OT: 2023-2024 NCAA Hockey Thread

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Wisconsin curb stomped Ohio State on goalie night, 6-1. That was a really fun game to be at! I'm pretty sure Ohio State's goal was offsides, but the "video replay was down" according to the ref. Good to see Silye get a goal. There was a moment in the game where a player went to blow up Stramel in the neutral zone. Any other player would have been leveled, but not him.

Wisconsin has now given up two total goals in their last four games. #1 in the country for goals against per game. I present to you, the reason Wisconsin is doing so well this year.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Do they serve liquor at Mariucci for Gophers games? If so, what kind? Just 3.2% beer?

I am looking to get over there for a game or two when they're back in town and interested the liquor deal there.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Do they serve liquor at Mariucci for Gophers games? If so, what kind? Just 3.2% beer?

I am looking to get over there for a game or two when they're back in town and interested the liquor deal there.
As far as I know it's real beer, not 3.2%
They also sell wine

Reactions: Northerner

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Wisconsin wins the Kwik Trip Holiday Faceoff. Back to back 3-0 wins over Air Force and Northeastern. Simon Tassy with the hat trick tonight. Great start to the second half :)

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Saw the second half of the Gophers/Badgers game. Did not see Stramel so unsure if he is scratched or I just missed him(Tweet showed him 4th line RW).

I have not see a lot of Gophers this year but when I have, Jimmy Clark actually is noticeable without me looking for him. Nothing special but good to see a late rounder not look out of place.

Also saw a bit of Harvard/Quinnipiac. Hard to really get an accurate gauge because Harvard spent a ton of time in their own zone. But when Healey got the puck, he made smart/accurate passes although some seemed a little weak.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Healey manning the point while they pulled goalie. Ended up getting a good shot through traffic that led to a goal. Had done something similar previous shift. Looks great with puck at the point.

And Healey almost tied it with a few seconds left...then broke his stick in frustration I like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Healey manning the point while they pulled goalie. Ended up getting a good shot through traffic that led to a goal. Had done something similar previous shift. Looks great with puck at the point.

And Healey almost tied it with a few seconds left...then broke his stick in frustration I like it.
We've yet to see any of them turn out to be NHL players at all but Brackett's sure been adept at using mid/late round picks to find all these guys that you're like "oh, this guys kinda neat" lol.

Bankier, Masters, Petrovsky, Healy, Milne, Spacek, and Novak all kinda neat/interesting dudes

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wisconsin - Minnesota not being on the regular big ten channel is such a joke.
Yeah, it's like they are trying to drive away hockey(and other) fans with their actions. The B10 might make a ton of money for themselves, but they have completely and utterly messed not only with the traditions of their league, but the interest many fans have in it.

The fact that they are not highlighting what should be the best clash between these two schools in years makes me shake my head.

Reactions: MuckOG

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
How about this Gabe Perrault kid just torching the NCAA as a freshman??? Wowza it would have been nice to have him in the stable eh???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad