NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
That’s gotta feel like a straight left to the face for Ruff.
Listen, I have never been a big Lindy Ruff fan.

But this seems bogus.

He's seen them through what they should consider a successful rebuild. There for the dog days. There as they turned it up last season.

I wonder if he would have been fired if instead of a 112 points last year, the Devils were (say) an 82 point team. And then this season could have been seen as a continued trend in the right direction?

Just seems wrong to me that he would be rewarded for his success last season and then eight months later, punished for that same success.

Reactions: sarge88 and KWbruin

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Travis Green was only here a short time but he was one of my favorite Bruins of the early 2000s. I remember in the 2004 playoffs he was hitting absolutely everything in sight.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
They likely felt decent about their goaltenders heading into the season after watching Schmid help defeat the Rangers in last year's playoffs.

While both got grotesque contracts, losing Graves and Severson hurt in the short term, as has old friend Doug Hamilton being injured nearly all season. Asking a lot of rookies Luke Hughes and Simon Nemic.
Agreed on all those. However, not reacting at all though the season to plug those obvious holes has cost them dearly. Placing hope on inexperienced goaltending is all well and good, but when it's so obviously a detriment to the team something should probably have been done, and firing the coach will not magically fix it.

I won't pretend to know all that ails the Devils but giving the coach an extension and then firing him in the same season from a young team that has obvious holes, both circumstantial and self-inflicted, doesn't scream good management.

Reactions: BruinDust

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1709680332932.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad