Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Thread title week to week on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Am I wrong or the Hagel - Cirelli - Stammer combo is something never tried before?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So Motte def broke his hand then eh? The inevitable tampa injuries starting real early

I like the idea of Hagel and Stamkos together but Cirelli/Stamkos has never worked. Throw Paul in there and we're really cooking!! Not a fan of Sheary on the top line either tbh

Jeannot - Point - Kuch
Hagel - Paul - Stamkos
Sheary - Cirelli - Essy
Watson - Glendening - rookie

Reactions: Renopucker

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Taking better thread titles starting immediately

Well, for starters, Florida panthers aren't classified as "big cats".

Big cat:

siberian-tiger-1-e1533804003199.jpg

Not-so-big cat:

5576.jpg

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
You are indeed correct. I'm not saying the joke went over your head as much as people who know that will get the joke. It was all I could come up with at the time

I'm really not good at this lol

I responded to this before I fully comprehended your post...in any case, yeah, anytime I respond with that joke about panthers and big cats, it's mostly to make fun of Florida panthers being relatively puny-looking cats compared to teams named after tigers and lions, haha.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Neither Jeannot nor Sheary seem like a good fit at all for line 1, but I guess Sheary is the lesser of the bad options if he refuses to go with what's worked well(Hagel-Point-Kuch).
Sheary-Point-Kuch
Stamkos-Paul-ABB
Hagel-Cirelli-Eyssimont
Jeannot-Glendening-Merela
Watson
Keep the round peg/square hole combo of Stamkos/Cirelli away from each other and balance the scoring more optimally across three lines. If ABB isn't a part of the team, try one of Eyssimont or Jeannot at 2RW in this configuration.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Saw a quote from Sergachev I think it was a couple days back during camp talking about “the new system” and getting used to it. But maybe he was just referring to the new guys.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Did Cooper not say ABB has proven all he can in Syracuse? It seems pretty clear we don't believe he's an NHL player. Either give him minutes or let him go elsewhere, it's a bit silly at this point.

Reactions: JTBF81

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Did Cooper not say ABB has proven all he can in Syracuse? It seems pretty clear we don't believe he's an NHL player. Either give him minutes or let him go elsewhere, it's a bit silly at this point.
Agreed, and while he likely ends up back in Tampa soon enough(as Motte is made of glass and probabaly already has a busted hand), there's no reason for him to give a ****.anymore at the AHL level. What's the reasoning now from his pov? He's been the #2 point scorer in the AHL over the last 3 or 4 years, and he's seen no promotion. If he doesn't get the call up, no doubt he'll go through the motions for Syracuse, and then as soon as he can, get out of this organization for either another NHL team or one of the KHL.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The guy has his family rooted in Syracuse iirc, he may be OK with staying put in a good organization for now. Since he's on a 1 way I believe he's making NHL money regardless?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The old system was hybrid, and more of a man coverage, this is more zone. It is perhaps because we lost a lot of experience in the backend.
I posted about this in the old thread. #835

I don't see the change stemming from roster turnover. Shots from far away just don't convert into goals very often.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
As no doubt Tampa banked on, most teams weren't likely to claim ABB right at the start of tbe season, as rosters are pretty locked in atm and teams are unlikely to add someone barring a rash of injuries. Regardless, he's played well enough to be in a professional league(not the AHL), and no doubt he'll be in one either in the U.S. or in Europe, after this season(if he doesn't get a chance this year in Tampa, which he probabaly does).

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
We did let him go elsewhere. That's what waivers are. Nobody wanted him. For free.

Right. Which makes it more ridiculous that we keep bringing him back. We keep telling ourselves he's going to one day make the leap, but read your post again and tell me that's likely to happen. If you care about Syracuse winning then I guess it's better to have him on the team than not, but as for the development aspect it appears he's just eating minutes that can go to someone else that hasn't maxed out their potential.

He has, repeatedly, been given a fair chance to make the roster and has not, perhaps it's time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad