Prospect Info: [2023 - 133rd] Sam Harris (NCAA - University of Denver)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
was watching one of his games vs Croteau this year, the video quality was total shit, Harris was kicked out of the game for a head butt as the two teams were mixing it up in the final seconds of the 1st, they put him out there in the final 8 seconds and when the puck ended up in the corner a near donnybrook broke out. Harris threw a punch that missed, the Waterloo player then sticked him in the ribs 3-4 times right in front of the ref, so Harris threw a head butt, it was kind of weak and didn't even connect.

Think I will try to catch another game of his as I don't know how much if any I will get to see him at DU next year since this past season showed it was impossible to see half of what I had hoped due to having such a massive amount of prospects currently and we have a shit ton of picks next draft so for now it looks like it will be a busy couple of years

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Denver has started their camp. I believe in the first picture, it's Sam Harris. He wears #12, but I'm not sure if that's a 12 on the helmet or a 17, which would be Peter LaJoy.

1694471629247.png

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Sam Harris is a brilliant philosopher, yes. Quite the monotone voice, though.

Awesome if he can put up points in his beer league, but I'm not sure he could cut it in the ECHL. PTO?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Sam Harris is a brilliant philosopher, yes. Quite the monotone voice, though.

Awesome if he can put up points in his beer league, but I'm not sure he could cut it in the ECHL. PTO?

Sam Harris would give great post game interviews...."On a continuum from the best possible Utopian scenario to the worst, most catastrophic scenario of well-playing we existed somewhere in the substrata......." :popcorn:

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Good to see him pick it up. He's only a freshman so he still has a lot of time to develop.

From reports after the draft, he might have a future has a bottom 6 buzzsaw so he doesn't need to be an offensive dynamo to be in the NHL. He's bigger than RHP/Simoneau so if he can play the same type of game that'd be good.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Good to see him pick it up. He's only a freshman so he still has a lot of time to develop.

From reports after the draft, he might have a future has a bottom 6 buzzsaw so he doesn't need to be an offensive dynamo to be in the NHL. He's bigger than RHP/Simoneau so if he can play the same type of game that'd be good.
At the start of the season he was glued to the 4th line. I think it was 3 weeks ago he earned promotion up to the 3rd line and the past couple of weekends he's up on the 2nd.

He's starting to figure it out and know what it takes to keep seeing these opportunities. Next season I think we'll get a much clearer picture of what he can do.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
At the start of the season he was glued to the 4th line. I think it was 3 weeks ago he earned promotion up to the 3rd line and the past couple of weekends he's up on the 2nd.

He's starting to figure it out and know what it takes to keep seeing these opportunities. Next season I think we'll get a much clearer picture of what he can do.
I liked Harris while tracking Buium, he plays a pro game, not the flashiest player but very effective and I would say above average in many areas.

Reactions: bopeep

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
They are not related.

Jordan is from Massachusetts.

Sam Harris is from California and somehow has Swedish nationality.
i hope he's not related to Kamala

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
After a slow start stuck at 3 goals and 2 assists for 5 pts for a while, he has now 8 goals + 4 assists in his last ten games which looks good for him to be a great player next year for Denver.

In addition to his physical play despites his undersized frame, he might be a good enough for a contract down the road. They were a lot of depth on that u of denver team to overcome to make some noise and move up the lineup. Sometimes all a player needs is opportunities and looks like he's doing just fine with them. I hope he'll continue on his trend and becomes a go-to player for denver next year like he was in the USHL.

Reactions: bopeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad