Injury Report: 2023/2024 Injury Update

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He was, but he said that he wants to come back before the season is over. Not sure why...maybe he hope to be traded this summer?

Hockey players don't like to be on the sideline. It would be a much better feeling for him heading into the offseason knowing he finished the season healthy and back playing games.

Plus if there are games upcoming that I can play in, even as an adult beer league player, I look forward to them. Most pro athletes are no different. No one likes a long summer with no playoffs.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Not really as we will get more useless pts.
You're probably right. But on the other hand...............

Imagine if the Habs won the next 10 games, finishing with 88 just ahead of five teams with 87. And we get into the last wild card spot.

Also imagine Dvorak going to help Laval for two weeks on a conditioning stint, then returning to Montreal to replace Colin White for the playoffs.

Habs draw Boston in the first round, Celine Dion switches to supporting Montreal, and the Bruins wilt in disappointment.

Kent Hughes dons a red jacket and the club goes on a run, defeating the Leafs in the second round and Kotkaniemi in the Conference final.

Then imagine Dach returning for the Stanley Cup final and scoring the Cup winning goal. When they are in the handshake line, Sean Monahan tells Suzuki he will be returning July 1st. Toffoli says "me, too".

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Honestly, it's really concerning for his fighting career having this many shoulder injuries. Maybe he's been in pain for a while now and part of the reason he didn't fight as much. Seasons over anyways and Barron needs some icetime. It's not good but could be worse.

Reactions: FloJack and Tyson

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Hello, old friend.

pour-drink.gif

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Honestly, it's really concerning for his fighting career having this many shoulder injuries. Maybe he's been in pain for a while now and part of the reason he didn't fight as much. Seasons over anyways and Barron needs some icetime. It's not good but could be worse.

Is it possible it's the same injury that never went away?

EDIT: Never mind, read his thread. That's concerning.

Last edited:

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I mean he ran into 2 enormous dudes, a lot of weight coming together there.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Absolutely

Is it the same shoulder? Fighting or no, big physical guys would certainly encounter shoulder issues from constantly hitting and taking hits
But it's frustrating that he got jumped in the waning minutes of a game for no good reason. I really believe that an instigator penalty that results in an injury should come with a suspension.

And it happened in the same game Kucherov drove Guhle's head into the boards, to boot. Arghh!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad