2023-2024 EPL Season

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool
Yes I am leaning like that too.

I think Man City will win everything from now on which will give them 91 pts.

I expect Arsenal to drop 2 pts in one of their game to give them 90 pts.

I also expect LFC another 2 pts loss which will also give them 90 pts but lower on GD.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
City have 2 wins and 1 draw in their last 8 against Spurs in the PL. I honestly expect Spurs to get a win. I think they will draw or beat Arsenal as well at home.
I'm happy you're confident. City pretty close to running the table down the stretch of each season is why they've won the title.

That's the same team that struggled with West Ham, got beat by Wolves and has labored through some other matches. I get they could theoretically get up for big matches, they have no Europe to distract, 4th place to focus on and tweaking their rivals might be a big deal.

I won't be shocked when they beat Liverpool, but who knows.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I'm happy you're confident. City pretty close to running the table down the stretch of each season is why they've won the title.

Last year City won 8 in a row against 7 bottom half teams and Arsenal. VERY easy schedule.

When they won 6 straight down the stretch in 21/22, the best club they faced finished 9th, VERY easy schedule.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Once again, I'm happy to be shown wrong. The pessimist in me plans for the worst and is happy when it doesn't happen.

It still is very difficult to win matches with the pressure. They have players who have done it, along with the best manager.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean the things that the neutrals don’t understand is that you can’t game theory this. There is no reason to expect all three of these teams don’t win out. That’s what happens in these tight races between City and Liverpool. Arsenal haven’t shown it yet, but there’s no reason they aren’t capable. People can talk all they want about who has the easiest run, who has the hardest run, etc., the fact is these three teams are better than everyone else that they are going to be playing. Yeah shit can happen but no one should be surprised if at least one of these teams don’t win out.

Reactions: robertmac43

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'd be surprised if all three dropped points. At this point at least one will win out, maybe two, I doubt all three though. City is obviously most likely, because that's what they do, but they also need both of the others to drop. Honestly it's too close to call, which is what will make it interesting.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Speaking of the refs, Anthony Taylor's last 13 games of officiating Manchester United, with United having won only 3. In those 13 games, he's given United 37 yellows and 2 reds. Opponents just 13 yellows and no reds.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Speaking of the refs, Anthony Taylor's last 13 games of officiating Manchester United, with United having won only 3. In those 13 games, he's given United 37 yellows and 2 reds. Opponents just 13 yellows and no reds.
He also had more ball interceptions yesterday than the Utd midfield combined :)

• Haha
Reactions: hatterson

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don’t actually think Taylor did anything wrong.

If anything he was more lenient towards United. He easily could have given Antony a second yellow when he kept screaming at him after his first and Casemiro seeing red wouldn’t have been crazy either.

The pen is hard to fault him for since the challenge by AWB was so stupid and it looked like a stonewall pen live.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t actually think Taylor did anything wrong.

If anything he was more lenient towards United. He easily could have given Antony a second yellow when he kept screaming at him after his first and Casemiro seeing red wouldn’t have been crazy either.

The pen is hard to fault him for since the challenge by AWB was so stupid and it looked like a stonewall pen live.
Just for the record I had zero problems with Taylor yesterday

• Wow
Reactions: bluesfan94

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This season has been really weird, not just for EPL with the likes of Liverpool only having two losses on the season, but Inter is having a PSG-esque season in Italy with one loss, PSG haven't lost since November with only one loss, and Leverkusen so far being unbeatable. Even Real Madrid only has one loss as well, not sure if the leagues got really top-heavy this year in particular or if some of these are fluke seasons so far. I bring up Liverpool because they have the most beyond 75+ minute goals and I am not sure how that is sustainable for the entire season, but they do have one of the weakest schedules remaining and are in Europa, meaning they can realistically keep this up. Same with Leverkusen, no team in BuLi seems viable to beat them and are in Europa as well making it much easier than in CL (plus they only have one legit tough match left in Dortmund).

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
This season has been really weird, not just for EPL with the likes of Liverpool only having two losses on the season, but Inter is having a PSG-esque season in Italy with one loss, PSG haven't lost since November with only one loss, and Leverkusen so far being unbeatable. Even Real Madrid only has one loss as well, not sure if the leagues got really top-heavy this year in particular or if some of these are fluke seasons so far. I bring up Liverpool because they have the most beyond 75+ minute goals and I am not sure how that is sustainable for the entire season, but they do have one of the weakest schedules remaining and are in Europa, meaning they can realistically keep this up. Same with Leverkusen, no team in BuLi seems viable to beat them and are in Europa as well making it much easier than in CL (plus they only have one legit tough match left in Dortmund).
this also doesn't matter because they can clinch the league this weekend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad