NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Each year we slowly become more and more like the Montreal canadiens fan base
Yeah some Bruins fans in 2019 turned into the Canucks fans after 2011 about rough playoff hockey. The Blues had two guys suspended a game even and still won the series. Larry Robinson, who I know doesn’t know much about hockey said the game plan was to pound the smaller players on D. The constant ref whining reminds me of Habs fans however

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dr Quincy

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Did you have an issue with Boychuk on Raymond or Marchand submarining one of the Sedin sisters?
Don't forget Thomas on Sedin. That was an unforgettable classic moment.

We beat up the Canucks. St. Louis beat us up. Was what it was.

We are more than physical enough for the Leafs. I don't think we are physical enough to handle Florida. If we play them they are going to pound McAvoy and the rest of the D and I don't think we have an answer.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
let me guess you think the blues were dirty ?

Yeah some Bruins fans in 2019 turned into the Canucks fans after 2011 about rough playoff hockey. The Blues had two guys suspended a game even and still won the series. Larry Robinson, who I know doesn’t know much about hockey said the game plan was to pound the smaller players on D. The constant ref whining reminds me of Habs fans however

Did you have an issue with Boychuk on Raymond or Marchand submarining one of the Sedin sisters?
This one is on me. I read it right after I saw the Wilson suspension. Made the wrong connection.

I have a problem with wild swings of sticks into people's faces. The other stuff is hockey and I want more of it. Not less.

Sorry. That was my fault.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This one is on me. I read it right after I saw the Wilson suspension. Made the wrong connection.

I have a problem with wild swings of sticks into people's faces. The other stuff is hockey and I want more of it. Not less.

Oh Wilson play was dirty for sure haha

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
With NYI fading, looks like either Tampa,Detroit,Toronto,Washington or Philly will be our opponent round 1

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
With NYI fading, looks like either Tampa,Detroit,Toronto,Washington or Philly will be our opponent round 1
Bruins beat any of them.

No biggie. I agree

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
100%. Ridiculous that the league is going down this path, but also sadly predictable. I'll take a few dud calls any day over further slowing down and micro-analysing of the game, even in crucial moments. But all coaches want as much control over events as they can get, and team managers are in the business of winning at all costs, so the pressure to increase the scope of these sorts of reviews is always significant. The league buckles bit by bit and it's the fans and the quality of the product that suffers.

I’m the opposite….probably because I’m old now and don’t usually have anywhere to be…..but, I’ll gladly take the extra time it takes to get calls right and hopefully, eventually weed out the lousy officials.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I’m the opposite….probably because I’m old now and don’t usually have anywhere to be…..but, I’ll gladly take the extra time it takes to get calls right and hopefully, eventually weed out the lousy officials.

Yeah I get that point of view. I just want the game to flow, more hockey less standing around looking at screens, or sometimes looking at other people looking at screens. I'll cop the occasional error for that. Besides, sometimes they do a video review and they still get it wrong, which is usually even more infuriating. Tech can just be one more crutch to lean on, it tends to make for lazy officiating, and as for weeding out the poor performers...yeah I'm not seeing it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah I get that point of view. I just want the game to flow, more hockey less standing around looking at screens, or sometimes looking at other people looking at screens. I'll cop the occasional error for that. Besides, sometimes they do a video review and they still get it wrong, which is usually even more infuriating. Tech can just be one more crutch to lean on, it tends to make for lazy officiating, and as for weeding out the poor performers...yeah I'm not seeing it.

All true.

Still kind of baffled over how long most of these reviews take, to be honest.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Honestly if we win the division I hope we avoid Washington. They've been on a heater recently. All underlying stats say they should suck but they don't

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Honestly if we win the division I hope we avoid Washington. They've been on a heater recently. All underlying stats say they should suck but they don't

Got to hand it to them, they looked as cooked as Pittsburgh 3-4 weeks ago, now they're in a wild card spot, and the Wings(3-7-0 in their last ten) visit D.C. on Tuesday, should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad