Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Gotta admire @Mighty Makar's consistency, every time I see him post that I'm like...

My Man - Denzel.gif

For what it is worth, he's the updated list from CBS Sports....

Injuries.png

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You'd figure that ladies of the night would find a way to be more gentle but alas...

I meant likely groin injuries from all the hard skating, but you may be onto something. Maybe it's not from the skating.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Maybe Bednar should slow down a little when it comes to practice. I get that you’re trying to get everyone going, make sure they’re ready and all that, but if they’re getting hurt in practice, maybe he should try different tactics

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe Bednar should slow down a little when it comes to practice. I get that you’re trying to get everyone going, make sure they’re ready and all that, but if they’re getting hurt in practice, maybe he should try different tactics

If that's actually what's going on, it might just be a live by the sword, die by the sword kind of thing.

His system has proven to be truly exceptional IMO. It won them a Cup. And It really has taught all the players, especially the core, how to play smart hockey, and they drill it so much, the players that have been here a bit just know what to do without having to think too much.

And it doesn't work when they don't skate hard. This is why they lost to Vegas in the playoffs and why they lose most games during the regular season. You have to really attack puck carriers to stifle rushes and get the puck back, or the forwards get caught flat footed, and the smaller D unit isn't big and physical enough to negate the other team's speed.

And you have to really skate with the puck to break down opposing defenses trying to trap you, otherwise the D turns the puck over on the breakout, or you just don't generate enough good chances.

But all that hard skating in games and in practice may (this is my speculation) also be a big part in why they have so many injuries. Groin injuries, but also injuries in general from fatigue impacting their awareness, or over working their muscles.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If that's actually what's going on, it might just be a live by the sword, die by the sword kind of thing.

His system has proven to be truly exceptional IMO. It won them a Cup. And It really has taught all the players, especially the core, how to play smart hockey, and they drill it so much, the players that have been here a bit just know what to do without having to think too much.

And it doesn't work when they don't skate hard. This is why they lost to Vegas in the playoffs and why they lose most games during the regular season. You have to really attack puck carriers to stifle rushes and get the puck back, or the forwards get caught flat footed, and the smaller D unit isn't big and physical enough to negate the other team's speed.

And you have to really skate with the puck to break down opposing defenses trying to trap you, otherwise the D turns the puck over on the breakout, or you just don't generate enough good chances.

But all that hard skating in games and in practice may (this is my speculation) also be a big part in why they have so many injuries. Groin injuries, but also injuries in general from fatigue impacting their awareness, or over working their muscles.
It's so true. Bednar's system demands high skating ability and effort.

I keep thinking of the movie Miracle and Kurt Russell yelling, "The legs feed the wolf."

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
At this point I’m surprised we the Avs fans don’t get some kind of injury doing something being associated or connected with the Avs. Seems like everyone who has anything to do with the Avs is getting injured regardless where or who they are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad