Hojlund gets fit. Maybe Wan-Bissaka for Dalot.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Moyes is toast, but the stagnant window obviously hasn’t helped. Moyes should have been fired probably three different points last season, but I think Sullivan was waiting until the end of the season and banking on flaming out of the Conference League. The reporting was if they lost the final they would have sacked him.

But Moyes somehow scraped that trophy and optically it looked bad to fire the manager leading them to the first trophy in 40+ years. Now they’ve screwed themselves and are going to have to go dumpster diving mid-season when he goes.

Who is a realistic target for them if they sack Moyes? This late its hard to find someone available and if they did it after the Conference league who should have been the target?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Who is a realistic target for them if they sack Moyes? This late its hard to find someone available and if they did it after the Conference league who should have been the target?
Not sure. Paulo Fonseca is a guy that kept getting mentioned last season, then obviously Graham Potter was bandied about. Also Will Still. I don’t know how concrete any of that is.

I think Potter and Steidten could form a good partnership. But at this point, it’s secondary. Almost anyone would be better than Moyes on-field product and he’s already clashing with Steidten because he wants to clutch at overpriced mediocre British talent.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It is preseason and all, but Mount missed this biggest walk-in I've seen this preseason... embarrassing :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Havertz is terrible lmao
I get that he was asked to be #9 today which isn't his strong suit, but being outplayed by a bloke in 20 minutes of action compared to his 60 is hilarious. I honestly think that this transfer is a revenge transfer for going after Mudryk and other past targets because he is opposite of everything that Arteta is currently building. The problem is that Chelsea is going to get the last laugh in all of this. Of course they were Pejorative Slured for buying him in the first place and we look even worse for actually wanting him.

Timber is an athletic freak, he was simply amazing until he got subbed off for no apparent reason.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I get that he was asked to be #9 today which isn't his strong suit, but being outplayed by a bloke in 20 minutes of action compared to his 60 is hilarious. I honestly think that this transfer is a revenge transfer for going after Mudryk and other past targets because he is opposite of everything that Arteta is currently building. The problem is that Chelsea is going to get the last laugh in all of this. Of course they were Pejorative Slured for buying him in the first place and we look even worse for actually wanting him.

Timber is an athletic freak, he was simply amazing until he got subbed off for no apparent reason.
Tons of teams wanted Havertz when Chelsea bought him, the only reason Chelsea even got him was because of the pandemic and their post transfer ban war chest. He was considered one of the best young talents in the game when at Leverkusen.

Now I am amazed Chelsea managed to sell him to Arsenal for so much, because he had been garbage for a long time at Chelsea.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

should've used the money on a clear upgrade or to bring in a youngster with upside

Timber's a perfect get, as a fullback he does everything Arteta wants out of his players. Great on the ball, reliable going forward and strong defensively.

Reactions: S E P H

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Only one winner of the last 12 Community Shield winners has gone on to win the Premier League.
You don't have to be jealous of our community shield dynasty (5 out of the last 10).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad