2023-2024 EPL Season

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

This is silly.

The drum beat to get rid of him when he's actually produced decent numbers (before a bit of a lean spell after an injury) doesn't make sense to me.

Do they need someone more ruthless? 100%. Should they eat a giant loss on Darwin to get rid of him just because the metrics say so? I would say likely no.

Especially not before a new manager comes in. There's a lot of work that needs to be done, but saying that X player is gone because Klopp is also gone is stupid.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Grace is so good!

This is silly.

The drum beat to get rid of him when he's actually produced decent numbers (before a bit of a lean spell after an injury) doesn't make sense to me.

Do they need someone more ruthless? 100%. Should they eat a giant loss on Darwin to get rid of him just because the metrics say so? I would say likely no.

Especially not before a new manager comes in. There's a lot of work that needs to be done, but saying that X player is gone because Klopp is also gone is stupid.
I mean the Edwards thing in a vacuum would be to keep Darwin and sell Salah and/or Diaz. But I think the point here is the current front office has no allegiance to Darwin. I just dont think Darwin has the technical ability to do much better than he currently is. He is like South American Lukaku. He will put up numbers. He will have moments where he looks unplayable; but his touch sucks, he can’t stay on his feet and I don’t think he can pick a corner with a gun to his head. I don’t think those things can really get coached up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad